- » Artichoke
Artichoke is a perennial plant and it is popularly known as ‘globe artichoke’. The flower of the artichoke looks like a big head with several scales of triangular shape. Each floret is of purple color. ... More »
Vegan Smokey Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach artichoke dip has to be one of the most popular appetizers of all time. Although the traditional varieties depend on dairy ingredients for their base, this vegan alternative is rich and creamy, with a hint of smokiness from cumin. Learn a tofu... - 136.842
Easy Steamed Artichokes With Tangy Dipping Sauce
Do you choke at the thought of artichoke? Many people avoid buying artichokes because they are not sure how to cook them, which is a shame because artichokes are incredibly tasty and also extremely good for you. They have no fat or cholesterol, lots of... - 128.555
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees F.
2. Using a knife, cut off the base stem, and 1 ½ inch from top of the artichoke. Pull out the tough outermost leaves and the yellow centre. Scrape and take out the fuzzy centre, leaving out the heart.
3. Trim,... - 121.856
Cream Of Artichoke Soup
This artichoke soup is easy to make, very satisfying and nice to serve at dinner parties. - 120.869
Grilled Artichokes is an amazing dish that is flavoured with the wonderful spices and grilled. Chef Amelia Ceja prepares this simple yet delicious dish - Grilled Artichokes! Paired with Ceja Vineyards' Sauvignon Blanc and Red Vino de Casa, this magical... - 120.365
Who doesn’t love artichokes… honestly. I know I love them! The problem is, they’re scary looking. How is anyone suppose to get all that delicious artichoke out from those spikey leaves?! Have no fear. I will show you. Now, this really isn’t hard to do... - 117.055
If you have been wondering all this while what Artichokes are and how to cook them, then this video is the answer to your questions. Learn basic tips of how to buy and prepare Artichoke for cooking afterwhich making any dish using artichoke will be an easy... - 115.447
If you are looking at easting healthy vegetable dishes, try this Stuffed Artichoke Leaves recipe. Artichokes are fiber and nutrient-rich and also low in calories. Moreover, this dish is very simple to prepare and uses a fabulous stuffing of freshly cut... - 114.3
Spinach Artichoke Dip
This popular Mexican variation of Spinach and Artichoke dip can make your traditional appetizers taste all the more delicious. As you make this fabulous delectable dish, feel yourself being in Mexico making one of the most popular dressing of the region. Chef... - 112.049
Spicy Chunky Salsa
Summer is the time when garden tomatoes are in abundance! What better use of them than to make a few bottles of fresh homemade salsa. This recipe is bursting with fresh simple flavors and spice. This chunky salsa pairs well with crispy corn chips or can be... - 110.089
The Sexy Vegan's- Boiled Artichokes
Most people avoid cooking artichokes owing to its complexity. The Sexy Vegan tells you how to dish out an yummy artichoke snack without any hassle. - 108.708
In a mood to have some veggies? Can't think of any dish? Don't worry, check this video in which our talented chef is going to show you how to make the perfect Simmered Artichokes. The artichokes can also be served with grilled chicken on the side. - 107.768
Crispy Artichoke Chips
Oh the artichoke, what a lovely, lovely thing to eat. If you are looking for a new way to enjoy this amazing vegetable, try these artichoke heart chips. They are light and full of flavor. Perfect as a garnish or a snack. - 107.242
Barbecued artichokes serve as an excellent appetizer for parties or holidays. Here is an impressive video that shares this interesting recipe. The video shows wonderful technique for preparing the artichokes for a barbeque. Simply amazing and must watch! - 107.111
Sunchokes - Raw Or Cooked
One of our first spring harvest veggies, Sunchokes or Jerusalem Artichokes are mostly grown organically by small farmers. Cook any way you would a potato or raw like a carrot. High in vitamins A & B, Iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iodine. Low-Carb,... - 103.348
Herb Braised Globe Artichokes
What better way to celebrate summer produce than to prepare these gorgeous herb braised artichokes. If you want to look good in your swim wear this summer, then this is what you should be making. Chef John makes a simple court bouillon to cook the... - 101.651
Simple Roasted Artichokes
This video recipe is so simple it's hard to call it a recipe. It's more like an anti-recipe. As you'll see below it just lists the ingredients, no amounts or measurements. This artichoke dish is a celebration of the non-recipe; trim some chokes, drizzle some... - 96.4358
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Chop the spinach and the artichoke.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the spinach, artichoke, garlic powder, minced fresh garlic,cayenne pepper,Asiago cheese and the Fontinella cheese.
