- » Authentic Apple
Authentic Apple Recipes
Enjoy our collection of authentic apple recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for authentic apple recipes.
Smoked Baby Back Ribs
Check out for this outstanding video that displays excellent techniques to handle baby back ribs and smoking them to perfection. The video is impressive and would definitely add a special touch to your party menu. Watch this video and give it a try….. - 119.02
Palterovich Creamy Apple Herring
1. First, drain the herring well and cut them into smaller pieces if required.
2. Clean the herring from all pickling spices.
3. Dice apple into irregular 1-inch pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
4. In a large bowl, pour the lemon juice.
5.... - 49.0639
Sasha's Apple Crab Cocktail
1. In a bowl, toss diced apples in lemon juice in a bowl to prevent discoloration.
2. Drain the apples and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. In another bowl, take crabmeat.
4. Add dry apple pieces to the crabmeat.
5. Add dill, chives, salt, and... - 48.8799
Apple And Cheddar Strata
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Grease and 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
4. In the baking dish, arrange 3/4 of bread cubes in a single layer.
5. In a... - 48.4426
Apple Aand Persimmon Cobbler
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350 °F.
2) Peel the persimmons and slice thinly. Take out the seeds.
3) To prepare piling, in a large bowl add persimmons, apples, honey, cinnamon, and cloves.
4) Grease a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick... - 48.0852
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) In a saucepan, boil water with sugar and vanilla bean.
3) Reduce the mixture to 1-1/4 cup.
4) In a shallow pan, pour the mixture and arrange the apples around the pan.
5) Brush the apples with syrup and... - 45.9444
1) In a slow cooker, place together apples, sugar, cinnamon, and water.
2) Put the lid and simmer for 4 to 6 hours until apples are cooked.
3) Raise the heat to high.
4) In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5)... - 45.8404
Blueberry Apples Rocky Mountains
1) Cut the top of the apples and core out the pulp.
2) Reserve the pulp.
3) Brush apples with lemon juice.
4) In a double boiler, blend sugar, cornstarch, and eggs.
5) Blend in milk with calvados and stir until thick.
6) Blend in the... - 45.2749
Easy Apple Nog
1) In a casserole, add egg yolks to beat lightly with a fork.
2) Fold in sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple juice to blend well.
3) Stir in milk and microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes.
4) In a mixing bowl, add egg whites to beat... - 45.2553
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Brush the bottom of a baking sheet with butter.
3) In a bowl, mix together pumpkin, sweetener, spices, milk powder and extract.
4) Beat until well incorporated.
5) Place a teaspoon full on a baking... - 44.8783
1) Take a big-size skillet and heat it.
2) Put the cornstarch and brown sugar in the skillet.
3) Add apple juice and apple pie spice along with water. Boil the mixture for few minutes.
4) Add the slices of apple and allow the mixture to simmer for 10... - 44.6489
1. In a sifter, sift flour, baking powder, spice, soda and salt
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar till fluffy, beat egg and vanilla into it and sift and blend in the flour mixture alternately with applesauce and add currants and nuts
3.... - 44.5653
Apple And Hazelnut Galette
1) Place the shelled nuts in the oven at 350°F or Mark 4 till the husks can be rubbed off.
2) Keep aside a few whole nuts for decoration and put the rest through a small cheese grater or mincer.
3) Soften the butter and combine with sugar and beat... - 44.224
In large skillet, saute apples in margarine until crisp-tender Heat oven to 350°F.
Grease 1 1/2 or 2-quart casserole.
Layer apples in prepared casserole; top with bread cubes.
In small bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring... - 43.5621
Herring With Apples
1) In cold water, soak the herrings for about 3 hours.
2) Mix together the dill, sugar, pepper and vinegar.
3) Add the onion and stir well.
4) With kitchen paper, dry the herrings and place them in the onion mixture.
5) Cover the... - 43.2016
1) Core the apple without peeling off the skin. Cut into small pieces.
