- » Baked Chopped Herring
Baked Chopped Herring Recipes
Enjoy our collection of baked chopped herring recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for baked chopped herring recipes.
Baked Kipper Herring
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. Line a heavy skillet with aluminum foil and arrange the herring on it. Dot with butter and bake until the butter melts and the fish is heated through.
3. In a small saucepan or butter warmer, combine three tablespoons... - 27.2381
Baked Stuffed Fresh Herrings
Wash and split the herrings and remove the backbone.
Mix together the breadcrumbs, suet, parsley and lemon rind, season to taste and add enough milk to moisten.
Season each herring with salt and pepper, spread on a thin layer of the forcemeat and roll up... - 27.5984
Baked Stuffed Herrings
1. Preheat the oven at 380°F.
2. Tell your fishmonger to gut the herrings from the head end and make sure he does not slit the belly. Wash the fish and use a knife to scrape off the scales. Work from tail to head while scraping.
3.... - 44.641
Clean and scale herrings, split down the front and remove backbone.
Sprinkle each with salt, pepper, tarragon and shallot.
Roll up and put into a fireproof dish.
Place a small piece of bay leaf on each.
Cover with equal parts of vinegar and water and bake... - 28.5
1. Freshen herring in cold water for 24 hours, changing the water several times.
2. After fish has soaked, clean it, remove head, remove skin (if desired), bone fish and separate each into 2 fillets.
3. Cook onions in the butter until soft but not browned.
4.... - 37.6662
Soak herring in cold water overnight, drain and clean.
Remove skin and separate each fish into 2 fillets, removing bones.
Mix remaining ingredients to a smooth paste.
Spread each fillet with paste, roll, fasten with string or toothpicks.
Place in baking dish,... - 33.3626
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees or gas mark 4.
2.In a bowl, whisk butter until light.
3.Put onion, lemon rind and juice, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper to it and blend well.
4.Put the mixture in herring cavity.
5.Secure each fish by... - 43.15
Herring Au Gratin
1) Soak cleaned herring in water for at least 12 hours.
2) Preheated oven at 425°F.
3) Remove the skin and bones from the herring and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
4) In a baking tray, make layers of the herring, potatoes, and onion.
5)... - 38.9056
1) In a shallow dish, soak the herring with water overnight
2) Take care to change the water twice
3) Drain the water and keep the fish aside
4) In a skillet, melt the butter and saute the onions till evenly browned
5) Using a sharp knife, chop... - 41.4386
Potato And Herring Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a small skillet, soften margarine or butter in it and saute onion until translucent.
3. Take an 8 -cup greased baking dish and layer it with onion, herrings and potatoes. Start and end with a layer... - 37.2288
Herring And Tomato Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Drain the herrings and reserve the liquor.
3) In a bowl, stir the herring liquid into the white sauce.
4) Stir in the chopped onion, salt and pepper to taste.
5) Bone the herrings and mash the flesh... - 40.6994
Stuffed Herring Salad
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, onion, apple, parsley, herbs, salt, pepper and egg.
3.Put water to make the mixture soft.
4.Fill each herring with the stuffing and once done, put the fish on a ovenproof... - 48.801
Herring With Apples In Cider
1 Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2 Wash and drain the herring fillets and coat with flour. Spread the mustard on the fleshy side. Season with salt and pepper.
3 Place the fish fillets, side by side, in an oblong, shallow dish and cover with alternate layers of... - 34.5041
Bone and fillet the fish if the fishmonger has not done this.
Roll each fillet from head to tail and secure the rolls with wooden cocktail sticks.
Peel and finely chop the onions.
Core, but do not peel the apples.
Cut them into thin rings.
Peel, core and... - 40.8639
Oatmeal Herrings With Peppers And Anchovies
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
Make 2 diagonal slashes in each side of each herring.
Cut each rasher of bacon into 8 pieces and insert into the slashes in the herrings.
Dip the herrings in the milk, then smother all over with the... - 42.2631
Herrings With Potato Stuffing
1) Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C), Gas Mark 6.
2) Grease a covered casserole and place aside.
3) Remove the heads and backbones of the herring.
4) Use cooking salt to rub away the black skin.
5) Wash the fish and pat dry with paper... - 44.883
Oaty Herrings With Red Salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. To make the salsa, place the pepper, tomatoes, spring onion, lime juice, sugar and seasoning in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
2. Mix the milk and mustard, and the oats and pepper. Dip fillets into... - 40.5852
Russian Herring Under Fur Coat Salad
We are heading towards holidays and no Russian holiday can be made without Russian Herring Under Fur Coat Salad. So I bring to you this salad recipe. - 0
1. Scale and wash the herrings well.
2. Cut off the heads and tails, and slit each fish open down the belly using a sharp large knife.
3. Remove the offals from the fish cavities and clean thoroughly.
4. Peel the onion and chop half of it.
5.... - 46.2815
Clean the herrings.
Mash up the roes with a fork (they may be hard or soft ones), mix with the bread soaked in milk, 1 tablespoonful of mixed herbs and the shallot, very finely chopped.
Beat 2 tablespoonfuls of butter into this mixture, season; stuff the... - 28.95
Stuffed Soused Herrings
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.In a large sized bowl, put breadcrumbs, capers, lemon rind, butter, egg, salt and pepper and stir them all well.
3.Pour water if the mixture is dry.
4.Place the herrings on a flat surface with skin... - 45.187
You will be surprised to know this, but Greek recipe indeed includes an amazing slew of fish dishes. In this video, Eva prepares a yummy fish dish a la the Greek style, using lemon, onion, garlic, parsley. You will simply love this recipe for its simplicity... - 110.315
Old Fashioned Cobbler 's Pot
Cut the herrings into strips.
Chop the bacon.
Peel and thinly slice the onions and potatoes.
Put the bacon in a frying pan and heat until the fat runs.
Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, then add the potato slices and fry until lightly browned.
Sprinkle... - 44.9391
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Take a greased ovenproof dish and line it with bread crumbs.
3.Place the fish in it with their heads inside.
4.Put a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
5.Whisk cream and egg and drizzle the mixture on the... - 44.9068
Cocktail Puffs (marinades)
These cocktail puffs are fried wafer like snacks that are great to serve with drinks. Made with eggs, flour and baking powder, the cocktail puffs are flavored with peppers, scallions, mace, parsley and tabasco sauce along with lime juice. Fried and served... - 45.5022