4. Mix... - 94.9684
An interesting recipe to making hot cross buns….vegan style! A mix of many…many ingredients….the ultimate result is bound to be full of flavor! A mix of bananas and chocolate, these buns have a hint of sweetness too. Time consuming…so plan ahead! - 93.0766
The Chef's Kitchen-poached Artichoke With Grilled Zucchini
Poached artichokes can make a great appetizing dish. See this interesting video that displays a wonderful recipe for poached artichoke with grilled zucchini and saffron sauce. The chef here presents this flavorful dish in such an elegant manner that you would... - 92.9357
Artichokes Stuffed With Pancetta, Parsley And Lemon
Artichokes are a vegetable which has few cooking options, if this is what you have been thinking then watch this recipe. It is simple and makes a nice side dish. Here is the recipe and demonstration from the chef to you. - 89.6837
Grilling Fresh Artichokes
If you haven't had the slightest bit of idea on how to use an artichoke. This video does the justice what best to with them! Watch this video as the cook grills them up! - 87.9847
Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
There are some ingredients that create magic when paired together, like tomato and basil. This soup is an all time, all year favorite. Can be served hot or cold and makes a delicious meal with crusty bread. - 86.0371
Hot Artichoke Dip
This delicious artichoke dip is easy to make. Hot out of the oven, it's nice and bubbly and full of flavor. - 85.0724
Carrots With Artichoke Hearts
Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A. Here’s combining the best of taste and health. This carrots with artichoke hearts is for you if you love carrots. Get your kids too to eat vegetables with a smile. - 56.8033
Artichoke Lobster Newburg Casserole
It doesn't take much time to prepare this Artichoke Lobster Newburg - an impressively delicious pick for any occasion. Yes, this recipe for Artichoke Lobster Newburg has something more to the ordinary and will leave you with full satisfaction. - 51.3859
Braised Globe Artichokes
1. In a large mixing bowl, take lemon juice and pour three-quarters cold water.
2. Chop off the stems of the artichokes.
3. Discard the tough bottom leaves.
4. Chop off about 1 1/2 inches from the tops.
5. Snip the tops of the remaining leaves.... - 50.772
Artichokes A'la Grecque
Make Artichokes A' La Grecque! No other activity will relax you as much as this does. I thought of Simply yummy, what are the words that come to your mind instantly on tasting this Artichokes A' La Grecque recipe? - 50.348
Artichoke Fricassee makes for a delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and is quite unique for its blend of flavors. I made this Artichoke Fricassee recipe some time back for a get together and i had my guests drooling over it. Believe me, this is something... - 49.7207
An introduction to this Stuffed Artichokes to your longing taste buds is going to keep them from asking for anything else for a long time to come. Treat your family to this Stuffed Artichokes and they are going to adore you for it. - 48.9487
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°.
2. Into a bowl, drain artichokes, reserving liquid from 1 jar.
3. Using a knife, chop artichokes; set aside.
4. In a skillet, cook onion in reserved liquid in skillet until tender.
5. In a large mixing bowl,... - 48.8863
Carciofi Al Tegame Alla Romana
1. Trim the artichokes bases flat so that they can stand upright. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
2. Bend and snap off the small bottom leaves and any outer leaves that are bruised or loose. Lay each artichoke on its side and slice about 1 inch off... - 48.7236
Artichoke Heart Hot Dish
A yummy combination of artichoke cooked with a variety of vegetables and seasoned with the choicest of spices. A tasty side dish that can make any meal feel great. - 48.3429
Baked Artichoke Squares
Baked artichoke squares are cheesy vegetable squares. Prepared with added celery and mushrooms, the artichoke squares are combined with cheese and eggs to form a mixture. Flavored with herbs and a dash of red pepper, the baked artichoke squares are savory and... - 48.2496
Simmered Beans And Artichokes
Place water in 4-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 minutes, or until water boils.
