Allegro Marinade is a brand which produces a collection of marinades, for meat, vegetable or barbecued dishes. Their products range from original marinades to classic marinades and sauces. Some of the most famous are the Original Marinade, Teriyaki Marinade, Balsamic Vinegar Marinade, Barbecue and Brisket Sauces.
The Allegro Marinade originated in 1955 in the city of Paris, Tennesse. Betsy and Dave Wilcox concocted the original formula for tenderizing and marinading the meats for their everyday dinners. They went on to use this in their restaurant Pagiliacci in 1972, and it became an overnight favourite with the diners. Such was the popularity and demand for their marinade, that they finally shut down the restaurant in 1979, and started manufacturing various marinades.
- Original Marinade – This was the first and the most favourite marinade and was used as a steak marinade to tenderize meat and enhance the flavour.
- Teriyaki Marinade – This is mostly used for chicken, pork and stir-fry vegetables. It has a sweet, sour and spicy taste because of a blend of soy, oriental spices and savoury Polynesian flavour.
- GAME TAME Marinade – This is for those who are passionate about hunting and fishing, and can be used to flavour and tenderize their catch.
- Hot & Spicy Marinade – This marinade is spicy and tangy because of the unique spices, peppers and French flavours used from the Deep South Cajun country.
- Hickory Smoke Marinade – This marinade has been specially made to give the original roasting or smokey flavour that one obtains using hickory wood chips, and therefore the name.
- Balsamic Vinegar Marinade – This is the classic marinade which has a blend of soy sauce, savoury spices and balsamic vinegar, as the name suggests.
- Raspberry Chipotle Marinade – This has a sweet and hot flavour with a mix of soy sauce, chipotle pepper and raspberries.
- Soy & Lime Marinade – This is a mix of soy sauce, lime and special spices enhanced with some horseradish.
- Gold Buckle Brisket Sauce – This has special spices which tenderize the brisket and lend a smoky flavour.
- Original BAR-B-Q Sauce – This is the absolute sauce for grilled food with a perfect mix of spices and the distinguished hickory smoke flavour.
- Spicy BAR-B-Q Sauce – This is for grilled food but for those who prefer the food extra spiced up.