- » Baked Mediterranean Vegetarian
Baked Mediterranean Vegetarian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of baked mediterranean vegetarian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for baked mediterranean vegetarian recipes.
Baklava Rolls - Ramadan
To all those people who are craving for something sweet should definitely try this out. Baklava and coffee is a good combination. A variety of fillings are used but the chef has used nuts and dry fruits. Watch the video for the recipe of this amazing dess - 135.33
1. FILLING: In a food mixer put the pistachios, white sugar, and ground cinnamon and pulse to chop (Keep the pistachios into small chunks to get a crunchy texture in the baklawa).
2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees... - 125.731
Coca - Roast Vegetable Tart
A one minute recipe, in English to prepare a steady mediterranean plate. Mallorca's Coca de Trampó. From our "picknic & enjoy" collection from "see & enjoy" series of upscale how to lifestyles programs. - 124.577
Best Pita Bread
Pita is a round pocket bread widely consumed in many Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Balkan cuisines. It is prevalent from the Balkans through Turkey, the Levant and the Arabian Peninsula. The "pocket" in pita bread is created by steam, which puffs up the... - 120.052
Best Pita Bread
Pita is a round pocket bread widely consumed in many Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Balkan cuisines. It is prevalent from the Balkans through Turkey, the Levant and the Arabian Peninsula. The "pocket" in pita bread is created by steam, which puffs up the... - 120.028
Sfouf Eggless Cake
This is a nice dense yellow cake, that is flavored with turmeric which also gives it it's beautiful yellow color. This cake is very simple to make and very moist. There is no special technique so it's basic enough for anyone to make. This cake goes great with... - 117.889
Another great Staple! There are more than sixty types of flat breads worldwide, pita bread is one of the oldest. Check out this delicious fast cheap and easy chip. - 114.787
Would you like to surprise your friends with a quick and easy flavorful recipe? Here is a fantastic video that is just perfect for you. The chef here makes appetizers using hummus that are great for parties, get-togethers or any other occasion. The appetizers... - 113.398
This delicious cake, also known as hareesa or revani, is made from semolina soaked in syrup. This lower-fat version is perfect for Iftar! - 110.407
Pita Bread And Pockets
1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients -plain flour, whole wheat flour, instant rapid rise yeast, salt and sugar.
3. Add the olive oil into the water and mix well
4. Add into the dry mixture and mix.
5. Sprinkle... - 103.331
Vegetarian Potato Kibbeh
1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bulgur, 2 tablespoon flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and kibbeh seasoning.
2. Knead the mixture, mashing the potatoes and combining the ingredients into dough. Use your fist to mash and knead. If the dough... - 100.477
Homemade Baklava Part 1 - Preparation
For everyone who thought cooking Baklava at home is a tough task, this video series is a must watch. The video is in 2 parts - In this video the chef introduces the ingredients and equipment that would be required to make this Turkish sweet in an easy manner.... - 78.7223
Homemade Baklava Part 2 - Making
Here is Part 2 of the Homemade Baklava series, where the chef talks about preparing the dish. The video is very impressive and nicely presented, the video could have been better if it had maintained a flow. - 77.708
Making Of Instant Pita Chips & Spreads Or Other Dips
Need a last minute recipe for your kitty party? Serve crispy pita chips with delicious hummus. Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to whomp up crispy, tasty pita chips at home and team it up with tasty hummus. Easy to make and tantalizing to the taste buds, this... - 77.4921
How To Make Pita Bread
Pita Bread is an Italian delicacy you have fondly relished at restaurants. Now you can learn to make it in easy steps too. Bhal Dave sums each process in an articulate manner. Now you can treat your guests with Pita Bread along with accompaniments as a quick... - 74.2271
Tasty Eggplant Dip
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) On a baking pan or dish place the eggplant. With a knife, pierce it a few times.
3) Bake for about 30 minutes until soft.
4) Take off from oven and let cool.
5) Gently peel out the skin once cooled... - 50.1189
Cranberry Crumble Squares
1) Take a bowl in it combine butter,sugar and vanilla and whisk all together until fluffy.
2) Mix flour,almonds,cinnamon to the mixture and thoroughly mix to make a loose crumbly dough.
