- » Alternative Grain
Alternative Grain Recipes
Enjoy our collection of alternative grain recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for alternative grain recipes.
Pumpkin, Barley, Lentil, Turkey Stew (with Vegetarian Alternative)
Melt butter in a pot and add the barley and lentils, stir well and add the spices, mix very well and then add the pumpkin puree and enough water to make puree smooth. Now add the can of turkey, including the liquid. Separate the turkey meat and bring to boil.... - 27.836
Naturally Sugar-free, Whole Grain Banana Bread
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the milk alternative and flaxseed and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.... - 39.5751
Diane Hoch and Sally Eisenberg teach you how to prepare Quinoa, a hearty grain rich in protein which is a wonderful alternative to rice and pasta. - 112.416
Sorghum Drop Cookies
Cream sugar and butter; beat in sorghum and egg.
Stir together flour, soda, spices, and salt.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk; beat after each addition.
Drop by table spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
Top each with one or two... - 33.4637
Quick Brown Bread
Soften the raisins in warm water and set aside.
Beat the egg.
Continue beating, adding oil and honey slowly.
Set egg mixture aside.
Measure and sift together the dry ingredients except the bran flakes.
Drain water from raisins, retaining... - 44.2927
Does your daily breakfast comprise of bacon and eggs? If yes, then it's time to turn to something more healthy and tasty. Adding some variety to your daily breakfast won't just add different tastes to your breakfast table, but also bring in a gamut of... - 100.134
Cooking Buckwheat Groats
1) In a bowl mix one cup buckwheat groats with one egg and one teaspoon salt.
2) Heat a heavy skillet and transfer the mixture into it. Alternately use little oil if using a light skillet.
3) Cook and stir until each grain is separate and dry.
4) Add... - 31.7616
Graham Cracker Cake
Sift flour, measure and resift 3 times with baking powder and salt.
Add sugar gradually and beat until soft and smooth.
Add vanilla, and egg yolks one at a time, and beat until fluffy and light.
Add milk and flour mixture alternately, beginning... - 38.1669
Cracked Wheat Cereal
1. Spread the wheat grains on a pan and place under a broiler set at 400 degrees. Toast until the grain smells toasted. Do not allow to burn.
2. Grind the toasted grains in a coffee mill or Moulinex grinder and discard any floury residue.
3. Put 1 cup cracked... - 21.9019
In the Bosch bowl, whip egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
Add brown sugar and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
To the egg mixture, alternately add the water and the flour mixture.
Pour into a greased and... - 38.8399
washes at least 2 to5 times and soak the ragi for 3-4 hours longer than you soak the rice.
Soak rice, whole urad and methi seeds in separate containers for 4-6 hours or overnight.
In a wet grinder or a mixie /blender, grind the urad dal till light and... - 41.3282
Minted Couscous Castles
1. Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover the bowl and leave to stand for 30 minutes, until all the stock is absorbed and the grains are tender.
2. Stir in the lemon juice with the tomatoes and chopped mint. Adjust the seasoning... - 34.5842
Wheat Germ Drops
1. Beat shortening, sugar and egg until fluffy in a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed. Add molasses.
2. Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves alternately with milk; stir in wheat germ, then chocolate pieces to... - 29.1524
Graham Cracker Cake
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub 2 9-inch layer pans with margarine or shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening until soft; gradually add the sugar and beat until creamy. Add the egg yolks, vanilla and then the nuts, beating well... - 36.5114
Shashlik With Bulgur Cracked Wheat
Mix the French dressing and the bay leaf to make a marinade, mix in the cubed lamb, and let stand all day or overnight.
When you begin dinner preparations, drain the lamb (save the marinade), let dry a bit on paper towels, and thread on skewers,... - 38.953
Graham Cracker Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, beat in margarine, sugar and egg yolks.
3) In another bowl of graham cracker crumbs, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
4) Combine thoroughly.
5) Add the dry mixture to the... - 47.4333
Graham Cracker Upside Down Cake
In large mixing bowl cream granulated sugar with 1/2 cup butter.
Add eggs, one at a time; mix well after each, beating a total of about 5 minutes.
Mix crumbs, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk; set... - 42.2946
Graham Cracker Log
Cream shortening and sugar together.
