- » Bacon Grit
Bacon Grit Recipes
Enjoy our collection of bacon grit recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for bacon grit recipes.
Cheddar Grits And Bacon Roulade
Prepare the egg sponge and while it is baking, in a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil and add the grits, a little at a time.
Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer the grits, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add 3/4 cup of the Cheddar and salt and... - 30.0491
Fried Grits With Bacon
1. In 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat water to boiling. Slowly stir grits and salt into boiling water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
2. Pour grits into... - 28.672
Grits And Bacon Bits
1) Take a small saucepan and bring salt and water to a boil in it.
2) Gradually mix in hominy grits and then bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for about 20 minutes, covered, until grits are cooked.
4) Take off the... - 34.3206
Grits And Bacon
1. In a small saucepan, pour in the 1 1/4 cups water
2. Bring the water to the boil
3. Slowly add the hominy grits and gently mix well
4. Allow the mixture to come back to the boil
5. Reduce the heat to low
6. Cover and simmer till the grits are... - 37.9912
Grits With Sautéed Jumbo Shrimps
Have your grits for breakfast perked up with these wonderful looking jumbo shrimps! Have a hearty breakfast! Watch this video for more details! - 110.302
Charleston Shrimp And Grits
Robin gets to you a classic shrimp recipe live from Charleston in the given video. It's simple and authentic, you should try it right away to get some taste of Charleston where this recipe originates. - 103.91
Shrimp 'n Grits
Donna from Bluffton, SC sent in this southern delicacy with impressive amounts of bacon, sausage and cheese... and shrimp and grits of course too. - 14.8172
Hominy Grits Casserole
1) Preheat oven to 300°F.
2) In a bowl, combine hominy, salt, and water.
3) Stir well and add 1 cup of skim milk.
4) In an oiled 1 1/2 quart casserole, pour in mixture.
5) Add margarine, sugar, eggs, and skim milk.
6) Place inside oven... - 43.3028
Easy Shrimp And Grits
If you can get fresh shrimps, try making this Easy shrimp and grits recipe with chef Scott. His recipe is very simple yet he takes extra care to make sure the taste of shrimps is not over powered by bacon which is also a key ingredient in this dish. He... - 116.435
Ham & Grits Quiche
Saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
In medium mixing bowl, combine milk, whipping cream, eggs, dry mustard, pepper and nutmeg.
In separate mixing bowl, combine Swiss cheese and Cheddar cheese.
Sprinkle ham and sausage over... - 40.4677
1) Take a medium bowl and place grits in it. Using a fork break them into pieces and stir in eggs gently.
2) Take a heavy skillet and melt enough bacon drippings so as to cover bottom of it.
3) Evenly layer grits in skillet and cook until they are... - 31.4022
Bring water and salt to a boil; stir in grits.
Cook grits until done, following package directions.
Remove from heat.
Add bacon and 1 tablespoon butter; stir until butter melts.
Pour grits into a greased 8 1/2- x 4Vi- x 3-inch loaf pan.
Cool; cover and... - 30.271
Peppered Grits Terrine
Coat a 9-inch loafpan with cooking spray.
Line with heavy-duty plastic wrap, allowing plastic to extend over edges.
Coat plastic wrap with cooking spray.
Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon pepper on plastic wrap.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon pepper, water, and next 3 ingredients... - 45.1487
Ham & Grits Quiche
In 2-quart casserole, combine butter, mushrooms and onion.
Microwave at HIGH (10) 3 to 4 minutes until mushrooms are tender and onion is transparent.
In medium mixing bowl, combine milk, whipping cream, eggs, dry mustard, pepper and nutmeg.
Set... - 41.7357
Sausage And Potato With Cheesy Grits
A warm filling breakfast. This video shows how to prepare sausages and onion with a cheesy grit in a true Irish style. This sensational video prepares this recipe very quick. The super rich cheesy grit compliments the sausages in a wonderful way. - 101.724
Cook grits. Add butter and cheese, and stir to melt the cheese. Combine eggs and milk; mix well. Add to grits mixture. Pour into well-greased casserole and cover with shredded cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Serve as a side dish for a ham dinner or... - 18.1823
1 Lightly grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf pan.
2 In a pan, bring water and salt to a boil.
3 Add in the grits.
4 As per the package directions, cook the grits until done.
5 Remove from the heat.
6 Add in the bacon and... - 35.4543
Osso Buco With Grits
Osso Buco With Grits - If there is any dish that can take you to heaven and back then it is this. This tasty meat preparation can make your day! Try this brilliant Osso Buco With Grits recipe! - 43.027
Shrimp And Grits
This recipe comes to us from the southern arm of our family tree. We're northern Canuck's through and through - but love grits! Usually with Maple syrup... However this Shrimp and Grits recipe is one of our faves! - 0
Cast Iron Poached Egg
If you are about to discard your old cast iron pans, watch this video Cast Iron Poached Egg and then decide. On popular demand Dave has come up with this video showing everyone how to use an old cast iron pan for making egg breakfast. It is rather insightful... - 92.0373
Leek And Bacon Flan
1. Place the margarine, water and 3 rounded tablespoons of the flour in a bowl and cream with a fork until well mixed. Add the remaining flour, the cheese, a pinch of salt, cayenne and mustard powder and work together to form a firm dough. Knead lightly until... - 33.8152
Bacon Potato Salad
1. Wash the new potatoes, scrubbing lightly to remove grit.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of salted water
3. Boil the potatoes for about 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
4. Drain in a colander and let stand in the steam until cool enough... - 45.8937
American Clam Chowder
Scrub the clams and steam over a cup of boiling water until open.
