- » Appam
Appam (Telugu), or aappam hoppers, also known as apam and gundappam, are essentially fermented rice pancakes which are an important part of South Indian and Sri Lankan cuisines. The dish is a specialty of Tamil Nadu ... More »
Appam-south Indian Delight
One of my favourite breakfast is appam with fresh coconut syrup-terribly decandent. I usually only ate this once per stay, when I stayed at the malabar in Kochi as it is toooo good.
They are easy to make, but they take a little practice to make perfect. The... - 70.0398
Palappam or paalappam is a traditional dish from Kerala, made from a fermented batter of rice and coconut milk. Hence the name ‘paalappam’ – meaning milk bread. The paalapam is made in a special mold called the ‘appa kal’ or the ‘appa chatti’. - 0
You May Also Like!
Appam has a lovely taste. Appam gets its taste from rice mixed coconut. Appam is loved by many people around the world. - 35.5261
Indonesian Lemongrass Chicken With Flavored Appam
A delicious Indonesian Lemongrass chicken recipe that will be done in no time at all. Serve hot with flavored appams (Indian Pancake). Savor an appetizing meal with rich flavors that linger on for a while. - 48.1432
Appam By Tarla Dalal
Appam is a famous dish from the keralite repertoire of South Indian cooking. This recipe is an easy-to-make, instant version of the otherwise tough-to-make dish. Since yeast is used, the batter need not be fermented for long unlike the traditional version.... - 0
If you are looking for healthy and wholesome breakfast ideas, try making these aapams. Are they dosas? No, aapams are like dosas but are so light and spongy that you can eat a plate full of them. This video shows how to make appams from scratch. The most... - 126.005
Appam is a traditional breakfast in Kerala. It is crispy on the edges and soft in the center. Usually served with vegetable stew, it is very well complimented by fish curry or egg curry. - 0
1. Soak cleaned rice for one hour. Grind coarsely. Add jaggery and grind to a smooth paste.
2. Thin down to batter consistency with water.
3. Mix in pepper and grated coconut.
4. Heat fat in a deep frying pan. Pour ladleful of this batter and deep fry till... - 30.2386
Ethakka Appam/pazham Pori (sweet Banana Fritter)
Ethakka appam or Pazham pori as it is commonly called is a very common evening snack in Kerala. It is very tasty as it includes the sweetness of banana as well as the sugar. It is serve hot with tea. This is one of the best snack that can be enjoyed during... - 0
Ethekka Appam Banana Fritters
1. Cut each banana into 3 pieces, lengthwise.
2. Make a thick batter with both the flours and 1/2 cup water. Add sugar and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Dip the banana slices in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
4. Drain off the excess oil and... - 34.9769
1. Melt jaggery in 1 cup water and cook to make a thick syrup.
2. Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl to form a soft, thick batter of dropping consistency.
3. Drop spoonfuls of the batter into hot oil and deep fry till golden brown. If an... - 34.4957
Udida Appo/paniyaram/urad Appam
Soak rice and dal separately for 3-4 hours.
Grind them separately to a smooth paste and keep in different containers.
Allow it to ferment for 10-12 hours.
Mix both the batter together, add salt and mix well.
Heat Paniyaram pan and add some oil to all the... - 32.0666
1. Wash and soak rice. Drain and dry for a little while.
2. Pound well. Roast slightly. Sieve through a fine sieve.
3. Remove the coarser powder that remains on the sieve and to it add 1 cup water.
4. Cook together till tender.
5. Add to the sifted flour with... - 40.569
Appam Recipes By Category