Add eggs and beat well.
Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately to creamed mixture with the milk and crumbs.
Grease and line a jelly-roll pan with waxed paper.
Spread batter in the pan and bake at 350F for 20... - 32.8197
Curried Beef Kabobs With Tomato Couscous
Trim fat from beef steak.
Cut steak into 1 1/4 inch pieces.
In medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients.
Add beef and onions, tossing to coat.
Alternately thread beef and onions onto each of four 12 inch metal skewers.
Place kabobs on grid over medium... - 39.5678
Graham Cracker Cake
Blend the flour, baking powder, salt, graham cracker crumbs, and pecans; set aside.
Cream the butter with extract.
Add the 1 cup sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy.
Add egg yolks in thirds, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Beating only until smooth... - 41.0851
Stuffed Wheat Bread
1. For filling, in a large skillet cook chicken, fennel, and onion in hot oil till chicken is browned and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese, spinach, pesto, and bread crumbs.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12 x... - 37.5047
Whole Wheat Bread
1) Mix together the salt, yeast, sugar, oil, honey and 2 ½ cups of the bread or all-purpose flour along with 2 cups of the whole wheat flour.
2) To the flour mixture, add the hot water.
3) Knead the mixture to a soft dough. As required, add more... - 41.837
Cracked Wheat Bread
Cracked wheat is a good alternative to regular flour breads. Cracked wheat bread has a nutty taste, moist and lighter than other breads. This breads goes well as a meal bread, sandwich bread and even for a snack. It tastes very good and different from any... - 48.2841
Vegetable Kabobs With Herbed Couscous
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a medium saucepan 15 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
Trim ends from eggplant.
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
Place just one half, cut side down, on a' cutting board.
Cut vertically into 1/4 inch-thick... - 41.5058
Ragout Of Spring Vegetables With Almond Couscous
1.Steam turnips for 8 to 10 minutes on steamer rack over boiling water.
3.In a saucepan, fill water to 3/4 capacity and bring to boil.
4.Add in fava beans.
5.Boil beans for 30 seconds, drain, and wash with cold running water.
6.Peel the... - 46.0716
In a medium saucepan, cook the rice and millet in the water and salt until grains are tender.
Drain any remaining water.
Pour the soup into a separate saucepan, and dilute with milk.
Heat until the soup resembles the consistency of a sauce.
On individual... - 33.9598
1. To butterfly the lamb, cut through the skin along the line of the main bone down to the bone.
2. Cut the meat away from the bone, opening out the leg while scraping against the bone with a small, sharp knife. Take out the bone and remove the excess fat.
3.... - 36.1863
Spicy Black Beans And Quinoa
Beans and rice are a classic combination. Unfortunately, most whole grains, such as brown rice, take a lot of energy to cook. So taste this new classic with quinoa as a slightly greener alternative to rice. It's whole grain and cooks super-fast. It's trendy,... - 31.3181
Strawberry shortcake is the perfect summer time sweet treat. Enjoy this recipe on a warm summer evening with loved ones. This recipe uses coconut flour, and is a gluten-free, celiac-friendly alternative to regular shortcake. - 116.706
Wild Rice And Mushrooms
1) Using bulb-type baster skim broth. Alternately chill mixture till fat floats on top and whisk it away.
2) Mix broth and water measuring 2 cups.
3) In a saucepan boil broth, mushroom liquid, and onions.
4) Stir in wild rice, reduce heat, and simmer... - 42.0233
Spam Musubi Recipe: Easy Hawaiian Cooking
Hawaiian Spam Musubi is a popular favorite snack item that can double up as a main dish, with a few sides. Watch this video to get the recipe. It has the saltiness of the SPAM in contrast with the sweetness of the sauce and the crispy bite of nori. - 81.8066
Fresh Tomato Tart
Learn step by step how to make this fresh tomato tart made with a pâte brisee crust, ricotta and mascarpone cheese filling and marinated mixed tomatoes on top. Learn all the tricks to a make a super flaky crust, understand why you should keep the crust... - 141.522
Rice To prepare the rice, first wash it in various changes of water until the water runs clear.
This removes the starches which would otherwise make the rice grains stick together.