2) In a blender container, add the apple pieces, milk powder, water, cinnamon, salt and food colouring.
3) Process all the ingredients, until the apple is smoothly... - 43.0391
1) First, wash and dry the apples thoroughly.
2) With kitchen paper sprinkled with a drop of vegetable oil, rub them nicely.
3) From the stalk end of the apples, cut off a slice.
4) Using a grapefruit knife, gently scrape out the whole of the... - 42.9941
Apple Yam Bake
1) Cut fruits, as desired.
2) In a 12-cup baking dish, combine apples and sweet potato or yam with orange peel.
3) In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
4) Sprinkle half of cinnamon mixture over apple and toss lightly to... - 42.7123
1) In a deep pie dish, arrange apple slices till 3/4 full.
2) In a bowl, add butter and sugar and beat till fluffy.
3) Beat in the egg.
4) Gradually add in the flour and mix well.
5) Spoon the flour mixture over the apples.
6) Place in the oven and... - 42.3717
1) Grease a basin and prepare a steamer (or a saucepan with boiling water).
2) In a bowl, sift flour and salt.
3) If using fresh butcher's suet, take off the skin and finely shred and chop with little flour.
4) In a mixing bowl, add... - 42.2749
Carob Crumb Apples
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Use vegetable spray over a 9-inch pie plate.
3) In a bowl, add apples, lemon juice, honey, 3 tablespoons of the whole wheat pastry flour, and cinnamon and toss well to coat the apples.
4) Transfer into the... - 42.1535
1) Heat a pan and melt butter with oil. Sauté onions, celery and apple until soft.
2) Spoon over the juice of half a lemon.
3) Take the pan away from the heat. Add in egg yolk and stir. Then add breadcrumbs and seasoning.
4) Split this stuffing... - 42.1302
Apple Rosemary-thyme Cornish Game Hens
This is one of my favorite holiday dishes. The herbs and apple marry perfectly with the shallot and white wine, creating a savory wine-infused apple to complement the herbs, lemon and garlic-crusted hens. It's rich, delicious and full of healthy ingredients.... - 42.0749
Whipped Turnip And Apple
1. In a bowl, put together rutabaga with salt and pepper; mash well.
2. On top of the double boiler over very heat, place the mashed rutabaga to keep warm.
3. In a saucepan, put together apples, water and lemon juice; simmer for about 10... - 41.828
Peel the apples, halve horizontally and remove the cores with an apple corer.
Cut the butter in 4 pieces and put 1 piece in the hollow of each apple.
Put the apple halves in a circle in a deep round dish, cut side down.
Microwave, uncovered, for 5 minutes on... - 41.7813
In large skillet, cook apples in margarine until crisp-tender.
Heat oven to 350Â°F.
Grease 1 1/2 or 2-quart casserole.
Layer apples in greased casserole; top with bread cubes.
In small bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
Lightly spoon flour into measuring... - 41.6873
Lemon Apple Sparkle
1) In a saucepan, blend apple juice with spices and simmer for 15 minutes.
2) Strain the juice and stir in concentrate until melted.
3) Drizzle in the remaining apple juice.
4) Chill the mixture.
5) In punch bowl, pour the lemonade mixture over ice and... - 41.4592
Preheat oven to 425 Â°F.
Put apples into baking dish.
Mix sugar with spices; sprinkle on apples.
Dot with butter.
Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together; cut in butter.
Add milk; mix with fork until ingredients are just blended.
Knead lightly on... - 41.4588
Pear Apple Fans
1. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. In a small bowl, combine apple juice, cinnamon powder and lemon juice. Mix well and keep aside.
3. On the curved side of each pear halve, make 4 slits lengthwise from stem end to bottom, keeping... - 41.1949
Individual Cheesy Apple Crisps
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
2) Using holiday-shaped cookie cutters, cut 2 shapes from each cheese slice.
3) Cover them and keep in fridge.
4) Chop remaining cheese scraps and set aside.