Place bulgur in medium mixing bowl.
Add boiling water.
Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to soften.
Drain and press out excess moisture.
In 2-quart... - 48.1574
Artichoke Hearts And Pecans
Artichoke hearts and pecans…have you tried this delicious combination? It is a great dish that makes a complete meal. Cook this for dinner and enjoy the compliments that come your way. - 47.7375
Leaf Artichokes With Mayonnaise
1. In large kettle, combine 6 quarts water with the oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Place the kettle over heat. Boil.
3. Trim stalk from base of artichokes to get 1 inch slices.
4. Snip off spike ends and remove discolored... - 47.6699
Artichoke Hearts With Herb Cream
1) Follow the packet instructions and cook the artichokes
2) Add the lemon juice, garlic and salt to the water
3) Drain the hearts onto absorbent towel and allow to cool
4) Into a mixer bowl add the cream cheese and beat till smooth
5)... - 47.6576
Marinated Artichoke Hearts
If you are you looking for a great appetizer recipe, then Marinated Artichoke Hearts is the one! A good way to use up excess artichokes is to make some delicious Marinated Artichoke Hearts. Add this Marinated Artichoke Hearts recipe to your favorites and... - 47.6504
Artichokes A La Grecque
This Artichokes A La Grecque recipe is an uncomplicated one which even a toddler can put together. Its easy and takes very little time in preparation. Try this Artichokes A La Grecque, there is no way you can go wrong with this artichokes recipe. - 47.6196
Crosnes A La CrÃ¨me
Combine water, lemon juice and flour in a saucepan.
Bring to the boiling point and lower the heat to medium.
Scrub, wash and drain the crosnes.
Drop into the water and cook for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
Heat the butter and oil in a deep... - 47.5459
1) Slice 1-inch off the top and bottom of each artichoke. Trim the sharp ends of the outer leaves. Brush the artichokes with lemon juice.
2) Arrange the artichokes in a 8X8-inch baking dish. Pour in 1/4 cup of water. Wrap the mouth of the dish... - 47.4956
Chicken And Mushrooms With Fresh Artichokes
1) Discard the stem and 2 or 3 outer layers of artichoke leaves and trim away 2/3 inches from the top of the artichokes.
2) Cut each artichoke in half.
3) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
4) Fill a saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of salted... - 47.4868
1) Add in the frozen artichoke hearts into a 1 1/2-quart casserole with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover the dish.
2) Microwave on HIGH for about 9 minutes or till the artichokes just turn tender. Halfway between the cooking time stir the hearts to break... - 47.4708
Preheat oven to 325°.
Butter baking pan.
Cook artichokes in boiling water with lemon slices and garlic.
Invert and cool until they can be handled.
Before beginning sauce, remove leaves from each artichoke.
Using a spoon, scrape pulp from inner sides of... - 47.4354
Spinach-stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
This Spinach-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms is from my Mom's cookbook; an easy to prepare treat for any occasion! An irresitible combination of artichokes and spinach - this Spinach-Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms is something you must not miss out on! - 47.3803
Artichokes With Olives A La Grecque
Lip smacking Artichokes With Olives a La Grecque recipe is a standard dish on the menu for all my family get-togethers. Try this just once and you will certainly continue with it! - 47.2639
Marinated Carrots With Artichokes
1. Cut carrots into slanting slices 1/2-inch-thick.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil. Stir in carrots and cook covered for 8 minutes.
