- » Baked Southern
Baked Southern Recipes
Enjoy our collection of baked southern recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for baked southern recipes.
Betty's "to Die For" Lemon Meringue Pie
If you're looking for a delectable and dainty-looking pie dish to adorn your summer buffet table, this lemony-sweet pie adorned with soft meringue peaks will surely floor you and your guests. This flavorful lime pie is a doddle to make, as Betty shows in this... - 128.248
Southern Baked Candied Yams: How To Make The Best Candied Yams
If you are looking for some nice Southern lovin', then this is your dish. The Southern Baked Candied Sweet Potatoes is a classic side dish. It is almost a staple, when it comes to Soul Food! Yummy, I can gaurantee that this dish will make you indulge more... - 127.809
Grandma's Southern Cornbread Dressing
The flavors of the Southern Cornbread Dressing is simply undeniable. You'll love it because it is made with a lot of love. You can eat it as it is, or use it stuff a bird of your choice. Watch and learn how to make the stuffing this video! Enjoy! - 127.733
Healthy Pork Chop And Sweet Potato Casserole
A healthy twist on the traditional southern classic, this pork chop casserole recipe contains lean pork loin chops, sweet potatoes, onions and green peppers seasoned with Italian seasoning. A wonderful combination of sweet and spicy, this low-fat,... - 127.292
Spiced Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This is a savory way to enjoy sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. Chile powder, brown sugar and cayenne combined with the drizzle of honey create a spicy-sweet flavor addition to a traditional Thanksgiving player. Watch this video for the recipe details by... - 124.019
Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: How To Make Easy, Southern Sweet Potato Pie
This is quite a refreshing dessert. This video illustrates how to prepare sweet potato pie which is served with whipped cream. The flavor from the sweet potato is enhanced when seasoned with warm spices, sugar, cream and butter to make a gooey sweet pie that... - 123.689
Southern Baked Macaroni And Cheese
This southern baked macaroni and cheese is super creamy and full of soulful flavor! The smoked cheddar cheese really takes this classic, comforting dish over the top! Quick and easy enough to make on a weeknight! - 123.192
Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken
In this recipe, Chef Steven Binks shows you how to make Baked Buffalo Chicken, a lighter take on the classic fried and glazed chicken wing version. These taste like chicken wings but are super healthy. This is one of the tastiest healthy chicken wing recipes... - 121.607
Southern Style Cheesy Buttermilk Biscuits
Light and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth. This video prepares a great batch of buttermilk biscuits with cheddar cheese. Rich buttermilk biscuits baking in the oven will bring back warm memories of Southern style living. Serve them fresh from the oven and your... - 121.168
Healthier Kfc Chicken - From The Dr. Oz Show
Food hacker Todd Wilbur shows you how to make a lower-calorie/lower-fat clone of KFC Original Recipe Chicken without frying and without MSG in this clip from The Dr. Oz Show. Todd includes the 11 secret herbs and spices he discovered on his CMT show, "Top... - 119.85
Southern Style Baked Okra And Cherry Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In the bottom of a cast iron skillet or 8-9” baking dish drizzle a little of the olive oil.
3. Add okra, tomatoes, garlic and dill.
4. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and crushed red chili... - 117.385
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Want a restaurant quality food to carry for picnic or tailgating or even carry them to your backyard during summer? Scott is showing a delicious Southern Pulled Pork Sandwich which he had developed from one restaurants in Louisiana which serves delicious... - 116.8
Low-fat Country Style Strata
Rare is the meal that's delicious for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner; Rarer still is the delicious any time meal that's also healthy! Here is a country strata, the low-calorie way! Chef Binks shows you a super easy, low-fat strata recipe that’s a snap to make... - 113.616
Oven-fried Honey Chicken Fingers
Who doesn’t like chicken fingers? Kids love them, adults love them! Chef Binks finds a way to make the southern favorite without it spiking your blood sugar level and without going into the deep fat fryer and making an ungodly mess! Chicken tenders are... - 113.06
Bacon Wrapped Baked Jalapeno Poppers Stuffed With Cream Cheese
These are the prettiest jalapeno poppers you have ever seen. Not only are these beauties wrapped in bacon and baked instead of being fried, they have a surprise element as well. And they’re as simple as it gets; cream cheese-stuffed jalapenos topped with... - 112.945
Southern Sweet Potato Casserole
A fine casserole for the holiday season. This video shows how to prepare sweet potato casserole with a crunchy pecan topping. Baked to perfection, this creamy dish will surely turn out to be a tradition every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Try it...yummmmy. - 112.104
Culinary Carrie: Peach Cobbler
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the peaches and keep it aside.
