- » American Masala
American Masala Recipes
Enjoy our collection of american masala recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for american masala recipes.
These are the fritters made with lentils and deep fried. - 34.221
Chicken Tikka Masala
Rinse chicken and pat dry.
Combine 1 tablespoon tomato paste, cilantro, 3 cloves of garlic, 2-inch piece of gingerroot, 1 chili pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder and yogurt in bowl; mix well.
Add chicken, tossing to coat.
Marinate,... - 43.8919
Basmati Rice Pilaf With Garam Masala
This basmati rice pilaf is a filling and savory rice pilaf made with the aromatic basmati rice. Cooked in a deep sauce pan with garlic and onion along with indian garam masala, the rice is flavored with chicken or vegetable stock and can be served as a... - 41.8642
The Indians love their food hot and masala chicken just affirms this adage. Greg Patent shows you how to prepare this Indian style delicacy at home using a spicy marinade. Serve with Indian flatbread or steamed rice for a terrific dinnertime meal. - 100.377
Veggie Masala Burger
This is the best-tasting veggie burger I have ever eaten! The spice and veggie combination gives a wonderful flavor and terrific texture. - 45.9997
Simla Mirch Masala Sabji - Capsicum Or Bell Pepper Stir Fry
If you're fond of eating Indian curry then do try the capsicum curry. It's very simple to make and tastes delicious too. You can serve it with roti. If you're looking for a quick recipe then this it. Watch the video for this simple recipe. - 100.878
Tandoori Style Chicken Breasts
Make several slashes in the chicken breasts with a sharp knife, then lay them in a shallow dish.
Mix all the remaining ingredients together and spoon over the chicken.
Leave to marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Drain from the... - 36.6275
Flambe Prawns With Snow Peas
The flambe prawns with snow peas is a savory and spicy side that is cooked in the microwave. Prepared with green prawns and snow peas, the flambe prawns are flavored with chili sauce, cognac and cooked with capsicum and chives. Adapted from Sharp Microwave... - 40.0896
1)Slice the boiled potatoes in halves.
2)In a frying pan, deep fry the potatoes in oil lightly.
3)Transfer them to bowl.
4)Smash the with a flat spoon or with your fist.
5)Fry the smashed potatoes till golden brown.
6)Sprinkle Maggi Lemon... - 31.1501
Baingan roundals are baked brinjal that can be prepared in the oven. Simply sectioned and brushed with oil, the brinjals are baked and rubbed with a masala mix of chilies, dry mango powder and chaat masala. Served with pooris, the baingan roundals are spicy... - 30.7749
Curried Chicken And Tomato Casserole
Cut any visible fat from chicken and remove skin.
In large Dutch oven or skillet, heat margarine over medium-high heat; brown chicken pieces a few at a time and remove to plate.
Add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
Add... - 45.5515
Pumpkin Baked Chicken
Pumpkins are in season and this recipe is for everyone who thinks that all that you can make with pumpkin is pie. Chicken is cooked inside pumpkin with spices and condiments and served with steamed rice. - 0
WASH CALAMARI thoroughly, removing any membrane.
Pat dry with paper towel.
Using a sharp knife, cut through one side of each hood, open out to give a large, flat piece of flesh.
With inside facing up, score flesh diagonally, in a criss-cross pattern,... - 43.4114
Coleslaw With Cranberries And Ranch Dressing
Chances are, you are not used to Cole slaw recipes with this much color and flavor. With unusual add-ins like cranberries, Dorothy Delaney's Detox Coleslaw recipe is a memorable delight that will do your body much good. As a bonus, this all natural detox idea... - 95.5612
Bread rolls an ameran recipe which has been modified here with indian spices. Stuffed with potatoes and masala mix of red chilies, onions, mando powder, coriander leaves and garam masala, the bread rolls are baked in the oven and can be served as a side or... - 36.8318
Mustard Seed Rub
1) Into a dry pan, put the garam masala spices and roast over low heat till the ingredeints start to release their aroma.
2) Allow the mixture to cool.