3. Add water, lemon juice and peel, salt, sugar, and pepper.
4. Boil and add artichoke hearts. Cook until for 4... - 47.0703
Creamed Jerusalem Artichokes
1) Cut artichokes into 1/2" cubes after peeling them.
2) Take a large saucepan and place artichokes in it followed by adding water and lemon juice.
3) Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes till they just begins to be soft.
4) Drain the excess liquid.
5) In... - 46.9675
1) Boil a large pan of salted water.
2) To prepare the artichokes, use a sharp knife to cut off the stems first and then slice off the top third of each artichoke. Throw away the trimmings and rub the cut surfaces with the lemon in order to... - 46.9179
To make the artichokes: Trim the stems and 1" from the top of each artichoke.
Rub all the cut edges of the artichokes with the lemon halves.
Using kitchen shears, trim the thorny tips of the leaves.
Place the artichokes in a saucepot with 1" of water and... - 46.8339
Artichoke Velvet Casserole
Drain and quarter artichoke hearts.
Place in a dry skillet over moderate heat until most of the juice evaporates.
Sprinkle with lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter and stir over heat until artichokes are coated.
Empty into casserole.
Drain mushroom stems and... - 46.8241
1) Prepare dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
2)Under cold running water, wash the artichokes and drain them well.
3) Cut the... - 46.7112
Cheesy Artichoke Bake
A cheesy artichoke bake…a delightful combination of lots of cheese and artichokes. A yummy way to a great dinner. Try it!! - 46.4679
1) Add in 1/4 cup of hot water and the instant chicken bouillon granules in a 1-cup measurer. Stir well till the bouillon dissolves.
2) Add in the dissolved mixture into a 3-quart casserole along with the cubed potatoes, sliced carrots, chopped onions,... - 46.4314
Artichoke Hearts Au Gratin
Cook artichokes as directed on the pkg.
Reserve 1/2 cup liquid.
Melt butter in saucepan.
Stir in seasonings and flour.
Gradually stir in artichoke liquid and milk.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Remove from heat.
Stir hot... - 46.3129
Marinated Shrimp And Artichoke Hearts
1. To prepare artichoke hearts cook them according to package directions, drain and refrigerate.
2. Cook shrimp in boiling salted water until just pink.
3. Drain and cool about 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle, peel and devein.
4.... - 46.2748
Preheat oven to 325°.
Grease baking dish.
Drain oil from marinated artichoke hearts into a small skillet; add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
Mix artichokes, oil, onions, garlic, cheese, eggs, and all seasonings in mixing bowl.
Pour... - 46.1828
Gourmet Artichoke Hearts
If you thought gourmet dishes were possible only from a restauranr, then here's something. This Gourmet Artichoke Hearts is a easy and simple gourmet dish that would make any spread look great. - 46.1556
Eggs In Artichokes
Eggs In Artichokes is a unique stuffed vegetable dish that goes well with any dinner spread. This dish is perfect for dinner parties. Follow this easy Eggs In Artichokes recipe to cook a wining dish for your guests. - 46.1322
Braised Fish With Artichoke Hearts And Red Peppers
Rinse the fish fillets and set aside.
In a large nonreactive skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil for 3 minutes.
Thinly slice the bell pepper lengthwise, add it to the onions, and continue to saute for 3 more minutes.
Drain the artichoke hearts,... - 46.1175
Prawn Lime And Artichoke Macaroni
Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan in masses of boiling salted water until almost tender, drain and toss in a little additional butter.
Melt the butter, stir in the flour and, after cooking gently for a few minutes, add the milk, wine and stock cube.
Stir... - 46.003
1) Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise.
2) In a saucepan place together butter, salt, pepper and lemon.
3) Stream in water to cover artichokes.
4) Put the lid on and heat to boil for 20 minutes or until they are cooked through.
5) Pour of the water... - 45.9616
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Casserole
Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade; set artichokes aside.
Place marinade in a wide frying pan and add mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is limp.
Remove pan from heat.