3)Preheat the oven to the desired temperature.
3)... - 49.9399
Sweet Potato Salmon Dish
This recipe is a meal in itself..once served on your plate you could add raw nuts of your choice on top and that would be awesome! Very quick and easy to put together, add your favorite vegetables to this dish...make it your own and make it often. - 49.4626
Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) In a large pot add stock or water and bring to boil.
3) Mix rice and salt.
4) Decrease heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 45 minutes..
5) Cook until the water evaporates.
6) With a... - 49.4122
1) In a bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
2) In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients properly.
3) Add the dry ingredients by sifting into the wet mixture. Stir well but not overbeat.
4) Use an 8 inches pan... - 49.0003
Parmesan & Herb Stuffed Eggplant
1) Half the eggplant lengthwise and scoop put the pulp. Dice it.
2) Keep the shells aside.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
4) In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil.
5) Add the onions and sautÃ© for about 5... - 48.8142
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 300Â°F (150Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar, oats, flour, salt, baking soda together.
3) Take a pan of dimensions 8-inch x 10-inch (20-centimeter x 25-centimeter) and butter it... - 48.7441
Leek Celery And Cheese Pie
1) Chop and thoroughly wash celery and leeks .
2) Take a pan and add celery, leeks, milk, salt, and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer the mixture for about 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
3) Drain mixture and reserve the cooking... - 48.6595
Hot Stuffed Mushrooms
1.Remove the stalks of large mushrooms and steam the caps for 3-4 minutes until soft.
2.Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180 degrees.
3.Take a shallow heatproof dish, put the mushroom caps in it by placing the rounded side down.
4.Take a... - 48.6433
Super Veggie And Salmon Lasagna
Healthy and delicious Lasagna recipe made with Salmon & Veggie ( courgettes, aubergines, carrots, onion, tomatoes, peper) . - 48.6321
Old World Cabbage Rolls
1) In a large pot, boil water.
2) In the water, drop the whole head of cabbage for 3-5 minutes and then drain off the water.
3) Peel off the cabbage's leaves carefully and set them aside.
4) Grate the carrot... - 48.5134
Remove the stalks from the aubergines and cut in half lengthwise.
Plunge into boiling water with a little lemon juice or vinegar added and cook for 10 minutes, or until just tender.
Plunge into cold water until quite cold.
Scoop out the flesh leaving a good... - 47.6607
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar and butter creaming them together until they turn fluffy and light.
3) Add the egg to it, beating well.
4) Add the raisins, vanilla... - 47.5894
Fresh Apricot Cobbler
1. Grease an 8-inch square tin with the. Keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F
3. In a large bowl, flour, granulated sugar, dry milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
4. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles... - 47.5201
1) Preheat oven to 425°F.
2) On a baking sheet arrange pita rounds with cut side up.
3) Spread 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce evenly on top of each one.
4) Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of mozzarella over the tomato sauce.
5) Add any optional... - 47.1957
1) Properly wash the peppers, slice off their tops and clean out the centers.
2) Shred the carrots and cut the tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
3) In a frying pan, melt the butter and then add the... - 47.1429
Mediterranean Vegetarian Lasagna
For the sauce, saute onion in olive oil until soft.
Add garlic and celery and saute 3 more minutes.
Add tomatoes and simmer until very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
Add Sauvignon Blanc, stock, basil, oregano, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, and sugar.
Add salt and... - 47.0248
1. Thaw pastry.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F
3. Grease a large baking sheet with oil or butter.
4. In a saucepan, combine ingredients for syrup. Stir till sugar dissolves.
5. Boil for 20 minutes on low flame till syrupy.
6. Set aside... - 46.7449
How To Make A Spinach Pie
This pie is a great vegetarian meal! Serve it with garden salad and you are set! If you don’t want to eat vegetarian go ahead and serve it a side with milanesas or breaded chicken. Yummy! - 46.7199
Lenten Special Sweet
1. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. Then add the orange flower water, vanilla and enough water to form a stiff paste.