3. Melt the stick of butter in a glass baking dish.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon powder and baking powder.
5. Combine milk and... - 111.991
To make the bland cornbread come back to life, you can make this easy southern dressing containing mushrooms, leeks and broth. The best thing is that this delicious dressing is low calorie and very popular in America. For food lovers, this unusual dressing... - 110.162
Traditional Sweet Potato Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together mashed cooked sweet potatoes, light brown sugar, milk, well-beaten eggs, salt, and ground cinnamon. Beat well, until completely blended.
3. Pour into unbaked pie... - 109.624
Authentic Southern Style Chess Pie
Chess pie can be described as anything but mouth-wateringly marvelous. In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make this Southern style pie. This sugary dessert is a doddle to make if you master a few techniques. Stream the video recipe to get learning more... - 108.418
When you are having family and friends over for one of the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years or Easter, be more creative and serve this casserole dish rather than passing a bowl of corn around the table. This cornbread casserole is rich creamy,... - 107.201
Betty's Best Southern Raised Biscuits--in Time For Easter! ☼
Do you what is a cross between a dinner roll and usual biscuit. Well, it is Easter soft biscuit….if you have never heard of it, watch the video here where Betty tells us how to make soft and creamy biscuits for Easter. So, get set go… - 106.87
In The Kitchen With Ken - Southern Golumpki
These Stuffed Collard Greens are stuffed with flavorful pulled pork meat and some barbecue sauce! Ken uses is own twist to this recipe and make this wonderful. See the video for more! - 106.286
Pecan And Marshmallow Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
If you want to be praised and heralded for bringing the best dish at Thanksgiving, then make this casserole. Sweet potato, demarara sugar, pecans and marshmallows now that is a combination that can’t go wrong. Even those who dislike sweet potatoes will... - 105.835
Saturday Chefs - Cornbread Stuffing
Are you looking forward to make a stuffing for your Thanksgiving turkey? Here is a fantastic video that would make your heart beat faster. The video shares a super simple spicy cornbread and bacon stuffing recipe. Watch the video and try out this recipe for a... - 105.725
Food Love: Vegan Mac & Cheese
If your kids relish mac and cheese, watch this video to learn how to make it. Delicious and appetizing cheese sauce is combined here with seasoning and poured over the macaroni and then baked until the cheese melts….. - 105.643
Southern Style Sweet Potato Bake
A traditional dish that is sometimes served with a Thanksgiving meal. This is made with canned Yams, but you can use fresh sweet potatoes - 104.677
Low Carb Tuna Pasta Casserole
This is not a so called “healthy” tuna casserole. This is a healthy, low carb and low sodium comfort food. So next time you feel like eating casserole but worry too much about the calories follow this recipe. Sometimes you just need homey comfort food. - 103.227
Healthy Breakfast Egg And Sausage Casserole
This is a healthy makeover of the classic egg casserole. This is definitely lighter, healthier, but just as tasty. Chef Binks shows you how to make a hearty egg and sausage casserole in under 30 minutes, one of the best healthy casserole recipes to. Begin... - 102.496
Healthy Shrimp Cakes
A healthier and cheaper makeover of Crab cakes, these low-fat shrimp patties are a nice new twist on the classic old favorite. It makes a delicious and elegant dinner in no time-with ingredients from the pantry. If you love seafood, if the very thought of... - 100.594
Perfect Southern Spoonbread
Basically deemed as a cross between corn bread and soufflé, this delightful pud like dish can make for an indulgent side. In this video, Betty reveals how to make perfect Southern style spoonbread without much toil. It’s so good that you can’t stop... - 95.4324
Southern Style Creamy Corn Pudding
Savor the flavors of south with this creamy corn pudding! Betty puts a seasonal spin on this classic Southern delicacy that is sure to be a winner down-home. This recipe is so good that you won't be able to resist the seconds. Stream the video recipe and get... - 91.8842
