- » American Indian
American Indian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of american indian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for american indian recipes.
Quick Pan-seared Tilapia With Indian Corn
Probably the best use of fresh corn and fresh tomatoes is the dish - Indian Corn. You get all the fresh tastes of summer produces in this preparation. To enhance the nutritional value, chef adds the pan-seared tilapia on top and it becomes a delicate dish to... - 127.976
Quick And Gourmet Sausage Pine Nut Turkey Stuffing
You can turn an average Thanksgiving meal into a gourmet meal with this recipe! Chef Shamy shows you how to use his line of products to turn ordinary stuffing into something that tastes extraordinary. This recipe for turkey stuffing will make you look like a... - 99.9378
Tandoori Chicken For The Lazy American
If you don’t have a Tandoor clay oven sitting in the back yard, doesn’t mean you can’t make tandoori chicken! And you don’t need to be an experienced chef to figure out what all goes into the secret, extremely complex tandoori spice blend and... - 97.024
3 Different Style Meals - Italian, Indian, American
Bored of having the regular dinner meals? Switch to fusion dishes, combining Italian, Indian and American. Bhal Dave impresses with his platter of assorted dishes Eggplant Parmesan & Avocado Salad, Curried Pepper and Frozen vegetables made in a simple manner.... - 67.604
Indian Corn Bread
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix corn meal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. Mix to combine.
4. Take a small mixing bowl and combine eggs, oil and milk.
5. Using a wire whisk beat for 30... - 48.4405
Nantucket Indian Pudding
This Nantucket Indian Pudding is simply delicious ! This spicy vanilla ice cream pudding makes a divine dessert ! Do try this Nantucket Indian Pudding once and let me know if you share my passion. - 47.3147
Old Fashioned Indian Pudding
1. Into a medium (1 ½ quart ) microwaveable casserole or dish, add 1 1/2 cups milk
2. Heat milk in the microwave for about 4 minutes until hot but not boiling.
3. Add together cornmeal, sugar, salt, and spices into hot milk and stir thoroughly.
4.... - 46.797
Indian Style Eggplant Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prick eggplant with fork.
Place in baking pan.
Cook, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft.
Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces; scoop out pulp.
Saute cumin seeds and onion in oil in skillet until mixture is light red.
Add chili... - 46.7597
Sweet Indian Relish
Flavorsome and interesting with the ingredients you like, this Sweet Indian Relish goes pretty much with any meal of the day. Quick and easy, try out this wonderful recipe for Sweet Indian Relish to fall in love with your meal everytime you have it! - 45.8132
1) Brush the inner surface of an electric slow cooker lightly with butter.
2) In a medium saucepan, gently sclad the skim milk.
3) Stir in the honey and molasses.
4) In a small bowl, mix the cornmeal, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and... - 45.3201
Indian Lime Pickle
Flavorsome and interesting with the ingredients you like, this Lime Pickle goes pretty much with any meal of the day. Quick and easy, try out this wonderful recipe for Lime Pickle to fall in love with your meal everytime you have it! - 44.1447
Indian Pudding With Raisins
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Mix corn meal and 1 cup milk.
Heat 2 cups milk in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until steaming.
Mix in corn meal mixture and cook 15-20 minutes, stirring now and then.
Stir in molasses and sugar and cook 2-3 minutes... - 44.0227
Indian Style Vegetable Stir Fry
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add curry powder, cumin and red pepper flakes; cook and stir about 30 seconds.
Stir in jalapeno pepper and garlic.
Add bell pepper and carrots; mix well.
Add cauliflower; reduce heat to medium.
Stir in... - 43.2513
Chicken is wonderful as a side dish, appetizer or the main dish itself. I love this chicken indienne for the fine dining experience that it offers. This brings the flavors and tastes of my favorite restaurant to my very kitchen - 43.1508
Indian Lobster Curry
1. Boil live lobsters.
2. Remove the meat from tail, claws and body.
3. Chop onion, garlic, green chillies and ginger.
4. Grind remaining spices.
5. Heat fat. Fry chopped ingredients.
6. Add lobsters and ground spices. Continue frying for 2 or 3 minutes... - 43.0285
Heat oil in flameproof casserole; add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
Add chicken and saute until lightly browned on all sides.
Stir in curry powder; add cloves, cinnamon, and salt.
Stir in broth and rice; bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and add... - 41.7696
Curried Shrimp Indian
Combine vinegar, garlic, coriander, salt, turmeric, cumin, mustard, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, cardamom, and bay leaf in medium-size bowl.
Add shrimp; mix well.
Cover; refrigerate 2 hours.
Melt butter in blazer pan of chafing dish over direct... - 41.0906
Littxe Indian Pudding
1. Preheat oven moderate to 325°.
2. In a bowl mix corameal and water.
3. Scald milk.
4. Mix cornmeal mixture to the milk and stir.
5. Cook for 20 minutes until thickened.
6. Mix salt, spices and molasses.
7. Grease 1 1/2 quarter... - 41.0689
1. In a skillet add shortening and brown the lamb pieces in it. Pour off the extra fat.
2. Pour soup and water into the mixture. Add garlic, seasonings and onions.
3. Cook for 90 minutes, covered over low heat, till the meat is tender.
4. Stir so that... - 40.0944
In saucepan melt the butter.
When hot, add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
Blend in flour and curry.
Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
Add stock and cream.
Cook, stirring, until thickened.