3) In a spice mill, grind the masala to a coarse texture.
4) In a sealable, airtight container or... - 38.3793
Heat butter in a kadhai. Add chopped tomatoes and capsicum, cook for 2 mins, add sweet corn, salt and cook for 4-5 mins or until cooked. Turn off the flame and add chat masala, lemon juice, mix well. Remove it in a plate while its still hot and sprinkle with... - 21.0716
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and fry gently for about 10 minutes, until softened but not browned.
Stir in the garlic and curry powder and continue cooking for one minute.
Add the tomatoes, including their juice, and the chutney and stir... - 32.4001
Potato Stuffed Karela
1. Salt bitter gourds. Remove seeds and pulp.
2. Smear inside and out with salt and set aside.
3. Boil potatoes. Peel and dice.
4. Mix with chilli powder, garam masala and tamarind pulp.
5. Stuff bitter gourds with prepared stuffing.
7. Heat fat. Fry... - 36.8026
Fried Vegetable Chaat
1. Boil potatoes and sweet potatoes. Boil peas separately. Peel potatoes and sweet potatoes. Cut into equal halves.
2. Heat a tawa or fry-pan, fry potatoes and sweet potatoes with a little fat, till a golden brown colour.
3. Fry peas lightly. Cut potatoes and... - 33.4535
Exotic Vegetable Stew
Exotic Vegetable Stew has a Mouth-watering taste.The Garam Masala and Green Chilli gives the Exotic Vegetable Stew Matchless taste. - 36.599
Coltage Cheese Pie
Cottage cheese pies are filling pies that can be served as a course in a meal. Made with a potato layer with a filling of cottage cheese, cooked onions and spices like red chili powder, garam masala, coriander leaves and coriander powder, the cottage cheese... - 41.6189
Spicy Curried Dumplings
1. Wash and clean the minced meat.
2. Grind items 2 to 9 to a fine paste for the masala.
3. Mix together the minced meat, the finely chopped button onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic with 2 tsp of the ground masala and salt and shape into balls.
4.... - 45.4626
Fish fingers are made with boneless fish and are snacky items that can be served as a side dish, appetizer or a snack. Coated with a batter of eggs, flour, lemon juice and spices, the fish fingers in this recipe are baked instead of dee fried and are much... - 41.4814
Shrimp With Green Beans And Toasted Coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350° Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and spread out on a large plate to cool to room temperature.
2. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and... - 32.4484
Eggs Florentine With Mousseline Sauce
1. Heat margarine. Fry onion, garlic and chillies until just golden. Add spinach with salt, pepper and garam masala. Mix well.
2. Grease a baking dish and spread the spinach mixture.
3. Arrange sliced eggs on top and sprinkle cheese.
4. Cover with sauce.... - 40.0691
Bread And Cheese Roll With Potato Finger Chips
1. Mix cheese, garam masala and cream together.
2. Dip each slice of bread into the milk one at a time. Squeeze out milk, placing the slices between your palms.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the centre of the bread slice. Gently make an oblong roll.... - 38.6932
Fried Banana Patia
• Roll the blackened bananas on a wooden board and then peel the skin. Cut into 1" rounds.
• Heat a non-stick frying pan with sesame oil till hot and then fry the banana pieces till golden brown and like caramel toffee. Drain and set aside.
• Take a... - 35.1977
Curried Parsnip Soup
Put the butter in a pot and cook for 1 minute until very hot. Add the fennel seeds and ginger, cover and cook for 45 seconds. Add the parsnip and 1—2 tbsp water.
Cover and cook for 8 minutes, turning once, until the parsnip is really tender.
Add the boiling... - 32.6973
Grilled Fish Fillets
1. Line a flameproof dish or grill tray with foil. Rinse and pat dry the fish fillets and put them on the foil-lined dish or tray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, fresh coriander, oil and lemon... - 36.9601
Hot Plum And Apricot Chutney
1. Place the apricots and plums in a saucepan. Pour in the vinegar, garam masala, chilli powder, ground coriander, cinnamon, salt and sugar and stir to mix. Bring it to the boil over a very low heat and then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, then mash the... - 32.6051
Quick Spicy Garbanzo Beans
Saute onions in oil in skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic.
