- » Asian Holiday
Asian Holiday Recipes
Enjoy our collection of asian holiday recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for asian holiday recipes.
Eggrolls With Duck Sauce
Are you looking for a great snack for your upcoming party? This video can be of great help. Watch the chef prepare these delicious Egg Rolls with Duck Sauce and that too in no time. This video is a savior if you are running short of time. Watch it now. - 125.661
Hawaiian Chocolate Haupia Pie Part 2 Cooking
Yummy frozen crust filled with this yummy concoction and served with dollops of freshly whipped cream is one treat that none can resist. Haupia is one such creamy coconut dessert that gets further character when gooey chocolate mixes into it. A truly... - 121.422
Coconut Rice And Mango
An exotic dessert is here! Coconut Rice and Mango will be lapped up by those who enjoy the taste of coconut and also like it sweet. A few minutes is all that is required for this! - 116.923
Thanksgiving Leftovers - Chicken And Dumpling Soup
1. In a pot on high heat, pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a rolling boil.
2. Once it starts boiling, add the celery and onions and mix well.
3. Add in the carrots and dried parsley and stir well. Cover it and let it simmer for about 10 - 12... - 115.192
Hawaiian Chocolate Haupia Pie Part 1 Preparation
The Hawaiians simply love this creamy pie and so will you! Crispy piecrust filled with chocolate and coconut pudding mix and topped with luscious whipped cream makes for a dreamy treat. Rich and delicious, this toothsome is indeed something to die for. This... - 114.47
Whether you are looking for a perfect entrée for your Chinese New Year Celebrations or just a yummy treat to “pig out” on, pork dumplings is something that can truly satiate you. Megan and Paula whomps up this classic pork delight using simplest of... - 113.908
Bananas With Coconut Passion Cream
For those who are looking for a healthy dessert, try Bananas in coconut milk. This dessert is not just sweet but tangy as well. This is also a low sugar recipe. Watch the video for more details. - 112.624
Buttered Chicken Part 1 – Introduction & Frying The Chicken
Buttered chicken is a great dish for any occasion and anytime and what better if you know how to prepare it perfectly and in no time. Take a look at this buttered chicken video series. The chef has divided the video in 2 parts – In this part she provides... - 110.217
Red Cup Cakes With Wonderful Frosting - Part 2 Preparation
This mini version of the classic red velvet cake, these delightfully good cup cakes topped with creamy frostings makes for delectable indulgence. Appeasing to the eyes as well as the palate, this tasty sweet treats can be easily baked at home following this... - 109.868
After waiting for a long time, we finally get to see an English video by Panlasang Pinoy and that too it’s a traditional Filipino rice cake. His English is actually good enough and the rice cakes are mouth-watering. While he gives his detailed recipe and... - 108.135
Want a really easy and delicious snack for the entire family? Watch the video as chef makes and peanut brittle with peanut, cashew and sugar. She caramelizes the sugar and adds the nuts. She even gives the freedom of choosing your favorite nut for the recipe.... - 107.029
Buttered Chicken Part 2 – Preparing The Dish
Here is the part 2 of the buttered chicken video series, where the chef shows step by step instructions to combine fried chicken with butter and spices to make a absolutely succulent dish. A well presented video recipe, but one single video with all... - 106.826
Baked Pork Chop With Stir Fried Pork
Wondering how to cook the pork chop and pork pieces lying with you for meal? Prepare a flavorful pork stir fry with the pork pieces and vegetables. Definitely worth trying with rice for a wonderful meal. Spice up and bake the pork chop to serve as an... - 105.713
Looking for something to satiate your sweet tooth? Check this Cinnamon swirls. This is a delicious sweet that can be had at anytime during the day. Watch this video for a step-by-step guide to making this delicious treat. - 105.543
Homemade Malaysian Honeycomb Cake
This yummylicious cake draws its name from its interesting honey-comb like patterns. A Malaysian staple, this lip-smackingly good cake is a must try for all sweet lovers. Spongy, bouncy, and bitter-sweet treat makes for an excellent recipe for baking... - 105.047
Banana And Pineapple On Bread