Solar Baked Bananas With Coconut Flakes
1. Assemble a solar cooker.
2. Mix in lemon juice and butter in the stoneware bowl of the solar cooker.
3. Peel the banana and roll it in the butter mixture.
4. Add the cinnamon and the brown sugar and mix in well.
5. Place it in the... - 89.9499
Weber Grilled Bacon Baked Potatoes And Kielbasa Sausages
For those who have fired up their grills for the Thanksgiving dinner, here are a few side dishes for the feast. The pit boys on Smokey Goodness are making bacon wrapped and bacon fat roasted potatoes and Kielbasa sausage! This video is not meant for those... - 83.7755
Homemade Biscuits Southern Style
Want to learn a super tasty homemade biscuits recipe? Watch this chef prepare these amazing Homemade Biscuits Southern Style now. Surprise your family with this delicious recipe today. - 82.06
Southern Biscuits With Sausage Gravy
If you have never tried Southern biscuits with Sausage gravy, you should be watching this video. Scott is making this recipe as it he received maximum number of requests for this particular recipe. It is a dish with two simple dishes, biscuits and sausage... - 81.2101
Healthy Southern Feast
Southern food is delicious but at the same time it is fattening. This video shows the traditional southern recipes with a healthy twist. Watch this video now and treat your family to these scrumptious dishes without the extra calories. - 73.3847
South Of The Border Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
3. Place 2/3 of the noodles in casserole.
4. Brown onion and beef in skillet in oil over medium heat; drain excess fat.
5. Stir in flour,... - 48.9495
Southern Chocolate Pecan Pie
Melt chocolate with butter in saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
Stir in coffee.
Remove from heat.
Combine sugar and syrup in saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Reduce heat and boil gently... - 47.3797
Baked Fresh Ham Southern Style
Put meat in kettle and cover with boiling water.
Add next 4 ingredients.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 2 hours.
Cool in the broth and refrigerate overnight.
Remove rind from ham.
Mix mustard and horseradish, and rub on fat.
Insert garlic in the... - 47.3784
Southern Chicken Pies
1. Preheat the oven to 425°
2. In a large saucepan, heat the sausages and brown them. Drain the sausages on a paper towel.
3. In the same pan, place the Crisco and heat till melted. Blend in the 1/3 cup flour, the 1/4 teaspoon salt,... - 46.8962
Southern Fried Chicken With Dixie Gravy
This Southern Fried Chicken With Dixie Gravy is simply irresistible ! My pasta dishes taste yummy with this ! You can try them breads or rice too ! Just try out Southern Fried Chicken With Dixie Gravy and let me know if your views about this dish ! - 46.7144
Southern Chicken Pies
Southern Chicken Pies has an Inimitable taste. The pork sausage and chicken broth gives the Southern Chicken Pies Astounding taste. must catch it - 46.5084
Southern Nut Pie
The Southern Nut Pie is an addictive dessert that I have loved sine my childhood! Try this brilliant Southern Nut Pie recipe handed down from my mother! I am sure you will like it! - 46.4898
Southern Cream Apple Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a blender, place together flour salt and Crisco.
3) Blend the flour spoon as little waster as possible until the mixture hold together.
4) Lightly flour the board or pastry cloth.
5) Roll out the flour... - 46.2796
Southern Sweet Potato Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a 4-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, add boiling salted water in small amount and sweet potatoes, cover and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or till sweet potatoes turn tender.
3. Take a large bowl and... - 46.2418
Southern Sweet Potato Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2. In large frying pan, heat oil to medium temperature and cook chicken turning for about 10 minutes such that lightly browned.
