- » Anjou Pear
Anjou Pear Recipes
Enjoy our collection of anjou pear recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for anjou pear recipes.
Pear Pie With Red Wine
Line an 8 or 9 inch glass pie plate with pie crust.
Flute edge; prick bottom and sides of crust with fork.'Cook on "roast" setting for 7 minutes.
Meanwhile cut pears in half, peel and remove cores.
In a glass bowl, add pears, sugar, cinnamon, and wine.
Cover... - 29.1434
Asiago With Pears
Divide pears and cheese between 2 dessert plates.
Present with dessert knives and forks.
Serve butter in small crock or ramekin to spread on bread. - 19.2134
Hot Baked Fresh Pears
Slice the pears in half lengthwise; do not peel.
Remove the core and seeds.
Place the pears cut side down in a shallow baking pan.
Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the pears.
Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until the... - 35.9116
Caramelized Pears Deluxe
Heat oven to 500°.
Arrange pear quarters round sides up in single layer in ungreased baking dish, 8 X 8 X 2 inches.
Sprinkle with sugar; dot with butter.
Bake uncovered until sugar melts and turns golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
Pour whipping cream evenly... - 24.8012
Baked Ruby Pears
Early in day: In medium saucepan, mix cardamom with honey; stir in cranberry juice and food color; simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
and peel pears, leaving stems intact.
(Cut thin slices from bottoms so pears will stand upright when... - 38.2717
Peel pears with a vegetable peeler.
Cut in half and remove core with melon bailer.
In a bowl, combine water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
In a stainless steel or enameled saucepan, combine wine and sugar.
Add zest, food coloring and... - 36.5942
Baked Pears With Anise Seeds
Set pears upright in a shallow baking pan just large enough to hold them side by side.
Melt butter in a small pan; remove from heat and stir in water, sugar, and anise seeds.
Pour over pears.
Bake in a 375° oven, basting occasionally with pan juices, until... - 24.6176
Fresh Pear Sauce
In a heavy medium saucepan combine pears, vanilla bean and water; cover.
Cook over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until pears yield juice.
Cook until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons, stirring frequently.
Into pears scrape seed from vanilla... - 35.0356
Pears With Cream Cheese
Peel, halve lengthwise, and core one pear per serving.
Dip halves into lemon water or pineapple juice to prevent discoloring.
Add nuts, seeds, or bits to taste to cream cheese.
Spread on pear halves and press together.
Spoon honey over pears in individual... - 25.7821
In a deep 3 1/2-quart or larger electric slow cooker, mix sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
Peel pears; then core, starting from blossom ends and leaving stems attached.
Stand pears upright in cooker on top of sugar mixture (if necessary, trim bases so pears stand... - 44.1051
Pears In Orange Sauce
Combine sugar, water, orange juice, lemon juice, orange rind, salt and vanilla in 3-qt. glass casserole.
Cover and microwave at high setting 6 minutes, or until mixture boils.
Add pear halves.
Cover and microwave at high setting 14 minutes, or until pears are... - 34.3892
Northwest Style Pear Tartlets
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place phyllo shells on a baking sheet.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine hazelnuts, cheese and pear.
4. Fill the shells with the pear mixture.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and starting to bubbl - 21.0753
To make pear topping: Place rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 425 degrees F.
Heat oil in a 7- or 8-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
Add brown sugar and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sugar has partially... - 41.3838
Pears With Butterscotch Sauce
Peel the pears, halve them lengthwise and core.
Toss with the lemon juice and granulated sugar.
Rotate in the Flat Standard Basket for 30 minutes or until tender.
Remove to serving bowls and top with Butterscotch Sauce.
To make sauce, combine the evaporated... - 31.3799
Do you want a delicious Pears Vefour recipe? The European Pears Vefour is a delight to serve and enjoy. There is not a single month when I don't serve this yummy Dessert! Is there a higher crime than reading about this Pears Vefour and not trying it out? - 48.1874
Peel, core, and thinly slice pears.
In a 10 to 12-inch pan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
Add pears and cook until slices are lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Add sugar, rum, lemon peel, and juice.
Boil on high heat until sauce is thick enough to cling... - 29.6048
Chocolate Pear Delight
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan; blend in flour. In a separate pan, combine milk, cocoa and sugar and heat until hot but not boiling; add immediately to flour mixture, stirring constantly.
3. Beat egg yolks... - 29.4678
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Slice the pears and place evenly in a 9 x 9 inch pan.