3. Take a baking tray, grease it and dust with flour.
4. Breaking off large pieces of dough, form into sausage... - 46.4394
1. Scrub potatoes and cook with their skins on until parboiled, about 10 minutes depending on size. Peel.
2. Cook the onions and oil in a large saucepan until soft but not browned.
3. Wash and shred the cabbage, add to the onion with the salt, pepper and... - 46.1168
Warm the mixing bowl before sifting in the flour and then stir in the dry yeast.
Make a well in the centre and stir in the sugar, lemon rind, egg, melted butter and the milk.
Knead well, adding a little extra liquid or flour as required to make a smooth but... - 46.0987
Heat some of the oil in 2 large frying pans and fry the aubergine slices in batches until golden.
Add a little more oil to the pans, and fry the onions until soft.
Add the meat and garlic and fry briskly, stirring, for 10 minutes.
Drain off excess... - 46.0942
1. Line the bottom of a tube pan, angel food pan or bundt pan with baking paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F
3. Into a large basin, sift together, the flour and baking powder, 3-4 times, using a fine mesh sieve. Keep aside.
4. Lightly dust... - 45.9887
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray, oil or unsalted butter.
3) Use a large, clean and grease free glass bowl.
4) Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
5) Gradually add the beaten eggs... - 45.8469
1) Wash the bell peppers and cut them into halves.
2) Remove the seeds and keep the bell peppers aside.
3) Take oil in a saucepan and heat it.
4) Put onions and eggplant cubes. Cook for 5 minutes.
5) Put rice, water and salt.
6) Cover... - 45.7397
Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves
1) The oven is heated to 350 degrees C.
2) The vine leaves are rinsed with hot water and drained well.
3) The leaves are patted dry.
4) They are placed on linen towels, with the shiny side facing down.
5) Olive oil is warmed in a... - 45.667
Apricot Treacle Tart
1) Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5 before baking.
2) For the pastry, sift flour into a bowl and rub in margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3) Keep the pastry in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
4) Even out the pastry... - 45.3379
Baked Imam Bayildi
Imam Bayeldi is an amazing stufed eggplant dish which you really have to try at home. I served it at my restaurant opening last week and the guests loved it. Try this Imam Bayeldi and you will understand why. - 45.279
1)Sift together flour and salt.
2) Add 3 tablespoons of butter and crumble the flour with fingers.
3)Pour in water and knead for 5 minutes to a smooth ball.
4)Make the dough very dry by continuous kneading with the fingers.
5)Place this... - 45.2775
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Oil a baking sheet.
3) Make cut on each eggplant on the cut side,
sprinkle some salt and rest it for 1 hour,
later give a quick wash and dry it using paper towels.
... - 44.9544
Make the syrup first by boiling the sugar and water together.
When it's reached the boiling point, simmer together until it is a medium consistency.
Stir in the rose water and allow to cool.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the nuts, icing sugar and... - 44.8325
Stir sugar into warm water in bowl until dissolved.
Stir in yeast.
Let stand for 6 minutes.
Stir in 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt.
Add 4 cups all-purpose flour, mixing to form dough.
Knead for 4 minutes on floured surface, kneading in... - 44.5894
1. Grease a 2 quart baking dish or pudding mold with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
4. Stir sugar into the milk and add too the flour gradually, blending into... - 44.5391
Best Ever Fruit Crumble
1. Trim and slice the rhubarbs into chunks; peel, core and slice the plums and apples and place in a shallow, oven proof dish
2. Sprinkle lemon zest and juice, add about fifty grams of sugar if too tart; meanwhile, heat the oven to 170C/fan... - 43.8955
Baked Rice With Herbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place butter in ovenproof baking dish with lid.
Heat butter and saute green onion until golden.
Add parsley, thyme, and sage.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add rice.
Pour 2-1/2 cups water over rice and then stir in garlic... - 43.7106
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in sufficient water, overnight.
2. Add the soaked chickpeas to a food processor or blender and pulse to a smooth paste, adding cold water if required. Empty paste into a bowl and keep aside... - 43.7095
Cream Filled Banana Cake
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line the bottom of a 9x9x2-inch cake pan with waxed paper.
Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
In mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar well.
Add eggs and vanilla.
Combine soured milk and bananas.