In a mood to have something sweet? You have come to the right place. Check out the video of the yummy and delicious Banana and Pineapple on Bread. A great dish for the holiday season. - 103.84
Crispy Fried Pork Ribs
These crispy fried pork ribs are going to be real crowd puller for any occasion. They have a special Asian flavor and when you serve with some Asian sweet sauce on side, these become a real delicacy. Watch the video to learn about the process and enjoy a... - 102.286
Asian Style Bbq Chicken Wings
Barbecue party is incomplete without some appetizing chicken wings. Watch this video that demonstrates a recipe to make gorgeous Asian style bbq chicken wings. Take a look and surprise your guests with these scrumptious chicken wings in your next backyard... - 98.0282
Spicy Avocado With Cheese
Are you looking out for a nice and healthy appetizer option? Then you should certainly try this avocado recipe. The chef here provides simple directives to make scrumptious appetizer with avocado, eggs and cheese. Looks absolutely scrumptious and its... - 95.7281
Pork Shin Bone In Barbecue Sauce Part 1 – Introduction
Pork combined with the sweet and sour flavors of barbecue sauce, you can imagine how scrumptious that would be. Want to know more, then watch this pork shin bone in barbecue sauce video series. Here the chef has divided the video in 2 parts – In this part... - 95.035
From the video, one can easily make out that something delicious is being cooked. These are Filipino Carioca or sweet balls made with sticky rice flour. Unfortunately, the entire video is in Filipino and it would be very hard to replicate the recipe without... - 94.5387
Pininyahang Manok With Red Bell Pepper
Take a look at this pininyahang manok recipe a super easy dish which is a perfect blend of fried chicken combined with pineapple and bell peppers and then mixed with absolutely flavorful tangy sauce. Watch the video to see the instructions. Worth a try for... - 93.2871
Hardinera is a famous meatloaf dish that originated in Quezon Province. This is considered as a special dish and is often served only in special occasions such as town fiestas and other important gatherings. - 91.816
If you prefer pork on top of other meats, then you should always be in a lookout for some new preparation. Here the chef presents, sliced pork and vegetables cooked in savory orange sauce. You would definitely love this delicate pork dish to serve for any... - 88.8631
Pork Barbecue With Oyster Sauce
Are you one of those who like that fantastic barbecued pork that street vendors sell? Then you should definitely take a look at this recipe to see how the chef combines pork with oyster sauce and orange juice to make similar tasting appetizer in no time. A... - 88.8547
Chicken Lomi With Shrimp And Oyster Sauce
Looking for some delicious and healthy recipe for the whole family, then look not further, the chef here showcases simple ideas to make a succulent lomi with chicken, shrimp and oyster sauce. She also gives an option to use Fettuccine instead of lomi. It is... - 86.7844
Filipino Brazo De Mercedes
In this video, chef is making a delicious dessert, brazo de mercedes. Unfortunately the whole video is in Filipino and he recipe lacks important details which the chef says can be found on his website. - 83.1557
Spicy Chili Tahong With Oyster Sauce
Whether you looking for appetizers to impress your guest or need something to complement your main course, this spicy chili tahong recipe is sure to be a hit. Watch the video to see how the chef combines mussels with oyster sauce and chili paste to make a... - 80.584
Crunchy Brazil Nut Cookie - Part 2: Cooking
Brazil nuts add satisfying crunch and unique flavor to any cookie. Not only do they contribute to amp up the crispiness of cookie, but also offers myriad benefits to the health. Tempting to the core, this bikie promises the crunch of nut till the last bite.... - 57.4391
Crunchy Brazil Nut Cookie - Part 1: Preparation
Are you nuts about cookie? Then you surely won't mind adding some extra crunch to these delicious bikies with flavorful Brazil nuts. Satisfying and flavorful, Brazil nuts are the star of this delectable confections. Stream this video to know all about how to... - 57.3958
Eggless Coconut Crumb Cake
This coconut crumb cake is the delicious pick to finish off any meal or to serve at a tea-party. The recipe is easy to make. A must try for coconut lovers. - 54.5985
Eggless Date Nut Ring Cake
This date-nut ring cake is truly flavorsome and a delightful pick. Enjoy the goodness of dates and nuts in an orange-yoghurt flavor! - 52.9222
