- » Andalusian
Andalusian food is cooked in the Andalusia region of Spain. The Romans, Moors, and many other races invaded the region and left behind their cooking influences and Andalucian dishes that created the modern Andalucian ... More »
Tripe Andaluz Style
Place the tripe and calf s feet in a large, heavy pot.
Add the chick-peas, onion, ham bone, garlic, paprika, carrots, mint, parsley, bay leaf and a pinch of salt, and cover with water.
Bring the water to a boil over high heat and boil for 10 minutes.
Then... - 46.0082
Andalusian Steak Rolls
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a shallow baking dish, mix together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and black pepper for the marinade.
3) Mix in flank steak and toss it to coat well.
4) Marinate the steak in the covered... - 44.7239
Mix together the ingredients for the stuffing, with salt and pepper to taste.
Use to stuff the chicken and close with a skewer or trussing thread.
Melt the butter with the oil in a flameproof casserole.
Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
Add the onion... - 42.9475
1) Snap off the ends of the green beans.
2) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 375°F.
3) Discard any fat or sinew from the meat.
4) Scatter with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
5) Remove the seeds and devein the... - 42.8675
Andalusian Rice Salad
1) Boil water, add salt and converted rice, cover, and cook it slowly until rice is just tender.
2) Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and onion and make the vinaigrette sauce.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Drain the pimiento and cut narrow... - 42.3616
Slice finely 2 medium onions.
Saute in 2 oz. butter until soft.
Do not let them brown.
Add 1 1/2 pints stock, 2 tablespoons tomato puree, 3/4 lb. sliced potatoes, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon oregano, and a bouquet garni of 1 bay leaf, 3 sticks celery, 6... - 39.6963
Andalusian Stewed Heart
Put heart into pot with stock and salt.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Blend flour with tomato juice, Essence of Sweet Herbs, milk, yeast, basil and allspice.
Add to heart along with soy grits and rice.
Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
Add peas and cook... - 35.7034
Oil bottom of baker.
Cover with shallots, eggplant and peppers.
Close and bake 20 minutes.
Remove lid (beware of steam), cover steaks with tomatoes, bake another 10 minutes uncovered.
Sprinkle with chives or parsley before bringing it to... - 33.3003
Andalusian Onion Omelette
Heat 1/4 cup olive oil until it crinkles, but is not yet smoking.
Put the finely chopped onion to fry over a hot flame.
Cover and do not stir during the first 20 minutes.
Thereafter it will be necessary to stir the onions more and more frequently to prevent... - 32.4176
Andalusian Onion And Potato Omelette
Cut potatoes lengthwise in fine slices.
Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in large frying pan.
Fry potatoes lightly while chopping onion.
Push potatoes into a corner of pan, add chopped onion, and put potatoes on top of onion.
Season with salt and pepper.
While they... - 31.8104
Soup Andalusian Style
About 20 minutes before supper:
1. In large kettle heat tomato and onion soups with water, garlic, vinegar, tarragon, and cumin. Pour into soup tureen.
2. Serve buffet-style, surrounded by five or six toppings (one from each group). - 30.7182
Over a gentle heat, brown the chopped onion in a saucepan in a little fat; then add the thinly-sliced potato, the tomato puree, 3 pints of water and the mixed herbs.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Press the potatoes through a sieve, re-heat the resulting soup, adding the... - 26.7295
Andalusian Recipes By Category