Cook in a rice-cooker, the manufacturer's instructions.
Alternatively, wash... - 47.8966
Quick Banana Frosting
Mix sieved banana with lemon juice and salt; set aside.
Cream butter until softened.
Alternately add confectioners' sugar and banana, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. - 23.5472
Dutch Hard Sauce
Cream butter, add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar gradually and mix thoroughly.
Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar alternately with sour cream.
Add vanilla and nutmeg.
Serves 8. - 30.8053
Boiled Brown Rice And Barley
For a super healthy recipe, watch this video. Brown rice and barley combine together to make a great cancer fighting source! Watch this video to learn how to cook this. Listen closely for some great health tips. - 109.286
Bratwurst With Sauerkraut
Try this simple veg version of bratwurst with sauerkraut served as a sandwich on whole grain bread with mustard. Several companies make this type of veggie link - some are vegan, others contain egg whites - so be certain to check the ingredients on the... - 120.282
Wash the rice to remove the starch, under cold running water.
Alternatively, put the rice into a bowl, add water and stir and drain.
Repeat two or three times until the water is almost clear.
Put the rice into a large, heavy saucepan and pour over the... - 27.6809
1. Put meat into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients except bread crumbs; mix lightly until well blended. Divide into 8 portions. Shape each portion evenly and firmly around a flat or round wooden stick. Roll meat in crumbs until well coated.
2.... - 24.5143
Rice And Spinach Salad
In a medium-size saucepan bring 4 cups salted water to a boil.
Keep the water simmering while adding the rice; cover and cook 15 minutes until rice is soft and water is absorbed.
In a large skillet, heat oil and cook green onions 3 to 4 minutes; stir into... - 34.9241
Scalloped Corn And Tomatoes
Combine tomatoes, onion, teasp of the salt, the sugar, and pepper in a saucepan, and cook 10 min.
Add 2 tablesp of the butter.
Then arrange tomatoes and com in alternate layers in a 1 1/2 qt baking dish, sprinkling each layer of corn with some of the... - 27.4102
1) In a shallow bowl beat egg and egg whites together with a whisk or a fork.
2) Stir in milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
3) Grease a skillet with oil and heat thoroughly.
4) Dredge bread slices in egg mixture. Dredge both sides in it.
5) Add in a skillet,... - 38.3881
1) In a small bowl, mix the powdered saffron with a little bit of water. You may replace this with a few drops of store-bought saffron extract/
2) In a pot of salted boiling water, add in the rice. Add in the saffron mixrture. Stir well. Cook the rice... - 34.9691
Coffee Layer Cake
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cream margarine, add sugar gradually, continue creaming until mixture is light and fine grained.
Add egg yolks.
Beat until light and fluffy.
Stir in molasses.
Mix and sift the dry ingredients, adding 1/2 cup to the molasses mixture and... - 39.2308
Mediterranean Rice Salad
1) In a large saucepan, place all the ingredients. Bring the liquid to a boil by gentle stirring.
2) Put on a lid and reduce the heat to simmer for another 40 minutes.
3) Remove the saucepan from heat without taking off the lid. Allow this to sit for... - 43.5987
Millet And Cauliflower Mash
Always worried about eating too much of mashed potato? Here is your solution…out with the potato mash and in with the millet mash! This combination of millet and cauliflower is tasty and the added seasonings add to it. - 103.73
Healthy Quinoa Tacos
Tacos can be made of anything! Agreed? Well here’s Katherine in this recipe proving just that!! Here is a recipe for a quinoa taco!! Besides being delicious, this recipe also has great nutritional value, so listen closely to Katherine as she let’s you in... - 114.902
Freny No Kofta No Pulao
1. Wash the rice and cook with one tablespoon ghee, bay leaves and salt to taste, in the usual way till the grains are separated.
2. To the mince add the salt, pepper, ginger-garlic paste, six finely chopped green chillies, half of the finely chopped... - 29.297
Basic Grits Porridge
All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast and this grits porridge recipe will take you there! The beautiful colors and flavors of grits make this traditional porridge extra special. This creamy porridge is the perfect breakfast treat and will get the... - 129.359
Rice And Cheese Casserole
Microwave the rice.
Butter an 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) microwave-safe dish.