Scallops With Lemon And Ginger
1. Make thick slices of scallops.
2. Detach the corals and keeping them whole.
3. Reserve the corals.
4. Heat a wok or deep frying pan until hot.
5. In the heated wok, add butter and 1 tablespoon of oil.
6. Heat until it starts... - 50.9936
Ida's Beet Salad
1. Dice beets into 1/4-inch cubes.
2. In a large nonreactive bowl, keep the beets; set aside.
3. Cut cabbage leaves into fine slivers.
4. Discard any tough white sections.
5. Shred cabbage slivers into small pieces enough to get 1 cup.... - 50.7606
Winter Barley And Vegetable Soup
This hearty Barley and Vegetable Winter soup is a good strong soup ideal for cold days and a secret weapon against your diet devastation in the party season. Your body is sure to thank you for the goodness this vegan barley and vegetable broth provides. - 50.7393
Chicken Livers With Noodles
1.In a casserole dish, place fettuccine and add in 5mL butter and Parmesan cheese.
2.Toss to melt butter and keep aside.
3.In another dish, put 10 mL (2 teaspoons) butter, add all the vegetables except the tomato.
4.Microwave at 100% for 1-1/2 to 2... - 50.691
Yellow Flower Lamb
1. Keep pork in a poly bag and place it in the freezer for about 1 hour until just frozen.
2. Cut the meat diagonally into thin strips; remove fat if any.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs with half of the spring onions.
4. Season with salt and pepper to... - 50.5026
Savory Chicken Curry
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (175Â°C)
2. Coat the chicken pieces with flour.
3. In a large flat skillet, heat oil.
4. Arrange floured chicken pieces and brown evenly on all sides.
5. Add shallot if using towards end of the browning... - 50.4502
Double Ginger Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F before baking.
2. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets with oil or butter.
3. Into a large dry basin sift together the all purpose flour, baking powder , soda, salt, and ground ginger .
4. Stir in the wheat... - 50.4272
Zucchini White Bean Salad
1. In a salad bowl mix all the ingredients well.
2. In another bowl whisk the dressing ingredients and pour it on the salad.
3. Toss so that the ingredients mix well. Check to separate all the zucchini slices.
4. Stand the salad for many hours in the... - 50.4263
Fabulous Date Bars
1. Lightly grease a 15-inch X 10-inch baking pan with oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 325Â°F (165Â°C.)
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and beat well until blended.
4. Stir in next 3 ingredients.
5. In a medium... - 50.2453
Nutty Spice Cake
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to cream together.
3) Fold in egg yolks and thoroughly beat.
4) Separately combine dry ingredients and sift together.
5) Fold in nuts and raisins to dry ingredients.
6) In... - 50.2295
Braised Curried Short Ribs
Would you like to prepare Braised Curried Shortribs at home? This recipe is best for your preparation. I am telling this because I had tried this recipe personally on my son’s birthday. Everybody appreciated the dish and I proved myself to be a good cook in... - 50.2176
Quick Fried Squid With Crab And Tomato Sauce
1. Cut squid into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces.
2. In a large bowl, mix together crab meat, tomato puree, sugar, soy sauce, chicken stock and dry sherry.
3. In a cup, blend corn flour with 1 tablespoon water to make smooth paste.
4. In a wok... - 50.0781
Asian Sesame Noodles
Cook the angel hair in a large pot of boiling water according to the package directions.
Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
Set aside to cool.
Warm the oil in a medium no-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the ginger and sesame seeds.
Cook,... - 49.9828
Lemon Coconut Bar Cookies
1. Grease a 9-inch sqaure baking tin with butter or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
4. Add the butter and using your fingertips, rub it into the flour until the mixture... - 49.9147
Apple And Fig Crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F/ 190° C
2. Grease a baking dish or casserole with oil or butter.
3. In a saucepan, cover figs with water and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
4. Reduce the flame and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
5. In the... - 49.8527
1) Preheat oven at 180°F.
1) In a bowl add egg white,half the amount of sugar, cream of tartar and whisk together.
2) Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3) Fold 1 into 2.
4) Transfer into ungreased chiffon tin.
5) Bake until... - 49.7533
Sweet And Sour Lamb
Partially freeze lamb.
Cut on the bias into thin bite-size strips; set aside.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
Add enough water to to juice to make 3/4 cup liquid.
