- » Baingan Bharta
Baingan Bharta Recipes
Baingan bharta, also known as baingan ka bharta, is a char-grilled Punjabi vegetarian accompaniment known for its rich aroma and flavour. Baingan bharta although made throughout the year, is especially savoured ... More »
Baingan Bharta is a popular Eggplant Curry that goes well with Indian Bread/Rotis/Chapathis. Traditionally the eggplant is roasted directly over flame/fire until the skin shrivels and peels off easily. Roasting the eggplant over fire gives it a smoky flavor... - 48.4203
This is a really easy and tasty Indian dish (dry curry) that is sure to stir up your taste buds. Delicious baingan bharta is ready to eat with pita bread, Indian naan, or rice. This is one of my favourite recipe. - 46.4244
The Baigan Bhartha recipe is a wonderful way to cook the eggplant. Egg plant ( baingan ) roasted and cooked in the traditional Indian spices for a delicious dish that is truly mouth watering. Try this yummy delight and serve with any of the Indian breads for... - 43.3872
Baste the aubergines with a little oil and bake them in a moderate oven at 350°F, Gas Mark 4 for about 45 minutes, or until tender.
When cool, remove the skins and mash the pulp.
Using an electric grinder or pestle and mortar, grind the chilli, peppercorns,... - 42.4359
1 Roast whole brinjals over a charcoal fire or grill in an oven placed on a wire rack.
2 Turn them frequently until the skin is burnt and the brinjal is tender.
3 Immerse in cold water and carefully peel the skin.
4 Mash well.
5 In a pan,... - 40.9759
Peel the aubergine, chop roughly and cook in lightly salted boiling water until soft and mushy.
Drain the aubergine well and place in a serving dish.
Mix the chillies, onion and tomatoes into the aubergine.
Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion seeds and... - 40.6936
Roast brinjals over direct fire till the skin turns black and they are cooked through and through.
Dip in cold water and peel off the skin.
Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the black gram, dry chillies, neem leaves and asafoetida till black... - 39.7496
- Peel the eggplant, cut it into 1 inch cubes
- Place eggplant cubes in a pressure cooker with 8-10 tablespoons of water
- Pressure cook on high heat until 1 whistle
- Take the cooker off from the heat and let the steam come out on its own
- Once the steam... - 38.7834
1. Roast brinjals in hot ash or on hot tava or griddle.
2. Remove skin and mash.
3. Slice a small portion of the onions; chop remaining onions fine.
4. Chop green chillies, and garlic.
5. Heat fat and fry sliced onions. Add mashed brinjals, turmeric, cumin... - 38.6964
1. Grill the brinjals on a fire until they become black in colour. Remove the skin and mash thoroughly.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1/2 minute.
3. Add the green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
4. Add the tomato and fry again for 2... - 32.4626
Remove pulp from brinjals.
Pound the chillies, garlic and dhunia leaves very fine.
Add chopped onion and brinjal and pound a little longer.
Sour with either vinegar or sour milk and add salt to taste. - 21.8921
Baingan Bharta Recipes By Category