Make alternate layers of rice and cheese until all is used.
Mix the milk and cream with the parsley and green onions.
Pour over the rice and cheese.
Stir the breadcrumbs with the... - 38.7095
Saute the vermicelli or noodles in the ghee until a light brown colour, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
Mix the rice and salt well into the vermicelli then add the boiling water.
Give one final stir, allow a few seconds to bubble, then cover the rice... - 31.1004
Baked Spanish Mackerel
Mix together the bread crumbs, onion, chopped bacon, green pepper, and seasonings, and spread on the fish, which should be dressed for broiling.
Place a slice of bacon on this and fold over the fish so that the dressing shows.
Place on a trivet in a... - 34.4679
Mediterranean Beef & Vegetable Grill
The Mediterranean Beef & Vegetable Grill is a filling dish that I am personally crazy about. I never get tired of this wonderful dish no matter how many times I prepare it. Try this original Mediterranean Beef & Vegetable Grill recipe for yourself! - 40.2194
Peaches And Cream
Puree 2 of the peaches in a food processor or blender; stir in lemon juice.
Coarsely chop remaining peach.
Cook rice according to package instructions.
Puree rice with remaining ingredients except almond extract and mint in a food processor or blender.
Simmer... - 40.3932
Swedish Doughnut Miniatures
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
Beat egg, sugar, extract, and lemon peel together until thick and piled softly.
(If using cardamom, blend with flour.) Alternately add dry ingredients in halves with mixture of cream and butter, beating until just... - 39.7028
Put the egg yolks, vinegar, salt, sugar, peppers, and dry mustard into a small bowl.
Beat with a hand rotary beater until well blended.
Add oil, 1 teaspoon at a time at first, beating vigorously after each addition.
Gradually increase amounts added until one... - 31.1136
Tuna Vegetable Platter
Blend sour cream with seasoned salt, pepper, horseradish, vinegar, olives, green pepper strips, and capers; toss with tuna.
Cook each vegetable until just tender; drain.
Pour French dressing over vegetables and refrigerate at least 1... - 32.8217
Belgian Style Beef Stew
Lightly brown the onion in 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
Using a slotted spoon, remove onion and set aside.
Add remaining oil to skillet.
Brown meat, a few slices at a time, on both sides in heated oil.
Season with salt and... - 41.4454
Beef Kabobs With Peaches
Mix thoroughly in a shallow dish the peach syrup, oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, minced onion, salt, pepper, ginger, and garlic.
Add steak pieces and turn until pieces are coated.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning pieces several times.
Remove meat from... - 39.226
Sicilian Rice Dish
This Sicilian Rice Dish tastes incredible! Try this pork and rice dish for your next meal. Your suggestions for this Sicilian Rice Dish are welcome ! - 33.733
Chinese Crispy Rice
This simple Crisp Rice recipe will help you prepare crunchy and yummy crisp rice that you can use in your candies or chocolate bars or even as a cereal in the morning. Make your own good quality crisp rice with this recipe. - 34.8498
Preheat oven to 350° F.and grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until light.
Add honey, farina, crumbs, and nuts.
Fold in egg whites.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly... - 40.5512
Easy Asian Flank Steak
1. In a shallow glass dish, whisk together hoisin sauce, soya sauce, lime juice, oil, garlic and chili paste; add steak, turning to coat both sides with marinade. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove meat from refrigerator 30... - 22.6564
Curried Rice Salad With Chicken And Mango
Peel and finely dice the onion and saute in the oil until translucent.
Add the rice and the curry powder.
Heat briefly, stirring constantly.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Cook 20 minutes covered over low heat, then allow to cool.
Wash and clean... - 40.7407
Chicken Sate Kabobs
Combine first 7 ingredients in container of an electric blender; top with cover, and process until smooth, scraping sides of container occasionally.
Place chicken in a zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag; add onion mixture.
Seal and marinate in refrigerator 15... - 33.8008
Peel radish and shred into long, fine, grass-like strands.
The Japanese have special shredders which shred the radish very fine and evenly.
You should have about 3 cups radish.
Shred carrot the same way.