Stir in vinegar, tomato sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and bouillon granules.
Spray a wok or large... - 49.6083
Eggplant Madewood Style
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, soak the bread in water.
3) Coat the bottom of a casserole with butter.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© bell peppers, onions, and celery until soft.
5) Stir in the ham and cook... - 49.5113
1. In a pan, pour chicken broth and bring to a boil.
2. Add chicken wings and then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
4. Using a strainer, strain the broth and reserve wings for other recipes.
5. In a large heavy pot,... - 49.2622
Barbecued Shish Kebabs
1. In a shallow baking dish, mix barbecue sauce, lemon juice, salad oil, salt, rosemary and pepper.
2. Add the lamb cubes to the marinade; turn well to coat; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. In the mean time, peel onion.
4. In a... - 49.2358
Pheasant Lentil Soup
1. Take a 3 quart saucepan and add some oil in it.
2. Heat the oil and add in the sausages.
3. Cook over medum-high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes until sausages are completely cooked and browned.
4.Remove the sausages from the pan and keep aside.
5.... - 49.1385
1) Keep glass jars for sterilizing.
2) Mash pineapple pieces in a casserole dish, along with the reserve.
3) Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed pineapple and cover the dish.
4) Microwave the pineapple mixture for about 15 to... - 49.0673
1. Slice fresh chillies diagonally into thin rings
2. Rinse sliced chillies under cold running water to remove the seeds.
3. Pat dry chillies with kitchen paper.
4. In a jug, mix corn flour with 1 tablespoon of stock or water, then add the... - 49.029
Malay Oxtail Soup
1. In a heavy soup pot, put together oxtail, onion, garlic, cilantro sprigs, cinnamon stick, cumin, coriander, and chili.
2. Pour the broth and add enough water to cover all the ingredients by 1 1/2 inches.
3. Heat until the mixture just starts to... - 48.9759
In a medium bowl, stir together the dark soy sauce, rice wine, and cornstarch.
Add the beef and stir to coat.
Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
Place a wok over high heat until hot.
Add 2 tablespoons of the oil, swirling to coat the sides of the... - 48.8626
Barbecued Loin Of Pork
1. Using a damp paper towel, wipe pork.
2. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
3. In an oval Dutch oven (about 8-quart size) or a heavy kettle, large enough for roast and liquid to almost cover, with a tight-fitting... - 48.7914
Tabbouleh With Lamb
If using lamb, trim any excess fat from it.
Chop the lamb or chicken and place the meat in a large bowl.
(You should have about 1 1/2 cups.) For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, lemon juice, mint, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Cover and shake well.
Pour... - 48.7881
1. Peel onion and cucumber; dice.
2. In a pan, melt low-fat spread and stir in flour.
3. Gradually add diced onion and cucumber.
4. Stir in water; crumble chicken stock cube and mixing well.
5. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for... - 48.7708
1. In a small bowl, blend together allspice, cumin, cardamom, saffron, and salt; keep aside.
2. In a large heavy pot, heat butter and oil over low heat.
3. Add onion and cook with occasional stirring for about 5 minutes until slightly... - 48.7292
For sauce, stir together soy sauce, sherry, tapioca, sugar, gingerroot, pepper, and 1/2 cup water.
Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil.
(Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Stir-fry carrots, green pepper, and onion in hot... - 48.6928
Sauteed Bean Sprouts And Tofu
1.Take a 10 inch non stick skillet and heat some oil in it.
2. Add in bean sprout and cook on hihg for about 1 minute.
3. Add in broccoli, carrots, garlic, gingerroot and cook for a minute covered.
4.Take a 1 cup liquid measure and add in broth mix,... - 48.661
Skewered Sweet And Sour Chicken
1. Cut small pieces of chicken, about 1-inch squares and keep aside in a shallow dish.
2. In a small skillet, brown sesame seed lightly over low heat.
3. In a blender container, put together sesame seed, soy sauce, garlic powder, sugar, vinegar,... - 48.5779
Basil Rice Stuffed Chicken
1. In blender container, place fresh basil leaves, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and blend about 30 seconds such that the mixture is reduced to small pieces.