5) In large bowl, combine apples, granulated... - 41.1206
Johnny Apple Chops
1. Season the pork chops well.
2. Heat a large frying pan over high.
3. When hot but not smoking, sear the chops on both sides.
4. Drain off the fat from the pan.
5. Pour the apple juice and water over the chops.
6. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer the... - 40.9329
In a large frying pan, combine the apples, water, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon and allspice.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
If the water boils away, add a bit more to... - 40.827
Saute apple slices in butter until golden but firm.
Sprinkle sugar and brandy and soak for 1/2 an hour.
Drain out and measure liquid, adding enough milk to make up 1 1/2 cups liquid.
Combine eggs, vanilla essence, salt and flour with the liquid, if possible... - 40.7022
Apples Au Vin Rouge
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Take the apples, core them and take off the peel of one inch from the top.
3.Take a baking dish, put the apples in it.
4.Add grape juice and wine to the dish.
5.Put the spice on the apples and bake... - 39.8975
Apple Bean Pot
1) In a slow cooker, put the beans.
2) Add the apples and onions. Mix well.
3) Add the barbecue sauce or ketchup and stir well. Also stir in the brown sugar and meat. Mix well.
4) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 hours. Over high... - 39.4721
Peel and core the apples.
Cut crosswise into 1/2" thick rounds.
Place in a large bowl.
Add the grape juice, lime juice, honey, mint, ginger and coriander.
Let marinate for 20 minutes.
Transfer the apple slices to a hot grill; reserve the marinade.
Cook,... - 39.1724
Peel and core apples and slice into large skillet.
Add water and sugar, cover, and cook over medium heat until apples are almost tender.
Make biscuit dough with remaining ingredients.
Pat out into round the size of skillet.
Place dough on top of apples,... - 38.847
Apple Celery En Blue
Core the apple and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces.
Thinly slice the celery.
Combine the apples, celery, and crumbled cheese in a serving bowl.
Rinse the greens, shake them dry, tear them into bite-sized pieces, and add them to the bowl.
In a cup, use a fork to... - 38.662
1) Peel apples quarter and core them. Slice thinly.
2) Preheat moderate oven (350°F. - Gas Mark 4).
3) Arrange apples in the base of a shallow 1 pint baking dish.
4) Sprinkle sugar on top.
5) Halve sponge cake and place over the apples... - 38.5716
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large shallow baking dish, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) Halve and core the apples, cutting from top to bottom.
4) In the prepared dish, arrange the apple halves with the cut side up and... - 38.2626
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, whipped topping, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg; using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
Gradually beat in flour and sugar and continue beating until mixture is thick and smooth.
Grease 10-inch pie... - 37.9439
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree, Gas Mark 4.
2) Take an ovenproof dish and grease with butter.
3) Arrange dates over the bottom of the dish and spread Colman's Bramely Apple sauce.
4) In a bowl, combine flour and oats and then rub in fat... - 37.8931
Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, and water in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours, until apples are tender.
Turn heat on high and prepare dumplings.
To prepare dumplings, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in butter; stir in the... - 37.8875
1) Preheat the grill or broiler.
2) Core the apples and place each apple on a square piece of foil.
3) Stuff each apple with a mixture of 1 tablespoon raisins and 1 tablespoon candies.
4) Dot the stuffed apples with butter.
5) Bring up... - 37.8645
Blushing Apple Tapioca
1) Pare the apples and core them. Cut the apples into eights lengthwise.
2) In a slow cooker, put the apples.
3) Mix the sugar, candy, tapioca and water together. Pour the mixture all over the apples.
4) Cook over high heat for 3 to 4... - 37.8379
Apples With Chocolate
1) Allow sugar and water to simmer for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in apples and cover and simmer over low heat until they become soft.
3) Let cool and mix in green colouring.
4) Take a glass dish; pour the mixture into it and layer with cream and chocolate.
