- » Barbados
Barbados food which consists of many exotic dishes and is known to be spicy is cooked according to the style popular across the Caribbean islands and features many unique items that are not available elsewhere in the ... More »
Barbados Beef Stew
1. Sprinkle beef cubes with flour.
2. Melt fat in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and brown well on all sides.
3. Add tomatoes, onions, salt, celery salt, and pepper.
4. Combine vinegar, molasses and water. Add to meat.
5. Cover, with... - 45.736
1. Place the fruit juices and sugar syrup into a glass jug.
2. Shake the bitters into the mixture and add the rum and slices of fresh fruit; stir thoroughly.
3. Refrigerate the mixture for 3 hours.
4. Fill a lowball glass with crushed ice and pour in... - 42.5204
1 Mix together the flour, ginger and curry powder and use to coat the turkey.
Heat the butter and fry the escalopes until golden.
Add the rum and set it alight.
When the flames die down, remove the escalopes.
2 Add the coconut to the pan and brown... - 41.866
Barbados Party Beef Stew
Sprinkle beef with the flour.
Brown in margarine in heavy saucepan; add tomatoes, onions, celery salt, salt and pepper.
Combine vinegar, molasses and water; add to meat.
Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
Add carrots, raisins and... - 39.6664
Cover raisins with rum.
Let stand for about 1 hour.
In a separate bowl, sprinkle papaya halves with lime juice.
In a third bowl, combine mayonnaise and curry powder.
Add raisins, chicken and mango.
Place papaya halves on a platter.
Spoon chicken mixture onto... - 38.7304
Barbados Baked Bananas
Peel bananas and if large ones cut in half across.
Lay side by side in a buttered ovenproof dish so that they fit fairly closely.
Sprinkle them evenly with the lemon juice, then with coconut, then with sugar and finally with the rum.
Dot remaining butter over... - 34.4604
Barbados Barbecue Sauce
1.Mix molasses with mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and ketchup.
2.Blend all the ingrediens well until smooth.
3.Serve with meat. - 30.4249
Barbados Rum Punch
Mix rum with orange juice in the proportions you like and top up with ice-cold water. Serve in tumblers with just a sprinkling of nutmeg. - 17.1786
Barbados Recipes By Category