3. On paper towels drain chicken and place in 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
4. In a... - 46.23
Jalapeno Southern Fried Chicken
1. Mix buttermilk with garlic and half of the minced jalapeno pepper.
2. Take a bowl, put chicken pieces in it and drizzle the buttermilk mixture on it.
3. Put the lid on and refrigerate the bowl for 11/2 – 2 hours.
4. Take a medium... - 45.81
Southern Raised Biscuits
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3) Dissolve the yeast in the slightly warmed buttermilk.
4) Combine the dry ingredients and oil with the dissolved yeast in the buttermilk, stirring lightly and quickly... - 45.6528
Southern Style Turkey Scallops
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Trim off excess fat using a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors.
3. Carefully slice the breasts into serving size pieces.
4. Place each between sheets of wax paper and pound thin using a mallet or meat... - 45.3738
Southern Style Cornbread
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into a 10 1/2-inch cast-iron skillet or into a 9 X 11-inch ovenproof glass casserole dish.
In a bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, powdered milk, salt, baking powder and sugar.
In another bowl,... - 45.3378
Southern Honey Cake
Combine sugar, eggs, oil and honey; blend thor- oughly.
Beat mixture until thick.
Combine dry ingre- dients; sift 3 times.
Combine pineapple juice and 1 /4 cup water; bring to boil.
Stir in soda.
Add juice mix- ture alternately with dry ingredients to egg... - 45.32
Southern Sweet Corn Pudding
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Lightly spray a 3-quart casserole with no-stick spray.
Set the casserole aside.
In a blender of food processor, pulse blend or process one of the cans of corn (with juices) and the buttermilk until creamy but slightly lumpy (the... - 45.1453
Southern Oysters Rockefeller
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) Use 2 (12-inch) pizza plates or pie pans to sprinkle with rock salt as a thin layer.
3) In a pan, add butter to melt.
4) Place scallions and celery to sauté until soft.
5) Add spinach, parsley, garlic... - 45.0963
Southern Strawberry Stack
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) Butter the backs of 2 layer-cake pans of 9x1 ½-inches.
3) Into a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the brown sugar and stir well.
4) Use a pastry blender... - 45.0588
Southern Style Chicken And Greens
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE salt, paprika and pepper in small bowl.
Sprinkle meaty side of chicken pieces with salt mixture; set aside.
PLACE bacon in ovenproof Dutch oven; cook over medium heat until crisp.
Drain on paper towels.
Reserve bacon fat.
Heat... - 44.8648
Southern Shortcake is a delicious biscuit topped with cream and strawberries. Try this Mexican dessert and your joy will know no bounds once you bite into it. So what do you think about this Southern Shortcake ? - 44.8131
Southern Praline Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with fat or oil.
3. Into a bowl add stiffly beaten egg white and stir brown sugar into it.
4. Mix well adding the remaining ingredients.
5. Onto a greased baking sheet, drop from a... - 44.5249
Southern Garden Stuffed Yellow Squash
1 Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2 Thoroughly wash the squash.
3 In a pan, put the squash and add water, just enough to cover.
4 Bring to a boil.
5 Cover and lower the heat.
6 Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but still... - 44.5053
Southern Lamb Shank Dinner
Heat oven to 350°.
Mix flour, 1 tsp salt, and the pepper; rub shanks with flour mixture.
Brown meat well in hot shortening in Dutch oven.
Drain off excess fat.
Brush meat with Barbecue Sauce.
Add water to pan.
Cover and bake 1 hr.
Brush meat with sauce... - 44.4138
Southern Style Hash
Put green peppers, onions and celery in a stew pot.
Cook slowly 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Cook pork in butter until lightly brown.
Mix noodles with grated cheese.
Add to vegetables.
Add ground pork.
Season highly with salt and... - 44.3895
Southern Cheese Stuffed Eggplant
Southern Cheese Stuffed Eggplants are baked eggplants sprinkled with a mixture of seasoned breadcrumbs and cheese that makes Southern Cheese Stuffed Eggplant an appetizing entrÃ©e. If you're looking for a straight-forward method of preparation but also... - 44.3718
Southern Style Fiesta Rice
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole.