5)... - 37.8012
1. In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar and cinnamon if used.
2. Place pan over a medium low flame and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Take pan off the heat.
3. In a 4-quart slow -cooker or a crock pot, arrange the apples... - 37.4454
1. In medium microwavable bowl or mug, combine and stir together all ingredients.
2. Place in the microwave at MEDIUM or level -7 for 10 to 11 minutes, stirring liquid once or twice after 4 to 5 minutes, until piping hot.
3. Pour into 2... - 37.0162
Apple Glazed Zucchini
1) In a shallow saucepan mix all the ingredients.
2) Simmer mixture uncovered over moderate heat
3) Stir occasionally till liquid evaporates.
4) Serve hot. - 37.0114
Duck With Cream And Apple
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Sprinkle duck inside and out with salt and pepper.
3) Using a fork, prick the duck all over and place on wire rack in roasting pan.
4) Peel and core the apples.
5) Cut two of them into quarters and leave the rest... - 36.7195
Blend together flour, baking powder & melted shortening.
Add milk enough to make a good pliable dough; roll out.
Line a pie plate with the pastry, put apples in, and place crust on top.
Bake in moderate oven until done, then reverse on plate.
Sprinkle with... - 36.2244
Vegan Apple Vinny
1. Wash and chop apples
2. Cut the wholemeal bread into fingers
3. Cook the chopped apples with sugar and orange juice
4. Melt margarine into sauncepan
5. Coat the bread fingers with melted margarine, turn so that both sides are... - 35.6882
Core apples and then cut them into quarters.
Place quarters in a bowl.
Sprinkle with lemon juice, tossing to coat.
Drain off any excess lemon juice.
Pour brandy and cinnamon over apple quarters, tossing to coat.
Cover tightly and marinate for several hours or... - 35.4921
Brussels Sprouts And Apples
1. In the base of each sprout cut "X" to permit even cooking.
2. in 8-cup (2 liter) casserole place brussels sprouts, pour in apple juice, cover and microwave at High for 4 minutes.
3. Add apples and microwave, covered, at High, for 4 to 5 minutes or... - 35.4377
1) In a bowl, add first 4 ingredients and combine well.
2) Fill each apple cavity with 1 tablespoon mixture.
3) Cut the stuffed apple in 6 slices.
4) Immediately serve by drizzling honey on top, if desired. - 35.3095
1) With broken ice, half fill a tumbler.
2) Add the Calvados along with the Gin, Vermouth and Yellow Chartreuse. Stir well.
3) Into a cocktail glass, strain the stirred cocktail and top with a dash of Lemon peel Juice and a single Cherry.... - 34.9637
1. In a chafing dish over direct flame heat butter and saute apple rings gently such that tender.
2. Sprinkle with icing sugar and nuts.
3. In a bowl whip cream and brandy.
4. In individual dishes serve apples, topped with brandied cream. - 34.9618
Apple Sponge is a unique dessert that is both incomparable in its taste and filing. Prepare this tasty Apple Sponge and serve it for your next party, I am sure your guests will love it!! - 34.3895
1. Heat water and lemon rind and sprinkle the sago on top of the mixture
2. Bring the mixture to the boil and then cook for 15-20 minutes till the grain becomes clear.
3. Stew the apples in a little water and add to the sago.
4. Beat well and add sugar... - 34.2435
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
2. Rub fat into flour, mix with a little cold water and roll into an oblong shape.
3. Spread with jam and sliced apples, sprinkle with sugar and roll, sealing ends.
4. Place in the... - 33.9321
Combine apples, water and lemon juice in a large sauce pot.
Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil, stirring frequently.
Add lemon slices and sugar.
Return to a rolling boil.
Boil hard 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Remove... - 33.885
Annapolis Valley Apple Sizzler
1) Allow the cider to a boil and add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves.
2) Serve hot. - 33.6358
Apples In Bourbon
In top pan of chafing dish combine sugar, lemon rind and juice, cinnamon and bourbon or applejack.
Place pan over low heat.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Add the apples (6 if apples are sweet; more, if not).
