- » Barfi
Barfi, also known as burfi, is a sweet, rich, smooth, and dry square shaped or rectangular confection, which is a delicious Indian dessert fare. While there are several barfi recipes, the basic recipe of includes ... More »
1.In a thick-bottomed vessel place the paneer/ricotta, sugar, and mango pulp and cook on a medium flame for about 15-20 minutes.
2.Stir in the milk powder and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan. Turn... - 131.951
Diwali Coconut Barfi
Like coconut fudge? Then try this homemade Indian fudge. It’s actually a version of the typical coconut barfi but a little less crumbly. And fudge sounds better than barfi doesn’t it? All you need is 5 basic ingredients, cooked in a large wok on low heat... - 112.387
Kaju Katli - Cashewnut-almond Barfi
If you thought Kaju Katli is something exotic that is hard to make at home, I bet this recipe will prove it wrong! Effortlessly simple and with a set of ingredients that you will always have in your kitchen cabinet, this kaju katli recipe is sure going to... - 49.9743
1 Lightly grease a plate.
2 In a frying pan, heat the ghee
3 Add in the cashewnuts and raisins.
4 Cook, stirring till light brown and keep aside.
5 Add the sooji to the remaining ghee and fry till light brown.
6 In a small... - 42.4751
1. Rub mawa and sugar together and divide into 3 portions.
2. Cook one portion on a slow fire till sugar is dissolved.
3. Continue cooking slowly till mixture forms a ball when tested between finger and thumb.
4. Add finely shredded cherries and pink... - 42.0305
Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add the sugar, saffron, and ground cardamom, and bring to a boil again, stirring continuously, until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the coconut and... - 40.2307
• Fry coco powder and maida in 6 tsp of ghee.
• Dissolve the sugar in 3/4 cup water.
• Mix all ingredients except cashew nuts and stir continuously.
• When the mixture becomes thick, add cashew nuts and mix properly.
• When froth... - 36.9138
Kaju Ki Khasta Barfi
Mix the cashewnut powder, cardamom powder and sugar.
Add a little milk and the milk powder.
Slowly knead the mixture well.
Add a little ghee while kneading and roll out into a thick disc.
Cut into square or diamond shapes.
Sprinkle the chopped nuts... - 35.7847
1. Fry the gram flour in fat. Remove and set aside.
2. Prepare sugar syrup (use 1/2 the amount of water to sugar) of one-string consistency.
3. Add the fried flour and cook till it forms one lump in the centre of the pan.
4. Remove from fire, sprinkle crushed... - 35.0779
Nariyal Ki Barfi
Fry the coconut scrapings till golden.
With the sugar and 1 cup water, make a syrup of 2-thread consistency.
Add the cocount scrapings and cook till thick.
Add the ghee and reduce the heat.
Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel.
When... - 33.4897
Delicious, Sweet and Tasty. King Of all Barfi. - 33.3897
Pour the milk into a heavy pan, bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, until it has reduced by half.
Add the sugar and dissolve over low heat.
Mix the pistachio nuts, almonds and cardamom seeds and add to the pan.
Stir well and continue to cook, stirring,... - 33.0512
Cashew Nut Barfi
1. Soak cashewnuts in water for 1 hour.
2. Grind coconut and cashewnuts into a fine paste.
3. Add sugar and cook the mixture on a slow fire stirring constantly.
4. Add fat and keep stirring until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
5. Add cardamom... - 32.258
Mung Dal Barfi
1. Soak daal over night. Drain. Grind coarsely in food processor. Keep aside.
2 Grind sugar, cardamom, saffron to fine powder in dry grinder. Keep aside.
3.Heat butter in non-stick frypan. Add daal, fry on medium till golden brown.
4. Reduce heat. Add milk.... - 32.007
Semolina Barfi has a great taste. Semolina Barfi gets its taste from Semolina mixed with sugar and milk, flavored with cardamoms. Semolina Barfi is loved by many people. - 31.8806
1. Mix sugar with mawa and put into a fry-pan over gentle heat, and stir.
2. When mixture is ready (mixture forms balls when tested with fingers) remove from fire. Add coconut and stir well.
3. Spread on a greased tray (keeping a little aside).
4. Mix... - 31.6424
Badam Ni Barfi
Simmer milk with sugar, stirring continuously till thick and practically solid.
Add almonds and a pinch of green colouring.
Continue cooking and stirring for 3-4 minutes more or until it is no longer sticky.
Pour mixture onto a greased tray and allow to... - 31.6269
Besan Sev Ki Barfi
Add 1/2 cup water to sugar and cook till the syrup is of a two thread consistency.
Add khoya and blend.
Remove from fire.
Add broken sev, nuts, raisins, cardamom powder and essence.
Pour onto a greased plate and cool.
Cut into squares and serve at room... - 31.453
Seviyon Ki Barfi
Heat ghee and add the vermicelli.
Fry to a rich golden colour.
Add 2 cups of water and cook till the vermicelli is soft.
Add khoya, mashed well, and sugar.
Blend and cook till the mixture is firm and blended.
Add nuts, cardamom powder, saffron and pat... - 30.6255
Banarasi Lotus Stem Barfi
Wash the lotus roots and scrape off the thin brown skin on top. Soak overnight.
The next day, wash the roots well, split in the centre and remove every speck of dirt. Then grind it to a fine paste. Discard any stringy material.
Place the ghee in a large... - 30.6077
• Melt ghee and fry besan in it till a nice smell comes out.
• Transfer the mixture in another vessel and mix with milk powder.
• Make thick sugar syrup.
• Drop the fried besan mixture in sugar syrup and stir it.
• Transfer it to a... - 30.1282
Boil the milk well. Then add the sugar and the coconut and boil for well over an hour till the mixture starts thickening.
Crumble the mava and add it to the coconut milk. Allow it to thicken well. When the mixture stops turning easily, and is sticky to the... - 28.309
1. Mix sugar with mawa; put into a fry-pan and stir.
2. When ready (mixture forms balls when tested with fingers), put half into a greased tray and allow to set.
3. Blend cocoa with the other half and heat till it becomes creamy.
4. Spread over the first... - 27.7264
Almond Barfi is simple to make recipe. Almond Barfi gets its taste from milk mixed with sugar and almonds, flavored with cardamom seeds. Almond Barfi is inspired by many sweet shops across world. - 25.119
1. Mix sugar and mawa, put into a fry-pan and stir. Add vanilla essence.
2. When ready (mixture forms balls when tested with fingers) put into a greased tray and allow to set and cool.
3. Cut into shapes and use. - 25.0489
Dates is the chief of fruits.I had a few of it in my fridge so thought would make Khajurachi/date Barfi and share the recipe with you.Even if you eat one date burfi it would full-fill much-needed minerals and energy to help you stay fit and healthy. - 0
Barfi Recipes By Category