Add sifted dry... - 43.5444
Sherried Fruit Casserole
1) Take the pineapple slices and the apple rings and cut them in half.
2) Take a casserole that can hold 2 quarts and arrange the fruits in layers before setting it aside.
3) Take a heavy saucepan and melt butter in it over low heat.
4)... - 43.4936
Baked Bananas In Phyllo
1. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2. Greases a clean work surface with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Place a sheet of phyllo dough and unroll it.
4. Grease the surface of phyllo dough sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Top with a second sheet of... - 43.3728
1. In a large mixing bowl, activate the yeast by dissolving it with the sugar in 3 tablespoons of warm water. Allow the yeast starter to stand for 10 minutes till it is frothy.
2. Grease a baking sheet with oil or baking spray.
3. Preheat the... - 43.1824
Stuffed Green Peppers
Choose peppers that will stand upright if possible.
Cut off tops carefully and remove seeds and membranes.
Combine all other ingredients except oil and water, and stuff.
Arrange peppers in casserole with oil and 1/2 cup water.
Any leftover stuffing may be... - 43.1198
Mediterranean Spinach Lasagna
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Drain and set aside.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add mushrooms, carrot, and onion; saute 5 minutes.
Remove vegetable mixture from... - 42.7744
Bean And Tamari Enchiladas
1. In a blender, process the beans over low speed until smooth
2. In a skillet, steam stir the onions and garlic in a litlle waetr till they begin to turn brown; add spices, tamari, lemon juice and beans
3. Heat water in a small skillet and dip the... - 42.3999
Turkish Fig Pastries
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the walnuts, figs, honey, lemon zest and cinnamon together, keep aside.
3) Remove the phyllo pastry, place on a dish towel, then cover with a waxed paper and a slightly dampened dish... - 41.9141
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash Zucchini well.
3. Chop the ends.
4. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook zucchini for 7 minutes.
5. Remove zucchini from water and lengthwise cut into half.
6. Using a spoon, scrape... - 41.0996
Gooseberry And Elderflower Crumble
Set the oven at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
Top and tail the gooseberries.
They may well need rinsing under a running tap too.
Use a little of the butter to rub the dish - a 1.2 1/2 pint pudding basin or similar - then add the gooseberries.
Pour over the... - 40.8246
1) Wash the spinach in cold running water. Keep it aside.
2) Use a large sauté pan to heat up and place the spinach without adding any water.
3) Cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until the spinach gets wilted.
4) Strain excess... - 40.7847
Dried Fruit Crumble
Soak the fruit tor 1 hour in enough water to cover, then drain.
Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Add the fruit and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
Add the almonds and place the mixture in an ovenproof... - 40.0768
Date And Nut Confectionery
1. Grease a baking dish with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the dates and walnuts, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
5. Add the beaten and stiff egg whites to the... - 39.8587
Warm Mediterranean Eggplant Dip With Herbed Pita Crisps
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. Spread the eggplant slices on a baking sheet and drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil on top. Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then chop finely and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, using a sharp... - 39.8206
Cut each pita in half to form 2 pockets.
Then carefully separate each pocket into 2 semicircles by cutting open the closed edge.
In a cup, combine the oil, sprinkles, oregano, pepper and chili powder.
Lightly brush the interior side of each pita with the... - 39.7614
Beets In Orange Lemon Sauce
1. In a saucepan combine cornstarch and sugar.
2. Gradually stir in the fruit juices until corn flour and sugar dissolve.
3. Place the pan on a low flame and heat the sauce, stirring continuously until it thickens to resemble a glaze.
4. Stir in the... - 39.6819
1) In a bowl, combine yeast and lukewarm water to dissolve. Keep it aside for 10 minutes or until it becomes bubbly.
2) Place 1 cup of flour to this by sprinkling with salt. Stir well and slowly add rest of the flour to prepare spongy dough.
3)... - 39.323
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6
2.Roll the pastry out and cut it into four rectangles; with a sharp knife, score a centimeterlong edge on each rectangle carefully and place it on the baking sheet
3. Spread a tablespoon of... - 38.0643
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375 degrees.
