- » Alsace
Alsace cuisine is predominately found to have strong Germanic influences. Pork is found in many different forms in the local cuisine and there are several local types of Alsace food that have become world ... More »
Alsace Apple Tart
Finally an interesting and good recipe of Alsace Apple Tart has arrived. The Alsace Apple Tart is one of the most popular creations of the German Cuisine. It is always prepared with Apple as the most essential ingredient. Best enjoyed as a Dessert this recipe... - 46.059
Alsace Leek And Onion Tartlets
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or rub in the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Beat... - 45.1819
Alsace Onion Tart
1) Preheat the oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt.
3) Rub in the butter till the mix resembles breadcrumbs.
4) Make a well in the centre of the mix and add in a mix of lightly beaten egg yolk with... - 44.0432
Soak the prunes in the orange juice overnight.
Simmer in the soaking liquor until tender, then drain, reserving 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the orange juice.
Stone the prunes.
Blend yeast with the reserved orange juice, castor sugar, milk and plain... - 43.8804
Alsace Cheese Pizzas
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
To make yeast dough, prepare hot roll mix with water according to pizza recipe on package.
To make topping, peel onion and slice into rings.
Melt butter in a skillet.
Add onion rings; fry lightly.
Chop bacon into small pieces;... - 43.7475
Alsace Plum Tart
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix the egg yolks and water together, sprinkle over the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough.
2. Lightly knead on a... - 42.5171
Boil potatoes and cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch slices.
While still warm, put into bowl and pour on wine; marinate for 15 minutes.
Drain off excess wine.
Mix onion with potatoes.
Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon salt in vinegar and toss with potato-onion mixture; add pepper... - 36.1008
Alsace Recipes By Category