Mix shredded radish (or cabbage if used) and carrot;... - 30.5574
Lamb Shashlik With Caraway Sauce
Trim excess fat from lamb; place lamb in a large shallow dish.
Combine wine and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
Pour marinade over lamb; cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.
Remove lamb from marinade, and set aside.
Transfer... - 37.1684
Chicken Rice Salad
1. The evening before, place the chicken thighs in a steamer set over boiling water for 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Alternatively, simmer them in shallow water in a frying pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the steamer or pan and set aside to cool.
2.... - 34.5649
Skewered Beef And Mushrooms
Partially freeze beef; thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
Place beef in a shallow dish.
Combine soy sauce, sesame seed, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, salt, crushed red pepper, and dash pepper.
Pour the soy mixture over beef; let stand for 30... - 39.6311
Prawn And Rice Salad
Saute finely chopped onions in 1 oz. (2 tablespoons) heated butter until lightly browned; remove from pan.
Add remaining butter to pan.
Fry sliced mushrooms in this until tender (about 3 minutes).
Spoon onion and mushroom mixture into rice, adding pan... - 36.819
Thrice Cooked Pork
Step I: Boil strips of belly pork for 10 minutes.
Remove and cool.
Cut against grain into slices approximately 1/4 inch thick.
Step II: Using a high flame, heat pan and add oil, salt, ginger, and garlic.
Next add pork and stir for 1 minute.
Add sherry and... - 37.8109
Garden Rice Salad
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Rinse with cold water; drain.
Arrange peas in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
Cover and steam 2 minutes or until tender.
Combine rice, peas, cucumber, and next 5 ingredients in a... - 42.4476
Liver Kebabs With Onion Rice
Stretch the bacon rashers, then cut each in half crossways.
Thread the bacon rolls onto skewers alternately with the liver cubes, mushrooms and tomato halves.
Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
For the rice, melt the butter... - 39.9668
Best Spice Cake
Sift flour, measure, and resift 3 times with baking powder and salt.
Combine spices and mix thoroughly with boiling water.
Cream butter until soft and smooth, blend in 3/4 cup of the sugar, and add beaten egg yolks.
Beat until light and fluffy.
Stir in spice... - 39.0959
Peachy Chicken Kabobs
Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
Thread chicken evenly onto 3 (12-inch) skewers.
Thread pepper, peach halves, and onion alternately onto 6 (12-inch) skewers.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350°... - 34.6371
Shrimp Kabob Dinner
Cut slit in center of plastic film on rice tray.
Microwave tray of frozen rice on high (100%) until thawed, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes; stir.
Alternate shrimp, pineapple, tomatoes and green pepper on each of 2 wooden skewers.
Place kabobs on 9-inch plate; brush with... - 33.5082
Pork And Apple Kebabs
Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
Soak saffron 5 min in 2 tbs boiling water; strain.
Wrap bacon around each piece of apple.
Thread pork, apple rolls and prunes alternately on skewers and brush with butter.
Grill 15 min, turning often.
Add salt and pepper to... - 42.7561
Monkfish And Mussel Skewers
1. Cut the monkfish into 2.5 cm / 1 in cubes and place in a shallow glass dish. Mix together the oil, lemon juice, paprika and garlic clove and season.
2. Pour the marinade over the fish and toss to coat evenly. Cover and leave in a cool place for 30... - 36.0162
Danish Apple Cake
If using cracker or bread crumbs, you may want to add wheat germ, sesame seeds or ground almonds.
There should be 4 cups of crumbs including any additions.
In heavy skillet, saute crumbs lightly in butter and oil, stirring constantly.
Add honey and cinnamon... - 40.3467
Chicken And Pineapple Kebabs
Cut the meat across the grain into 1 cm/1/2 inch wide strips, then into even-sized cubes.
Thread the chicken and pineapple on to skewers, beginning and ending with a pineapple chunk and with two chicken and one pineapple chunk alternately in between.
Arrange... - 33.7881
1. Cook the rice in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with hot water.
2. Poach the haddock fillets in water until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively place the haddock in a... - 29.6535
Skin and bone the eel.
Wash all the fish, remove any skin or bones, cut into cubes (not too small) and put in a bowl.
Add the salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and caraway seeds; toss the fish cubes in the seasoning.
