- » Asafoetida
Asafoetida, often spelt as asafetida is a lesser known spice which is easily distinguished by its pungent smell that appears because of its sulfur content. The spice has many nicknames like stinky finger, ... More »
See this interesting video that shares an excellent recipe to make traditional ukado which serves as a great natural remedy for digestive disorders. The video is wonderfully presented and the recipe uses all natural ingredients that are easily available in... - 94.722
1. Wash asparagus break off and discard tough white portion.
2. With vegetable parer scrape ends of asparagus.
3. Set aside 12 of the best spears about 5 inches long for decoration.
4. Cut rest of asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
5. Preheat oven... - 47.34
Potatoes With Asafoetida And Cumin
Wash, peel, and quarter potatoes.
Put them in bowl with cold water to cover.
In 2-3-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat.
As it heats, put potatoes in colander to drain.
When the fat is hot, put in the asafetida; after it sizzles (5 seconds), add the cumin... - 44.3561
Mushrooms With Cumin And Asafoetida
Chop off the coarse stem ends.
Heat oil in 3-quart pot over medium heat, and put in the asafetida.
It will sizzle and expand within 5 seconds.
Now add the cumin seeds, and as soon as they darken (5 to 10 seconds), the red peppers.
Stir once... - 42.8408
Sambar With Sambar Powder
1. Cook the washed pigeon peas with turmeric powder in 3 cups water.
2. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water.
3. Cook vegetables in 2 cups water. When the vegetables are cooked, strain and pour in the tamarind extract and the sambar powder.
4. Allow it to boil for... - 42.54
1. Soak the pigeon peas in water for one hour. Drain and grind to a coarse paste.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Shape into rounds, each the size of a large lime.
4. Flatten slightly, and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
5. Drain and... - 37.0735
Asafoetida Recipes By Category