Squeeze spinach to remove... - 45.8098
Stuffed Hors D'oeuvre Artichokes
1) Snap off the artichoke stems at the base and discard the tough outer leaves.
2) Cut away the edges from the artichoke base.
3) Remove the top third of each artichoke by cutting to remove the spiny tips.
4) Place the artichokes upside down on... - 45.7024
Stuffed Artichokes is an irresistible mouth-watering recipe. An easy to prepare recipe, Stuffed Artichokes is a dish that you would surely love to try. - 45.6546
Break off stems of artichoke; cut off 1 inch (2.5 cm) from tops.
Using scissors, cut off tips of leaves.
Brush artichokes with lemon juice.
Place in shallow dish; cover with vented plastic wrap.
Microwave at High for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost... - 45.6181
Artichokes Barigoule is an irresistible side dish recipe that you will surely love to try. A recipe prepared with vegetable and vermouth; I am sure you will enjoy this Artichokes Barigoule!. - 45.4126
Shellfish Baked With Artichokes
1. Prepare four 12-inch square pieces of parchment paper or aluminum foil, fold in half and cut out a half-heart shape on the fold.
2. In a non stick skillet, heat oil, add garlic and sautÃ©, add lemon juice, dried thyme, salt, pepper... - 45.288
Artichokes A La Politika
Artichokes A La Politika is a very tempting side dish recipe that you must try out. Prepare the Artichokes A La Politika effortlessly in a jiffy and let us know after you've enjoyed it ! - 45.2702
Artichokes Stuffed With Shrimp And Scallops
1)Use a large skillet mix shrimp ,bay scallops,lime juice, celery ,onion, cilantro and olive oil.
2)Let it boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
3)After some time transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let it cool.
4)In the mean-time... - 45.1802
Tuna Stuffed Artichokes
1. Using a kitchen shear trim out the sharp points from artichoke leaves.
2. Trim stems and take out the loose outer leaves.
3. Cut an inch from the tops and brush cut edges using lemon juice.
4. Into a large covered saucepan or Dutch... - 45.1221
Garden Fresh Tomato Aspic
Cut off stems of tomatoes.
Prepare tomato shells by scooping out pulp; reserve pulp.
To drain, invert tomato shells on paper toweling.
Place reserved pulp in blender container.
Cover; blend till pureed.
Sieve to remove seeds.
Measure 2 cups puree.
In saucepan... - 45.1184
Enjoy a refreshing Stuffed Artichokes that is truly delicious. A tempting veggie recipe made with sirloin and artichokes is very simple to prepare and makes everyone want it again-n-again. - 45.0476
Fresh Tomato Aspic
Scallop stem ends of tomatoes and remove slice from tops.
Scoop out pulp and place in blender or processor; blend until pureed.
Turn shells upside down to drain.
Strain, measuring 2 cups pulp with juice.
Combine pulp, juice and gelatin in a saucepan.
Bring to... - 45.031
Braised Artichokes make a great side dish. The ingredients are easily available and the recipe is simple. whenever I am in doubt in selecting a dish for my menu, Braised Artichoke is one of my preferences. Try this recipe and share your feedback. - 45.0304
Fresh Artichoke Appetizers
Slice about 1/2 inch off top of artichoke to remove main cluster of thorns; break off small leaves at base of artichoke and, with scissors, cut thorny tips from remaining exterior leaves.
With a knife, cut away dark green surface of base and stem, trimming... - 44.9991
Artichoke Veal Chops
Trim fat from veal chops.
Combine cracked pepper and crushed peppercorns in a small bowl; rub mixture over chops.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add chops, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until... - 44.9834
Scalloped Oysters And Artichokes
Cook the artichoke hearts 2 minutes less than package directs.
Drain the oysters.
Mix the oyster liquor with the broth, dry milk, salt, pepper, onions and parsley.
Mix in the oysters and artichokes.
Oil a baking dish and spread half the bread crumbs on... - 44.8966
Spinach Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
1. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. In a large sized skillet, brush a thin coat of oil and heat.