Peel and halve... - 39.6402
Pork And Apple Skewers With Mustard
1. To make the mustard sauce, combine the mustards in a small bowl and slowly blend in the cream. Leave to stand while you prepare the pork and apple skewers.
2. Cut the pork fillet into bite-size pieces and set aside until required.
3. Core the apples, then... - 38.7877
1) In a large bowl, soak black rice overnight in plenty of water.
2) Drain rice and wash thoroughly to remove husks.
3) In a large saucepan fill water to half.
4) Add sugars, salt and cinnamon stick. Boil and stir in rice.
5) Cook the... - 39.6574
Preheat oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
Slice the top off the garlic head, about 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) from the top.
Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Remove the aluminum foil and press the baked garlic until all... - 33.592
Southwest Turkey Casserole
1. In a 4-quart flameproof casserole, combine the rice, green chiles, olives, tomatoes and their juices, broth, 1 teaspoon salt, and the ground cumin. Add the turkey and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days, or freeze for up... - 33.0871
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a glass or ceramic dish.
2. Cut meat into 1 1/2 inch cubes, removing any skin, and sausage into round slices 1/2 inch thick.
3. Soak meat, sausage and mushrooms in marinade for 12 to 24 hours (refrigerate in hot weather).... - 38.3077
Butterfly Leg Of Lamb
1. Get the leg of lamb boned by the meatman and slit lengthwise to spread flat like a thick steak.
2. In shallow baking pan blend remaining ingredients.
3. Place meat in the marinade and let it stand one hour at room temperature or... - 44.0109
1. To prepare peas rinse then add to 8 cups cold water and bring to boiling.
2. Simmer 2 minutes then remove from heat and let it stand for one hour with cover.
3. Alternately or soak the peas overnight and drain.
4. In a Dutch oven... - 41.1583
1. In a pan of cold water, soak bamboo skewers at least 15 minutes to prevent charring.
2. In a small saucepan, combine sherry, soy sauce and chicken broth and bring just to boiling.
3. Remove from heat, pour into a shallow, 2-quart... - 38.0894
Glazed Sausage Kebabs
1. To make the glaze in a small pan, gently heat all the glaze ingredients together stirring to mix tor a couple of minutes.
2. Heat the grill to medium, thread alternate pieces of sausage, courgette, tomato, apple and onion on to 8 small skewers and... - 40.4454
Layered Beef Vegetable Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Saute ground beef, onions, and green pepper together until beef is browned. Drain fat. Add salt; mix well.
3. Place sliced potato in bottom of 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
4. Alternate layers of carrots, rice, and meat.
5. Pour... - 34.3628
Steamed White Rice
1) Over medium heat, bring 2 cups of water to a boil in the bottom of a steamer unit. Alternatively, a saucepan large enough to accommodate bamboo steamer or steamer insert can also be used.
2) In the meantime, place the rice in a bowl that will fit in... - 30.3135
Kale And Brown Rice
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Wash kale, remove leaves, and steam until almost tender.
3) Oil an ovenproof casserole.
1) Combine cooked rice, cheese, and eggs.
2) Add parsley and pepper.
3) In the casserole, arrange alternate layers of... - 42.2748
Green Pea Pilaf
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil over moderate-low heat.
2) After the oil gets heated, add 2 of the chopped onions, cinnamon sticks, ginger, chili powder, turmeric, and cumin seeds and cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Gradually, add 5 cups water and allow... - 46.1123
Kebabs And Onion Rice
1. Trim the excess fat from bacon rashers and slice into halves.
2. Slice the liver into cubes. Roll each cube with the piece of bacon.
3. Take skewers and thread halved tomatoes, liver, bacon and mushroom caps alternately. Season well... - 42.8378
Tuna Salmon Sushi Roll
These sushi rolls look and taste amazing. Use very fresh raw tuna and salmon. These are just like California Rolls with crab meat, avocado and cucumber but topped with tuna and salmon that make the sushi look very pretty. These are perfect for a party... - 123.134
Italian Vegetables With Grilled Steak
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing or preheat oven to 450 F.
2. In foil pan combine all vegetables except garlic.
3. Alternately place the vegetables in the center of a 24-inch-long sheet of foil.
4. Using garlic press, press... - 44.7922