3 In a skillet, melt butter and saute onions, celery, and green pepper until tender.
4 Blend in the next 7 ingredients in the skillet.
5 Transfer the mixture... - 44.1218
Southern Sausage Casserole
Brown sausage in heavy skillet; add all vegetables except beans.
Brown vegetables lightly; drain off excess fat.
Season wii:h 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Combine tomato paste and 3/4 cup water; add to sausage mixture.
Add beans; mix well.
Cover; simmer for 10... - 43.8982
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Preheat oven to 400°.
Wrap potatoes in foil; bake for 1 hour, or until done.
When done, remove from foil; place in a large mixing bowl.
Chop into pieces; add milk, butter, and sour cream.
Blend with a mixer.
Add 1/2 cup cheese, green onions, bacon, and... - 43.8738
Southern Style Orange Flan
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 In a heavy skillet, sprinkle 3/4 cup sugar evenly.
3 Place the skillet over low heat.
4 Caramelize the sugar, stirring often until the sugar melts and is light golden brown in color.
5 Among... - 43.8226
Southern Meat Loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl combine the first 10 ingredients along with 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce and gently mold into a loaf.
3. Into a bowl pour the tomato sauce from the can and add the same amount of water using the can... - 43.6086
Southern Pork And Yam Bake
Southern Pork And Yam Bake is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious Southern Pork And Yam Bake recipe; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 43.4153
Southern Spice Cookies
Sift flour and measure.
Add spices and sift again.
Cream the butter, add sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
Add the egg yolk, flour mixture, milk, and ground nuts.
Shape into small balls and roll each in cereal.
Place 3 inches apart on a... - 43.4056
Southern Peanut Loaf
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, add all ingredients except tomato sauce and mix thoroughly.
3) In a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan, pour the mixture.
4) Place inside oven to bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
5) Slice the... - 43.3651
Southern Style Cornbread Skillet Casserole
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2 Grease a 10 1/2-inch cast-iron skillet.
3 In a bowl, add the first 7 ingredients.
4 Keep aside.
5 In a skillet, cook the ground beef until browned.
6 Drain well, and set aside.
7 In the... - 43.307
Southern Lemon Chicken
Combine chicken pieces and lemon juice in a bowl just large enough to hold them comfortably.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
Drain chicken thoroughly and pat dry.
Fill a plastic bag with flour, salt, paprika and black... - 43.0643
Southern Dried Fruit Compote
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place fruit in a colander and rinse fruit under tap water.
3. Place the fruit in a 2 quart casserole or baking dish and cover it with boiling water.
4. Cover dish with a lid or with wax paper.
5. Bake... - 42.9105
Southern Stuffed Eggplant
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
Scoop out pulp leaving outer shell intact.
Dice the scooped-out eggplant.
In 2-quart casserole, combine diced eggplant and water.
Microwave at HIGH (10) 6 to 8 minutes; stir after 3 minutes.
Saute onion and... - 42.8305
Baked Beans Southern Style
Cover beans with water, bring to boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
Add next 5 ingredients and cook until beans are tender.
Drain, reserving liquid.
To 2 cups liquid (or water) add remaining ingredients, except sugar.
Put beans in... - 42.6079
Southern Onion Casserole
Southern Onion Casserole is a unique vegetable dish. Surprise your vegan guests with this great Southern Onion Casserole dish. I am sure they will love it. - 42.4419
Southern Sour Cream Cookies
Work the shortening with a spoon until fluffy and creamy.
Gradually add 2/3 c sugar while continuing to work with a spoon until light.
Add the egg, and mix well.
Sift the soda, flour, baking powder, and salt together, and add alternately with the sour... - 42.3194
Southern Potato Rolls
Dissolve yeast in 1 1/2 cups warm water in a large bowl, stir in sugar and salt.
Let stand 5 minutes.
Add 2 eggs, butter, mashed potatoes, and 3 cups flour, beat at medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining... - 41.8872
Southern Peanut Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Combine together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt. Stir well to mix thoroughly.
3) Pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
4) Bake in the... - 41.5697
Southern Brunch Souffle With Chives
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cut a piece of aluminum foil long enough to fit around a 2-quart souffle dish, allowing a 1-inch overlap; fold foil lengthwise into thirds.