2. In medium bowl, mix together basil mixture, rice, Parmesan cheese and walnuts.
3. In... - 48.5404
Tropical Sherbet Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 325°
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine coconut, nuts and melted margarine or butter and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Press mixture evenly onto bottom and up sides to form a firm even crust.
4. Bake in the... - 48.4923
Deluxe Mincemeat Puffs
1. In a large non-metallic bowl, combine all the ingredients for the mincemeat filling and leave to macerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven 425° F ( 220° C/ Gas 7)
3. Lightly oil two or three baking sheets.
4. On a lightly... - 48.3888
1) In a small bowl, mix together tomatoes, feta, pastrami, onion, and 2 tablespoons of parsley and keep aside.
2) Take a bowl and beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in it.
3) In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 2 teaspoons... - 48.3577
Soy Cake Without Wheat Flour
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients leaving sugar and soda.
3) Smoothly blend sugar and soda with the eggs.
4) Pour in orange juice and extracts to the egg mixture.
5) Later add milk and cream.
6)... - 48.357
Chicken Peanut Soup
1) Take a 2 ½ quart glass or ceramic casserole Cut the whole chicken into 3 or 4 pieces, discarding the fat.
2)Add the chicken pieces and half the onions into the casserole.
3)Remove the excess salt from the peanuts by rubbing them in a... - 48.3227
Chicken Stew With Potatoes And Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an oven proof casserole place the chicken.
3. Mix garlic, oregano, olive oil, mushrooms, marjoram, garlic, tomatoes, pepper and thyme.
4. Stir to mix the ingredients well.
5. Bake for 60 minutes... - 48.2615
Oriental Chicken And Water Chestnuts
1) Preheat oven to 500° F.
2) Take regular weight aluminum foil and tear off four 14 x 12 inch sheets from it. Oil lower half of the sheet with vegetable oil.
3) On the oiled portion of each sheet, place 1/8 red pepper, water... - 48.1664
Date Nugget Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F before baking.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until soft.
3. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating continuously until... - 48.164
Spiced Prawns In Coconut
1. In a bowl, mix all the spices together.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste
3. Stir in the vinegar and mix to a paste.
4. In a wok or a deep frying pan, heat oil.
5. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry gently until soft and golden brown.
6.... - 48.1331
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a medium-size nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat.
3. Stir in shallots and pepper.
4. Stir frequently and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add tomato, prunes, honey, rosemary, cinnamon, salt, and... - 48.0964
Solar Cooked Coconut Macaroons
Crispy macaroons done in the solar cooker. These golden brown delights turn out nicely! Due to the audio absence the video is non directional. Watch the video for more - 48.0867
Malaysian Scallops And Shrimp
1) Take a large bowl to place scallops and shrimp in it.
2) Take another bowl and stir together lime peel and juice, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, black pepper, green onion and oil in it.
3) Pour the prepared mixture over scallops and shrimp.
4) Cover... - 48.0643
Honey And Preserved Ginger Souffle
1. Heat honey in a pan placed over a double boiler (pan of simmering water).
2. Beat egg yolks and mix into honey.
3. Remove pan from water.
4. Add milk and mix with a wooden spoon till well blended.
5. Place pan over low heat and cook, stirring... - 48.0277
Lalli's Turkish Pilaf Tomatoes
1. Cut a small slice from the tops of the tomatoes.
2. With the help of a teaspoon, scoop out the pulp; leave the 1/2-inch-thick wall.
3. Chop the pulp coarsely and reserve ½ cup.
4. Discard seeds; as much as possible.
5. Season inside tomato... - 47.988
Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan.
Add the cinnamon and lime.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Add the rice and cook 25 minutes or until rice is done.
Remove cinnamon and lime peel.
Simmer the milk, sugar and salt in another large saucepan 20 minutesonly until... - 47.9139
Orange Coconut Mangles
For crust, combine the 1/2 cup flour and the 1/4 cup sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in pecans.
Press mixture into an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
Bake in a 350° oven for 18... - 47.9089
Chicken With Ginger Sauce
1) Take an electric blender or food processor container and puree together ginger, small onion, garlic and water in it. Set the mixture aside.
2) Take a Dutch oven or non-stick pan and fry chicken in it without any oil and keeping the skin side down.... - 47.8371