3. Once pan is hot, add onions and garlic and sautÃ© till onions turn translucent.
4. Add spinach, cheese and nutmeg. Mix well and cook... - 44.8191
Braised Artichokes Provencal
1) Set the oven to 325° F.
2) Cut off and discard the top 1/3 of each artichoke, then cut remaining 2/3 lengthwise into four and remove chokes.
3) In a large flameproof casserole, take butter and oil and sauté onion, carrot, and garlic... - 44.668
1. In a medium bowl, prepare the filling by combining all the ingredients together. Toss the ingredients till well blended.
2. Wash the artichokes and trim off the stems of the artichokes. Remove the discolored leaves and trim off the spike... - 44.6655
Spinach Artichoke Bake
Cook spinach according to package directions; drain.
Reserve several whole mushrooms; slice remaining mushrooms.
Saute sliced mushrooms in 4 tablespoons butter.
Melt remaining butter in saucepan; blend in flour.
Add milk; cook, stirring, until sauce is... - 44.5925
Artichokes With Sauce Vinaigrette (globe)
Here is an appetizer with a difference! Artichokes With Sauce Vinaigrette is a super simple, super tasty recipe! Simply flavored with herbs and pepper, this is a must0try recipe. Easy eater, Fussy eater...no problem! Try this dish and watch everyone savor it! - 44.5635
Bacon Nut Stuffed Artichokes
1 Place bacon on a microwave rack in a 12-inch-square microwave baker.
2 Cover bacon with a white paper towel.
3 Microwave at 100% (HIGH) for 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp.
4 Give dish a half turn after 4 minutes.
5 Remove bacon and drain... - 44.5165
Clip barbs from artichokes.
Boil in water seasoned with salt, red pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice, until tender.
Mix cheese, bread crumbs, garlic and olive oil.
Mixture must be very moist.
Stuff between leaves of artichokes.
Make a band of foil around... - 44.48
Shrimp With Artichoke Hearts
Add onion to the 1/4 cup melted butter and saute until soft and yellow.
Stir in flour until well blended.
Add milk to mushroom liquid to make1 2/2 cups liquid.
Gradually add this liquid to the butter-flour mixture.
Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, shrimp,... - 44.4343
Golden Stuffed Artichokes
Prepare artichokes by discarding the tough outer leaves.
Snip tips off leaves with scissors and cut off stems.
In 3 quart casserole, place artichokes, water and salt.
Microwave at HIGH (10) 12 to 14 minutes.
Remove artichokes and place upside down to... - 44.4163
Artichokes In Casserole
My longing for Artichokes In Casseroles strengthened during high school days. This Artichokes In Casseroles when served as Main Dish is sure to please your family members. Never ever miss out on this great Artichokes In Casseroles recipe. - 44.4123
1. In 3/4 cup water, soften the gelatin.
2. In a saucepan, pour in the soup, tomato juice and 1 juice can water and bring in to the boiling point.
3. Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved and set aside to cool.
4. Add seasonings to taste, lemon... - 44.3861
Arbi Ki Tarkari
1)Take a wok and heat ghee on medium heat, and add asafoetida and carom seeds.
2)Add next 4 ingredients, one by one and stir well.
3)Give few splashes of water and cover the wok. Cook for about 15 minutes until the arbis are tender.
4)Remove lid and... - 44.3649
1) Cut and discard artichoke stems and trim the base leaves to enable the artichokes to stand upright.
2) Lay the artichokes on their sides and slice 1 cm/1/2 inch off the top of the centre cone of leaves.
3) Trim off the points of the rest of... - 44.3201
Chicken And Artichoke Hearts
Chop onion finely.
Skin chicken; sprinkle with salt.
Heat butter in frying pan; brown chicken.
Remove chicken from pan.
Saute onion and paprika in remaining butter; remove pan from heat.
Stir in flour; return to heat.
Gradually add stock; stir until mixture... - 44.2104
Artichoke Recipes By Category