Saute for 2 minutes.
Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
Stir in salt, turmeric, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam... - 46.2106
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2) In a large bowl, combine the Nestle Milk, maida, eggs, water and salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3) Apply a little oil at the base of the frying pan, add a laddle of the mixture and gently swirl the... - 49.3521
1. Grind to a paste all the ingredients on the left.
2. Extract thick pulp of tamarind by boiling in 1 cup of hot water.
3. To the tamarind extract add the ground paste, the powdered masalas and the jaggery. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until a chutney... - 38.7194
Flavorsome and interesting with the ingredients you like, this Lemon Pickle goes pretty much with any meal of the day. Quick and easy, try out this wonderful recipe for Lemon Pickle to fall in love with your meal everytime you have it! - 35.0109
Marinated Grilled Fish
This grilled fish is one that is marinated in a variety of Indian spices. I like to experiment with food and so like to try this fusion version that I absolutely love. I like to serve this with a strawberry salsa that adds an extra zing to this dish. - 30.3112
Raw Yam Fries
Do you often like to munch on fries between your meals? Here's a very healthy recipe that can easily replace your regular fries. Watch chef Dorothy share her recipe to prepare these Raw Yam Fries. Munch on them anytime without worrying about the calories. - 75.3598
Rajma (red Beans) Curry
Rajma or Red Beans Curry is a very popular accompaniment with Rotis/Chapathis in North India. This Rajma Recipe has a tangy taste. It can be made hot or spicy according to your choice. Suggestions, comments and feedback on this Rajma Recipe is appreciated. - 45.6852
Aubergine And Butter Bean Biryani
1. Drain the beans. Put in a saucepan and cover with fresh water. Bring to the boil and boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until just tender. Drain well, reserving the stock.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan. Gently... - 36.2112
Broccoli And Cashew Fritters
1. Sift flour, garam masala, cumin, ground coriander and curry, baking and chili powders together into a bowl. Stir in water and oil and mix to make a smooth batter. Add cashews, spring onions and fresh coriander and mix to combine.
2.Heat oil in a large... - 38.5392
Spice Dusted Beef With Coconut Sauce
1)Bake potatoes in oven.
2)Using a sharp meat knife, slice steak into strips. Place on plate. Sprinkle a mixture of turmeric and garam masala ove the steak strips. Coat well.
3)In a frying pan, heat 30 ml of oil. When oil begins to... - 46.8764
Combine chili powder, garam masala, aniseed, turmeric, garlic powder, cumin, coriander and ginger in bowl; mix well.
Toss goat in mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
Brown on all sides in butter in skillet.
Remove to platter.
Sweat onions in heavy skillet or... - 47.0848
Chicken With A Curried Yogurt Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375°F/Gas Mark 5. In a small bowl mix together the garlic, ginger, chilli, yogurt, tomato puree (paste), turmeric, garam masala, lime juice and seasoning.
2. Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts and place them on a baking sheet... - 35.9964
Meat Casserole With Veloute Sauce
1. Cut meat in 1" (2 1/2 cms.) cubes. Wash and drain. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, flour, lemon juice and wine. Leave aside for 2 hours.
2. Melt margarine, fry garlic, onion and add meat cubes. Fry until brown.
3. Add remaining wine mixture mixed with 1 cup... - 45.1344
Crock Pot Beef Stew
This crock pot beef stew is the best thing to have, when you return to home after a hectic day at work. The most interesting part of this recipe is that it does not involve any special cooking procedure. Add all the ingredients to your crock pot, close lid... - 130.402
Healthy Mexican Wraps - the Fiveadayz way!