2) In a saucepan heat soybean oil. Add bulgur wheat and brown stirring constantly.
3) Mix consomme, salt and onions thoroughly.
4) Transfer into a 2-quart baking dish.
5) Bake covered for 40... - 37.9526
Plum Crumble Slice
1. Roll out the pastry and line a cake tin, with its dimension as 7"X11"X1", with it
2. Take a bowl and blend together the flour, oats and brown sugar in it
3. Melt butter in a saucepan, pour it over the flour and oats mixture and spread it using a... - 37.0097
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) First prepare the fruit and then add sugar or honey to taste. Place in an ovenproof dish which has a lid and cook in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or till the fruit is soft and... - 36.6344
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Cook the peaches for about 2 minutes in a pot of boiling water and a little sugar. Drain, cool and slice into two halves.
3) In a bowl, mix margarine into the flour to form a crumbled mixture.
4) Add in sugar... - 35.734
Whole Wheat Lavash
Heat margarine and water until melted.
Add all other ingredients and mix well, finishing off by kneading dough for one minute.
Pinch off walnut-sized balls and roll thin.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375° for 10-12 minutes, turning once to brown evenly. - 35.3744
Seb Ka Crumble
Sieve flour and baking powder together.
Add half the sugar and butter to make a breadcrumb-like mixture.
Keep turning the mixture with your fingers to obtain granules.
Peel and core the apples.
Slice and cook with the remaining sugar and the nutmeg... - 34.9613
Peach And Red Fruits Crumble
Preheat the oven to 240°C.
Peel and remove the nut from the peaches and cut them into half moon slices.
Clean all the red fruits.
Put them in a gratin mould.
Mix the flour with the almonds and sugar.
Cut the butter into knobs and add to the flour... - 34.9018
Prune Crumble Pudding
Put prunes in greased 1-quart shallow baking dish.
Add lemon juice and prune liquid.
Work remaining ingredients together to consistency of fine crumbs; sprinkle over prunes.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (375°F.) for about 20 minutes.
Serve warm with milk. - 34.854
1. Place oregano and oil in a bowl. Add eggplant, zucchini, onions and peppers, toss to coat. Cover and stand 30-60 minutes.
2. To make focaccia, dissolve yeast with 1/2 cup lukewarm water and sugar. Combine flour and salt, place in a food processor and add... - 34.6535
Crunchy Gooseberry Crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Place the gooseberries in a pan with the caster sugar. Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, until the gooseberries are Just tender. Tip into an ovenproof dish.
2. To make the crumble, place the... - 34.3151
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large pan, then gently cook the onion, peppers, garlic and thyme for 10 mins until the vegetables are softened and golden. Season lightly, then remove from the heat.
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured... - 33.3894
Santa Rosa Plum Crumble
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean, add seeds to plum mixture. Discard bean. Toss mixture gently to combine. Spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a... - 33.2178
Baked Green Peppers
1) Preheat oven to 350 deg before baking.
2) Quarter each pepper.
3) Remove seeds and fibrous portions.
4) Into a baking pan, put peppers with oil and garlic and bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, stirring often.
5) Serve at... - 32.6259
Spread cranberry sauce in a 9-inch piepan.
Combine oats, flour, and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
Sprinkle over cranberries.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. - 31.6402
Cream butter and cheese until blended.
Add remaining ingredients except olives and mix well.
Chill for 15 to 20 minutes.
Shape a small portion of dough around each olive.
Bake in preheated hot oven (400°F.) for about 15 minutes.
Good hot or cold. - 31.2743
Mediterranean Pear And Tomato Appetizer
This special Mediterranean Pear And Tomato Appetizer with its zesty falvor and lip-smackingly delicious taste is a wonderful treat to go with any meal and occasion. Follow this quick and easy to make recipe for Mediterranean Pear And Tomato Appetizer
and... - 27.8714
1. Place the blackcurrants in a 900 ml ovenproof dish and drizzle over the honey.
2. Place the flour in a bowl and rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and hazelnuts, then sprinkle over the fruit.
3. Bake in a... - 26.3649
Basic cake preparation with the addition of slicing the cake into strips and baking for the second time until crispy. - 19.548