3) Combine all the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture over the pears.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Alternately,... - 39.1917
Pear Port Soup
Pear Port Soup is a delicious appetizer recipe that you will simply love to serve to your loved ones. I am sure, once you try this, you will always crave for some more. - 27.6385
Baked Amaretti Stuffed Pears With Toasted Almonds
In a food processor crush the cookies to coarse crumbs.
Place the crumbs in a medium bowl and pour brandy over the crumbs.
Trim the bottom of the pears just so they can stand upright.
With a melon bailer hollow out the core from the bottom.
Fill each cavity... - 40.955
Winter Pear And Stilton Salad
Winter pear and stilton salad is a vegetable pear salad. Prepared with a honey mustard vinaigrette, the winter pear and stilton salad is a cheese, fruit and vegetable combo salad. Made with mixed salad greens, lettuce leaves, stilton or gorgonzola cheese, the... - 41.6581
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Assemble the mise en place trays. Butter an 11- by 7-by 2-inch rectangular or oval baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and the remaining... - 38.3561
Pear Salad Bowl
Core pears and slice into wedges; cut avocado in half and remove seed.
Peel avocadG; cut into wedges.
Line salad bowl with crisp lettuce.
Arrange pear and avocado wedges in in bowl; sprinkle with pecans.
Combine remaining ingredients in pint jar.
Cover; shake... - 39.3011
Preheat oven to 350Â°.
Oil or butter a 9 x 9 x 2-inch square baking dish or pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and ginger.
In another bowl, beat together butter, egg substitute, cream yogurt, almond extract,... - 40.7901
Watercress & Pear Salad
In a small pan, combine ginger, figs, vinegar, and 1/2 cup of the water.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until figs are very tender when pierced (35 to 40 minutes).
Set pan aside and let stand, covered, until figs are completely... - 33.9818
Father Tim's Poached Pears With Chocolate Sauce
Place 2 cups of the water, the wine, 1 1/2 cups sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and vanilla in a large saucepan.
Peel the pears, leaving the core and the stem intact.
Cut a small piece off the bottom of each pear, so they can stand up.
Dip the pears in the... - 47.1342
Puffy Pear Pancake
Place an 8- to 10-inch frying pan with ovenproof handle over medium heat.
Add anise seed and butter.
When butter melts, add pears; cook until fruit is lightly browned on both cut and rounded sides, about 10 minutes; turn pears over occasionally.
When pears... - 41.2423
1. In a medium-size bowl stir together 1 cup of flour, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the salt. Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold water and stir until the mixture forms a dough. Knead the dough 1 minute,... - 36.5047
Pear Tart With Cream
1) In a pan, add the wine, sugar, and ginger, allow to boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
2) Peel, halve and core the pears, then poach in the wine syrup for 10 minutes or until just tender.
3) Drain the pears and reserve the syrup.
4) Boil or add water to... - 42.4476
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper liners; set aside.
3. Wash and core but do not peel the pear. Grate the pear into a small bowl; you should have about 1 cup.
4. In another small bowl combine the flour, cornmeal and baking... - 34.9365
Pork And Pear Saute With Lemon Vodka Sauce
1. Sprinkle about a quarter teaspoon each of salt and pepper over the chops
2. On a nonstick skillet, add a teaspoon of oil and heat it over a medium flame; add the chops and saute for three minutes
3. Keep turning the chops around and, when done,... - 42.0439
Pear Mince Oatmeal Bars
Pear Mince Oatmeal Bars has a wonderful taste. Pear Mince Oatmeal Bars gets its taste from butter mixed with mincemeat and flavored with lemon juice. Pear Mince Oatmeal Bars if you like meat with fruit then try this Pear Mince Oatmeal Bars recipe. - 36.3512
Lemon Pear Parfait
Combine grapenuts, coconut, brown sugar, and butter.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions.
Alternate layers of cereal mixture, pears, and pudding in dessert dishes; chill. - 26.3917
Pear Cobbler With Ginger Crust
1. In a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart (1.4- to 1.9-liter) casserole, combine pears and lime juice. Add syrup; mix gently to coat fruit evenly. Spread out fruit in an even layer; set aside.
2. In a food processor or a medium-size bowl, whirl or stir together... - 24.6748
Pear Braised Pork Chops With Cabbage
1. Core and peel the pear and chop it roughly. In a food processor with shredding blade, shred the pear, onion and cabbage.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Dredge the pork lightly in... - 36.461
Preheat oven to 375Â°.
Lightly oil or spray an ovenproof 9-inch glass or ceramic deep-dish pie plate.
Peel pears, slice them, and arrange half the slices in the pie plate.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger.
Place the rest of the slices on top.
In a small... - 43.1547
Compote Of Pears And Grapes
1) In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, dissolve the sugar in the water.