Many thanks to Mark, Paul and Jenny for use of their kitchen, Nelson (www.myspace.com/nelsonqualitytouchent) for use of his voice, and of course Shivy (www.myspace.com/siobhanbegley) (who aside from being a talented... - 42.8195
1. Boil the milk with the sugar.
2. Mix the China grass in 1 teacup of cold water and boil on a slow flame until it dissolves completely.
3. Add the China grass mixture to the boiling milk and boil for a further 2 minutes.
4. Strain the mixture and cool.
5.... - 37.4926
Finely chop limes with peppers in processor or blender.
Transfer to Dutch oven or other large kettle.
Add remaining ingredients and blend.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat and simmer until dark and thick, about 2... - 44.731
Shashlik has a Awesome taste.The Yogurt and Mushrooms gives the Shashlik Awesome taste. Must catch it - 34.5542
Cheese & Cumin Scones
Fry chopped onions in hot oil till pale pink and translucent.
Add the ground masala paste and fry well.
When the oil comes to the surface, put in the pork and bacon pieces and fry.
Add the bread cubes, peas, carrots, fried potatoes and green coriander.
Mix... - 39.2538
Banana Balls Stuffed With Spicy Coconut
• Prepare the stuffing by placing the grated coconut in a thali. To this add the ground masala and the lime juice, sugar and chopped coriander. Mix well and set aside.
• In another thali put 12 peeled bananas and mash them well. Sprinkle the cornflour and... - 35.5751
1. Boil the mangoes in a lot of water with their skins on until they turn soft. Cool, discard the skins, mash the pulp, remove the fibres, and set aside. This should yield one cup of pulp.
2. Grind the mustard, cumin seeds, red chillies and turmeric in... - 36.7201
Lemony Lentil And Coconut Soup
Cook onion in large oiled pan, stirring, until soft.
Add spices; cook, stirring, about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add potato, peas, lentils and stock.
Bring to boil; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until peas are tender, [can be prepared ahead to this... - 40.5909
To make the marinade, put the spices, salt, garlic, onion, chilli and lemon in a food processor and blitz until as smooth as possible.
Add the yoghurt and pulse a couple of times, taking care not to over blend.
Tip into a bowl and stir in the colouring paste,... - 47.481
Curried Cauliflower And Spinach
1) Cut the cauliflower into small florets and keep aside.
2) In a deep flameproof casserole dish, put the mustard seeds in the heated oil until they splatter.
3) Stir in rest of the spices, garlic, onion and chilli and saute for 2-3... - 44.4006
Spiced Parsnip Soup
1) Take a large saucepan and melt the butter.
2) Put in the onions and sauté for a few minutes till they become soft. Then, put in the ginger and garlic and stir for a minute further.
3) Now, add in the parsnips and spices and sauté till they give... - 46.1824
Turkey And Stuffing Salad
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the foaming has subsided, add the tandoori seasoning, turkey, and cranberries. Cook over low heat until the ingredients are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the bread stuffing and cook,... - 34.1778
1) Heat ghee or oil in a wok. Fry chillies and garlic along with other spices. Add lime juice to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
2) Increase the heat, add the onion and cook till it browns.
3) Add the vegetables, water and seasoning. Simmer for 20... - 41.9615
Bulgur Lentil Soup
Looks like the flu is going everywhere! Hope everyone is staying healthy. But, when we are sick, we crave some comfort food. Nothing tastes any better than a good soup when you're under the weather .This filling soup is perfect to warm you on a cold day. It's... - 0
Annie's Special Spicy Chicken
Cut chicken into quarters and remove skin.
Lie pieces flat in a baking dish.
Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces.
Turn pieces so they are well coated.
Cover with plastic wrap or foil and chill for 3 to 4 hours.
Remove chicken... - 45.2704
Indian Lobster Curry
1. Boil live lobsters.
2. Remove the meat from tail, claws and body.
3. Chop onion, garlic, green chillies and ginger.
4. Grind remaining spices.
5. Heat fat. Fry chopped ingredients.
6. Add lobsters and ground spices. Continue frying for 2 or 3 minutes... - 44.4891
Super Bowl - Party Roasted Chickpeas Salty And Spicy
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Drain and wash chickpeas with cold water.