Remove the tough parts of the clams and coarsely chop the rest, reserving all the juice and water they steamed over and straining it through a fine sieve to remove all grit.
Fry the bacon a... - 39.0932
Steamed Bitter Greens
Steamed Bitter Greens is an irresistible mouth watering recipe which you would love to serve to your loved ones. Try this Steamed Bitter Greens dish; I bet you will have a huge fan following for this. - 34.0164
Cooking Southern Breakfast
Dave Junior is following his father's footsteps by showing a Southern Breakfast Menu comprising of fried bacons, grits, omelette, fried potatoes and yummy French toast. Looks like a lot of dishes, but they are all simple to make and can be cooked... - 98.094
Sopa De Ameijoas
Leave clams overnight in salted water and then wash thoroughly in several waters to be sure they are completely free of sand and grit.
Dice bacon and onion and saute with oil and butter in deep pot or Dutch oven.
Add clams and a parsley sprig.
Cover and... - 42.3325
Savory Lima Beans
Combine all ingredients except bacon bits.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve garnished with bacon bits. - 32.9367
Tomato And Leek Lasagne
1. Cook the lasagne in boiling salted water until tender, according to the packet directions.
2. Drain, rinse and dry on kitchen paper.
3. Remove the rind from the bacon and chop.
4. Wash the leeks and slice; re-wash to remove all the grit.
5. Skin the... - 44.8869
Lima Bean Casserole
Combine all ingredients except bacon, adding enough stock to moisten.
Turn into oiled casserole.
Cover and bake at 350Â° F. for 30 minutes.
Garnish with bacon. - 28.7716
1. Season 4 long wooden skewers by soaking then in tepid water for 30 minutes.
2. Place the shelled scallops in a colander and wash under cold running water to clean well and remove grit. It is important to make sure the scallops are properly... - 36.9032
Dredge kidney in flour and saute in hot oil.
Remove and set aside.
Saute onion, green pepper and celery in same pan.
Add rest of ingredients except bacon.
Combine kidney with mixture in pan and cover.
Simmer until thoroughly heated.
Garnish with bacon bits... - 37.026
Crispy Fried Hominy Cheese Squares
1. Bring the water and salt to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Slowly add the grits while stirring constantly. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture is very thick.
2. Stir in the garlic, cheese, black... - 33.3955
Saute pepper, onion and celery in oil.
Arrange liver in same pan.
Cover with boiling stock, bay leaf, scallion, salt, clove, nutmeg and yeast.
Simmer gently 5 minutes.
Remove bay leaf.
Combine sauteed vegetables with liver mixture in... - 40.4614
English Kidney Stew
Combine all ingredients, except parsley, in pot.
Simmer until kidneys are tender.
Garnish with parsley.
Variations Mushrooms and/or sliced potatoes may be added.
Stewed tomatoes may be substituted for part of the stock. - 34.8489
Blend all ingredients together.
Simmer in covered saucepan until thoroughly heated. - 28.7307
Country Style Turnip Greens
Country Style Turnip Greens is easy to make recipe. Country Style Turnip Greens gets its taste from turnip mixed with meat and garnished with salt or pepper. Country Style Turnip Greens is inspired by many food chains worldwide. - 31.7296
Clams Casino has a Blistering taste. The butter and cheese gives the Clams Casino Blistering taste. - 42.5777
Comfy Baked Beans
Rinse beans and sort, if necessary, discarding any blemished ones and any grit.
In large Dutch oven or stockpot, cover beans with 3 times their volume of water.
Bring to boil; boil gently for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 1... - 43.6932
Stir water, sugar and yeast together and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine grains, seeds, salt, sugar, liquid and fat.
Stir until well mixed.
Stir yeast mixture in lightly.
Add the flour slowly—each batch requires a slightly different amount, as the... - 43.4057
1. Trim celery roots and strip the leafy tops, paring the fibrous outer stalks.
2. Wash thoroughly, removing the grit between the ribs.
3. Chop the stalks finely
4. Wash the celery hearts thoroughly.
5. Halve them lengthwise.
6. Peel and chop... - 41.8104
Pumpkin And Porcini
Pumpkin And Porcini is a unique and exquisite preparation that is perfect for your dinner parties. Though I am not too much of a pumpkin fan I love the Pumpkin And Porcini dish. I am sure your guests too will love the Pumpkin And Porcini. - 49.0238
Cajun Style Turnip Greens
No Cajun meal could be complete without turnip greens that make a staple part of Southern Cajun food. Beryl Stokes shares with her viewers a simple turnip green recipe a la Cajun style that is supercharged with both health and taste. A healthy, tasty way to... - 103.27
Roasted Squabs Stuffed With Porcini And Chestnuts
Wash the squabs under cold water.
Remove and discard any excess fat.
Dry them well and squeeze the juice of the lemon inside the cavities.
Season with a liberal amount of black pepper.
Place the porcini mushrooms in a bowl and cover them with warm water.
Let... - 44.9056
How To Make Brazillian Feijoada
Classic Brazilian soup. This video prepare authentic black bean soup which incorporates a wide variety of meat from pork to beef. Loaded with the traditional taste, this dish has the rich and smoky flavor making it an absolute gourmet's delight. Serve this... - 119.705