2) Stir in the lemon juice and spices and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Add the pears gently into the boiling syrup and poach, until tender.
4) Allow the pears to cool in... - 39.6776
Mocha Poached Pears
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large pan.
Bring to a boil.
Remove core from blossom end of pears, leaving stem in place, and peel.
Put pears gently into boiling syrup, reduce heat, cover, and let cook until pears pierce easily with a fork, about 10-20... - 40.5424
Zinfandel Sorbet With Poached Pears
1. For making the Zinfandel Sorbet: In a medium saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatine over cold water and let stand 1 minute.
2. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in sugar until dissolved, then... - 46.8467
Pear Or Apple Crisp
Peel and slice the pears or apples into a buttered 9-inch-square baking pan, sprinkle with the spices, and add the lemon juice and water.
Mix the sugar and flour, and work in the butter to make a crumbly mixture.
Spread this over the fruit.
Bake uncovered in... - 31.6082
Spicy Pear Dumplings
Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
Cut in lard with a pastry blender or two knives until pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle enough water over mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time,mixing lightly with a fork after each addition until dough can... - 41.2209
Spicy Pear Dumplings
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in lard with a pastry blender or two knives until pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle enough water over mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork after each addition until dough... - 36.3659
Pear Upside Down Oatmeal Cake
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cut each pear in half lengthwise (do not core).
Cut 2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices from the cut side of each pear half to get 8 slices; set slices aside.
Chop remaining pear to measure 1/2 cup; set aside.
Coat bottom of a 9-inch round cake... - 42.6443
Free Form Pear Tart
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degees C.
2.In a bowl, mix pears, sgar, flour and mic well.
3.Add in lemon juice and mix.
4.On the flored work surface, roll out the pastry ton 15 inch diameter circle.
5.Take an ungreased baking... - 40.3476
Baked Pear With Wildflower Honey, Wine, And Vanilla
1. Start by preheating the oven to 400° F,
2. Start trimming the bottoms of the pears so that they stand upright.
3. In an ovenproof dish, place the pears
4. In a bowl, pour honey with the wine and mix it properly, then spoon it over... - 43.0135
Plum Pear Ketchup
In a large, heavy, nonaluminum pot, combine the plums, pears, and raisins, cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Adjust the heat to medium and let the fruit simmer for about 20 minutes until it is soft.
Remove the lid, mash the fruit with the back... - 44.0422
Pear N Cheese Pie
Day before: Soften gelatine in cold water.
In double-boiler top, beat egg yolks; stir in lemon juice and rind, 1/4 cup sugar, salt.
Cook over boiling water, stirring, until mixture thickens; then add softened gelatine; stir until dissolved; remove from... - 42.5273
Pear Almond Tart
FOR THE PASTRY DOUGH, cut the butter into the flour until it has the texture of coarse crumbs.
Stir in the salt, followed by just enough water to form a supple dough.
Lightly work the dough with the palm of your hand for about 30 seconds to ensure that it is... - 42.1255
Pear & Radish Cabbage Slaw
In a salad bowl, mix together lemon juice and honey.
Cut pears in quarters and trim away stem and core.
Thinly slice fruit crosswise into bowl and mix gently to coat with dressing.
Mound cabbage and radishes onto fruit.
If made ahead, cover and chill up to 2... - 34.7626
Caramel Pear & Walnut Tart
Lay pie shell in a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
Fold pastry edge down into pan and press flush with pan rim.
With a fork, prick bottom of pie shell about 15 times.
Bake in a 400° oven until medium golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Cool on a... - 41.0157
Pear Pepper Pie
In a large bowl, mix sugar, tapioca, and pepper.
Peel, core, and thinly slice pears to make 8 cups.
Mix pears with sugar mixture; set aside.
On a floured board, roll out half the pastry into a 1/8-inch-thick round.
Fit into a 9-inch pie pan; trim excess from... - 36.5225
Pear, Parsnip, And Potato Pancakes
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375° F
2. In a food process fine grating blade, start grating the potato and parsnips
3 .In a colander, put the grated potato and parsnips, now rinse water for about 3 minutes, until the excess starch... - 44.4909
Ginger Glazed Pear Ring
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together pears with raisins, nuts and lemon peel; keep aside.
3. Grease a baking sheet and keep aside.
4. In a large bowl, stir yeast in warm water.
5. Add biscuit mix,... - 46.9592
1. Dissolve the sugar in the water; add the lemon juice and spices and simmer in a pan with a tightly fitting lid for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Peel the pears carefully and cut a slice off the bottom of each so that they will remain upright. Leave stems intact.
3.... - 39.4371