Simmer for 35 minutes or until the apples are... - 33.5109
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar in water; bring the solution to a boil with constant stirring to dissolve sugar.
2. Cook at 250° Fahrenheit on candy thermometer until the sugar syrup forms a hard ball when dropped in cold water.
3. Stir in apples and cook... - 32.1672
In large saucepan, combine apple slices, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and water.
Heat to boiling.
Separate biscuits; place on top of apples.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
Invert biscuits; spoon biscuits and... - 31.4065
Dapple Apple Flip
1. In a teapot, place the tea bags, pour freshly boiling water over them ad brew for almost five minutes
2. Pour into a pitcher and allow to cool to room temperature; add apple and lemon juice and sweeten with as much sugar as per tastes
3. In... - 31.3303
Microwave Nutty Apple
1) In each of the four 6-ounce custard cups, place an apple and sprinkle the core cavity of each apple with 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar.
2) Stuff each cavity with 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter and top with 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar.
3) Sprinkle the... - 31.2842
Apple And Barley Water
1. Wash apples and chop them along with peel and core.
2. In a saucepan, add apples with barley kernels and cook with flavorings for about half an hour.
3. Strain the mixture and sweeten and allow it to cool.
4. Serve the apple and barley... - 31.1123
1 Thoroughly wash the apples.
2 Cut into pieces including the peel, pulp and core.
3 Into a jug, put the apple with the lemon peel and sugar.
4 Pour in the boiling water stirring well.
5 Allow to cool.
6 Stir in lemon juice and strain.
7... - 30.7842
Louella's Cooked Apples
In a large skillet over medium heat toss the apples with the lemon juice.
Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and butter, stirring to combine.
Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until the apples have softened. - 30.7077
Apple Egg nog
Apple Nog is an irresistible mouth-watering beverage. An easy to prepare apple recipe, this Apple Nog is a beverage that you would surely love to try. - 30.6808
1) Take a collins glass and fill it with crushed ice.
2) Pour over all ingredients, floating Grenadine on top.
3) Garnish with an apple wedge and serve immediately with a stirrer. - 30.483
1. Into a large jar, spoon half of the sauerkraut.
2. Add apples to cover sauerkraut and fill jar with remaining sauerkraut and its juice.
3. Refrigerate the jar for 3-4 days for marinating.
4. Serve Apple Surprise alongside meat... - 29.4682
Apple Yam Bake
1. Mix the apples, potatoes and orange rind in 12-cup baking dish.
2. Mix brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle half over apple mixture; toss lightly to mix. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of the melted butter or margarine over top; cover.
3. Bake... - 29.2698
1) In a blender, blend eggs, apple juice, cream, honey and cinnamon until smooth.
2) Serve in rock glasses immediately. - 29.1366
1) Half the pomegranates and hollow out the seed pulp.
2) Blend the pomegranates pulp in a food processor for 1 minute and save the liquid on straining.
3) Combine together pomegranate liquid with apple juice.
4) Take collins glasses;... - 29.0393
Put all the ingredients except the lemon slice into an electric blender.
Whirl for 15 seconds.
Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with lemon slice. - 27.9525
Put the apples in a saucepan with a little water and poach gently until they are tender, but not mushy.
Drain and arrange in a baking dish.
Fill the hollows with the mincemeat.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
Add 4 teaspoons of the sugar and continue... - 27.439
1) Take a collins glass; half fill it with crushed ice and then pour over the liquids.
2) Serve at once on garnishing with apple slice. - 26.5987
Combine juices and grenadine; chill.
Pour over ice in punch bowl.
Resting bottle on rim of bowl, slowly add ginger ale.
Float scoops of sherbet. - 24.5995
Dapple Apple Flip
1. Place tea bags in a teapot; cover with freshly boiling water; brew 3 to 5 minutes. Pour into a large pitcher; let stand at room temperature to cool.
2. Stir in apple juice and lemon juice; sweeten to taste with sugar or no-calorie sweetener.
3. Pour over... - 23.3883