3. Cover cookie sheet with foil and set it aside.
4. In a bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil, sugar, and salt.
5. Add cumin, ginger, garam masala, cayenne, and... - 0
Chicken Nuggets are all time favorite at my house my family and my friends just love them. I make then Organic they are tasty and healthy. - 0
A Simple Healthy Stuffed Omelette
This is a healthy breakfast, which has all the necessary nutrients our body needs to start a busy day. You may incorporate shredded chicken or sausages in the stuffing along with your favorite vegetables to enhance the flavor of this wholesome meal. - 0
Spiced Lamb & Coconut Soup
1. Trim the lamb and remove the fat. Place in a large pan with the garlic, bay leaves, lemon grass, chilli and spices. Add the stock or water, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, skimming occasionally. Discard the bay leaves, lemon grass... - 35.0886
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the ginger until finely grated, remove and keep aside.
2) Add garlic and process until finely minced.
3) Add onion and process until chopped.
4) In a large pot, saute the garlic and onion in the... - 46.9263
Portobello Chicken Vindaloo
1) Cut the chillies lengthwise and deseed.
2) Take cold salted water in a bowl and soak the chillies for an hour. Change the water intermittently.
3) Take the chillies off water and mince thinly.
4) Heat oil in a pan and add chicken pieces to it. Fry... - 43.7421
Homemade Garlic Tomato Sauce (for Pizza & Pasta)
Why buy ready made sauces when you can make it at home in a jiffy? Yes, here is a basic recipe for homemade sauce that would complement well with your regular pasta and pizzas. It saves you money and moreover, you know what you are actually consuming. Go... - 0
This salad brings together American and Indian cuisine together. Use of mayonnaise and Garam Masala and other spices creates this delicious recipe. It tastes great as a side with protein. - 0
Pork With Mango Couscous
1. To make stuffing, place couscous in a bowl, pour over boiling water and toss with a fork until couscous absorbs all the liquid. Add mango, spring onions, coriander, lime rind, garam masala (a), egg white and lime juice and mix to combine.
2. Lay pork out... - 34.4832
This samosa is very easy to make and will come very nice for the first time itself. I do this with the tortillas which we get in all American grocery stores. Even bachlors can try this samosa and enjoy it. - 48.8886
Khade Masale Ka Gosht (meat With Whole Spices)
Pat the meat dry on paper towels.
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
When it is very hot, put the spicesin quickly in this order: first the cinnamon, then black peppercorns, cloves, cardamom pods, and bay leaves, and finally the hot... - 43.5975
Tandoori Chicken— My Version
Make the marinade first.
Put the chopped onions, garlic, ginger, and lemon juice in an electric blender, and blend to a smooth paste, about 1 minute at high speed.
Place this in a bowl large enough to accommodate the chicken.
Add the yogurt, coriander, cumin,... - 45.5081
Sunita's Surati Snacks (biscuits)
Looking for a homemade tea-time snack? Try these cripsy, flavorful golden biscuits from Surat that are sure treat for the tastebuds. Chef Bhal Dave shares the recipe with us in this video and step-by-step details the method. By following the recipe to the T,... - 86.4479
Spicy Lamb Burger
These lamb burgers are inspired by the traditional lamb kebobs flavored with spices that I have eaten in Delhi, a capital city in northern India. I love the aromatic smell and complex flavor Indian kebobs and the classic American grilled burger. This is my... - 33.1948
Vada Pav Stall - Indian Street Food
During vacation in India, my American/Canadian son asked me to feed him burger and I took him to Vada pav Stall. He really enjoyed Indian burger! - 0
Rice With Spinach
Wash rice thoroughly in colander.
Invert into large bowl, and cover with cold water and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
Leave for 2 hours.
Fill a 4-6-quart pot with water.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
If you are using fresh spinach, trim and wash... - 41.9613
Butter/lied Leg Of Lamb, Marinated And Barbecued
Put the chopped onion, ginger, garlic, and 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice in the container of the electric blender, and blend at high speed to get a smooth paste (about 1 minute).
In a bowl or a pot with nonmetallic lining large enough to hold the meat, put... - 43.5594