Lightly coat one side of foil and bottom of dish with cooking spray.
Wrap foil around outside... - 41.4252
Southern Yam Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the yams, milk, orange juice, orange peel, nutmeg and fructose. Mix well.
3) To this, add the beaten eggs. Mix again.
4) Into a casserole, transfer the mixture.
5) Bake,... - 41.3621
Southern Fried Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Take a bowl, place chicken and pour in milk. Keep aside till used.
3. Take a large plastic bag, add flour along with spices, a little salt and generous amounts of pepper and keep aside.
4.... - 41.2307
Southern Peach Shortcake
Place peaches in bottom of well greased 8 in. (20 cm) baking dish.
Sprinkle with 1 T. (15 mL) of the sugar replacement, the almond extract and cinnamon.
Combine flour, remaining 1 T. (15 mL) sugar replacement, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
Add... - 41.2146
Southern Pork And Yam Bake
Trim fat from pork chops to about 1/8 inch thickness.
Brown richly on both sides in hot bacon dripping and set aside.
Peel and slice yams thinly as you would for scalloped potatoes.
Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
Layer yam slices, pineapple and pork chops... - 40.9382
Southern Spoon Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a large bowl, add cornmeal, pour boiling water over it and stirring continuously, boil for 5 minutes. Take off from heat and mix in milk, butter and salt and blend well.
3. Beat eggs thoroughly and add... - 40.7983
Southern Lane Cake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add vanilla.
Beat in flour mixture and milk alternately.
Fold egg whites into batter gently.
Grease bottoms of four 9-inch layer pans; line... - 40.569
Southern Irish Potato Box Biscuit
Cook and mash the Irish potatoes fine.
Add melted lard, butter, sugar, and salt.
Add milk which has been scalded and dissolved yeast.
Add the 1 whole egg beaten with the 1 extra yolk; fold in the flour.
Knead and place in a large greased bowl to rise.
When... - 40.4457
Southern Eggs And Biscuits
Place eggs in the bottom of a greased 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in.baking dish.
In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
Drain, discarding all but 1/4 cup drippings.
Sprinkle bacon over eggs.
Stir flour, salt and pepper into reserved drippings; cook until... - 40.2914
Southern Cracklin' Cornbread
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix cornmeal, soda and salt.
3. Put eggs and buttermilk and stir well.
4. Take a 13x9x2inch baking pan and heat bacon drippings in it.
5. Once hot, pour the drippings and cracklings in the batter... - 40.0614
Southern Banana Pudding
Combine pudding mix, milk and egg yolks in medium saucepan; blend well.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil; set aside.
Arrange layer of vanilla wafers in bottom of 2-quart baking dish.
Place a layer of banana slices over wafers... - 39.798
Southern Cornmeal Muffins
Southern cornmeal muffins are great to serve at the snack time and kids love them. They are not too sweet or savoury. Southern cornmeal muffins are a nice variation to the regular sweet muffins. - 39.7417
Southern Baked Ham
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Clean ham with damp paper towels.
3) Take a shallow roasting pan lined with foil and put ham with fat side up in it.
3) Bake it uncovered for 2 hours.
4) Take a small bowl, and mix together brown... - 39.7226
Southern Plum Roll
Combine biscuit mix and 2 tablespoons sugar; moisten with enough milk to form a stiff dough.
Roll into oblong shape on slightly floured board; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
Drain plums, re- serving juice; remove seeds.
Press through food mill.
Spread... - 39.5515
Southern Boston Baked Beans
Wash beans; soak in lukewarm water overnight.
In the morning parboil the beans.
In the very last stages of parboiling, add the soda.
Rinse in cold water, drain.
Prepare a heavy stone bean jar.
In the bottom place
Add beans, cover with water, and cover... - 39.3144
Southern Baked Beans
Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven.
Cover with water 2 inches above beans; let soak 8 hours.
Cover beans with water, and add salt; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours; drain if necessary.
Place beans in a greased 2 1/2... - 39.2651