Anti aging diet is the diet which aids in curbing the symptoms of aging like wrinkles, decreased brain function, memory loss, osteoporosis, cardiovascular risk and cancers. In many studies, it was found that there is a strong link behind diet and aging. Normally the foods and beverages consisting of phytonutrients are normally recommended to curb the aging process. These phytonutrients curb the free radicals that trigger many diseases like cancer, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, etc. With age, the body becomes prone to be affected with cellular inflammation and oxidative stress. The foods rich in phytonutrients aid in destroying these free radicals and in curbing the severity of serious ailments.
Anti Aging Diet: Foods to Eat
Health experts say that the anti-aging foods should have lots of healthy foods. They also say that anti-aging foods need not be expensive or special, rathr, some of the common foods that we consume daily can prove beneficial than others. According to expert opinion, the following foods can aid in regulating good health and also slow down the aging process:
- Water: This is called a universal solvent and it saves from dehydration of body parts and also helps to flush out unnecessary toxins from the body.
- Fish: According to American Heart Association, the cold water fishes or fishes rich in omega-3 fatty acids should be consumed to snub inflammations that crop up during the aging process.
- Yogurt: They have all health enriching properties as expected. The probiotic bacteria normally aids in regularizing the digestion process. Digestive system is the first vital organ to get affected in the aging process.
- Fruits and Vegetables: They are loaded with nutrients especially the colored ones. Atleast, 5 servings of fruits and vegetables are recommended during the day.
- Tea: White tea, herbal tea, black tea, and oolong tea are normally recommended as the part of anti-aging diet because they are power packed with antioxidants that aid in curbing the actions of free radicals produced during the oxidation.
Anti Aging Diet: Food Restrictions
Experts suggest that the foods termed as pro-inflammatory should be avoided to the maximum to slow down the aging process. Following are some of the nutrients that are termed as pro-inflammatory:
- Trans and Saturated Fats
- Fatty Acids