Add raisins, apple, and eggs; heat. - 39.975
Indian Fry Bread
This Indian Fry Bread is simply irresistible and mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare bread dish; I am sure you will love to share it with your loved ones. - 39.6429
Haddock With Indian Sauce
Haddock is a tasty fish. One of my all time favorites. This haddock with indian sauce is one that I absolutely love. Tasty and healthy this fish dish is a real treat for the senses. I just love every bite of this delicately flavored fish treat - 39.5293
Indian Bread Pudding
The indian pudding is a simple bread and milk pudding flavored and sweetned with molasses. Slow baked and prepared, the indian pudding can be spiced if desired with cardamom or cinnamon to make it more savory! - 39.4734
Indian Nutmeg Cake
Combine sugar, bacon drippings, 2 cups water, raisins, spices and salt in 1-quart saucepan; boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sift flour, soda and baking powder together; add to raisin mixture.
Add walnuts; beat well.
Pour batter into greased... - 39.4082
Baked Indian Pudding
Scald 3 cups of the milk.
Combine the remaining 1 cup milk with the cornmeal.
Add to the hot milk, and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Stir 1/2 cup of the cornmeal mixture into the beaten eggs, then add... - 39.282
Indian Style Tangy Turkey
1 In a medium saucepan, bring the water and cinnamon to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the rice, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
2... - 39.2793
Mock Indian Pudding
Mock Indian Pudding is a delicious dessert that you will get addicted to with the first spoon! Here is a brilliant Mock Indian Pudding recipe that is sure to win you some fans. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and try it! - 39.1682
Indian Style Curry
Cut the tops from the tomatoes and remove the pulp.
Wash the rice carefully, put it into a saucepan with one-half cup salted boiling water and the tomato pulp and cook until the rice is soft.
Add the fat, the bread soaked in the milk, the mashed egg-yolk and... - 38.3785
Indian Corn Stew
This indian corn stew is a meaty stew made with added beef to it. Cooked with fresh vegetables and ground beef, the indian corn stew is flavored with garlic, worcestershire sauce and seasoned to taste. Simmered to a finish, it can be served with rice or as... - 38.3136
1. Fill half of the tumbler with broken Ice and add the Orange Bitters.
2. Then add the Canadian Club Whisky, the Italian Vermouth, the Gin, the Cointreau and the Brown Curacao.
3. Stir well and pass through a strainer into a cocktail... - 37.296
Sweet Indian Pudding
In 2-quart bowl, combine milk and molasses; stir in cornmeal.
Cook at HIGH for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring 3 times to break up lumps.
Mixture should be thick.
In 1 1/2 quart casserole, combine egg, sugar, butter, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
Gradually stir in hot... - 36.369
Baked Indian Pudding
Put 4 cups milk in top of double boiler; gradually stir in corn meal.
Cook over boiling water, stirring frequently, till thick 10 to 15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
Pour into 2 quart casserole; bake in very slow oven (250Â°) 5 hours.
Cool... - 36.3073
Baked Indian Pudding
Scald milk in a double boiler, then add cornmeal and salt.
Cook 25 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
Add molasses and spices and mix well.
Pour into greased 8- x 10-inch baking dish.
Bake at 300°F for 2 hours.
Pour cream over individual servings. - 35.8685
Indian Cauliflower is rich with the aroma of butter. This is the favorite for the kids at home and I am sure that your little ones too will adore this. Just give this yummy Indian Cauliflower a try. - 35.1522
Indian Chicken Balls
Indian Chicken balls. Discover the magic of the Indian cuisine with this simple and easy to make chicken balls. A wonderful appetizer it would add to the flavor of any party. - 34.6509
Bbq Salmon Indian Style
Dig a pit 4 x 12 feet and fill with rocks.
Place firewood (alder wood works best) the length of the pit.
Put a large cedar stick upright in the ground at each end of the pit.
These support sticks should be split halfway down the center so that fish will be... - 33.9895
1. On a piece of wax paper, combine 3 tablespoons of the flour, the curry powder, and salt, then coat the chicken with this mixture.
2. In a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and brown for A minutes on each... - 33.1668
Indian Lamb Kebabs
In a large bowl, mix together thoroughly the lamb, onion, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, cayenne, coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger, and salt.
Divide mixture into 12 equal portions, roll each into a thin cylinder about 6 inches long, and string on a... - 32.454
Indian Corn Stew
1. ln a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until browned. Lower the heat, stir in the green peppers, onion, and garlic and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender,... - 31.9252
Oysters A La Indian
Oysters a la indienne is a cooked oysters recipe made along with bacon. Savory and herbed with parsley, the oysters a la indienne has a gravy made with chutney sauce. Served with or over rice, the oysters a la indienne is incredibly savory and a hit at... - 31.7392
1. Wash broccoli. Cut off tough bottom stalks and discard. Remove leaves. Cut stems into chunks and leave flowerets intact.
2. Place stem chunks in bottom of saucepan and flowerets on top of stems. Add chicken bouillon, bay leaf and thyme.
3. Cook... - 31.6213
"Grind tomatoes, peppers and onions; drain.
Mix all ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cook for 25 minutes.
Pour into hot pint jars; seal " - 30.8632
Grilled Indian Chicken And Vegetable Kebabs
1. Place chicken in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Pour spiced yogurt over chicken and stir to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 or up to 6 hours. Add... - 29.4132
Pike American Indian Style
Remove heads and tails from fish; wipe fish with damp cloth.
Mix remaining ingredients except bacon fat.
Roll fish in the mixture, and brown in bacon fat for about 4 minutes on each side. - 28.6529
Jenn's Chewy Granola Bars
Makes a great snack for home, school or bring it along on a hike or camping trip.
Great Tastes of Manitoba 2011/2012. - 28.0435
Indian summer is a fresh fruit and veggie salad. Made with shredded carrots with added pineapple and raisins, the indian summer is spiced with cinnamon and orange extract for more flavor. Served as a dessert or a side with meats, this is an enjoyable... - 25.422
American Indian Recipes By Category