- » African Vegetable
African Vegetable Recipes
African Vegetable is a general term that includes all the numerous indigenous vegetable varieties that grow in different parts of the African continent. These range from Amaranth, Beans, Cowpeas, Eggplants, Peppers, ... More »
Peri Peri Sauce
Its time to tickle your taste buds!! Try this Peri Peri sauce - a Portuguese style hot chili sauce. Made from red, hot chilies, this is a fiery and fragrant sauce used widely in Portugal and Africa. This sauce goes wonderfully well with grilled chicken, fish... - 138.329
Moroccan Vegetable Tagine With Couscous
1. In large soup pot heat oil over medium heat.
2. Cook adding onion, garlic and carrot and stir 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Add cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper and cinnamon to pot.
4. Continue to cook and stir for 3 to 4 more minutes, until spices... - 134.536
Moroccan Couscous And Vegetable Salad
Have tried making a salad with couscous! If not then make a salad using all the fresh vegetables and mix in some couscous using the guidance of this video! Its light and easy and the video has simple instructions! - 130.245
Shrimp And Sausage Gumbo
If you love Cajun recipes like Chef Scott, then you much have this Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo recipe which is his favorite Cajun dish. This video is absolutely enlightening as Scott tell you how to replace the shrimp and sausages with your favorite meat. So,... - 128.298
African Cassava Leaves Stew
For all those, who prefer to get adventurous with their palate here is an African Cassava Leaves Stew. This is a unique recipe and you should be open for different flavors to try it. Watch this recipe video, where it is prepared with meat, fish and peanuts.... - 115.61
Sweet Potato Leaves And Beef Curry
Sweet Potato Leaves and Beef Curry is a unique dish. If you like to eat green leafy vegetables you must try it out. Watch this video for the details of this recipe. The greens go really well with the beef. Give it a go! - 113.77
Garden Egg And Chicken Stew
Try something new in your kitchen. Watch this recipe video for Garden Egg and Chicken Stew. This African dish is unique as it is thickened with the garden egg puree. Have a look at the video and give it a go. - 112.368
African Lettuce Soup
African Lettuce Soup might come to you as a surprise. This is a simple braised dish flavored with fish and meats. Watch this video for the details of this classic African soup that goes well with rice. - 109.823
Easy Moroccan Style Potato And Egg Sandwiches
Inspired by Moroccan street food, this luscious potato and egg dish makes for a quick grub on especially hungry evenings. Chef Hermann shares with us a recipe that is truly a breeze to make and is truly satiating. If you are a fan of potatoes or eggs and seek... - 97.9259
Homemade African Spinach Mushroom Peanut Stew
Is there any food more comforting and satiating than a piping hot bowl of stew in middle of winter? This African spinach mushroom peanut stew is one dish that won't just satiate your hunger, but will also appease your soul. This video recipe presents an... - 88.1685
Ethiopian Vegetable Stew
Want to make a vegetarian specialty for your family today? Watch this video now to learn a tasty Ethiopian Vegetable Stew recipe now. You are sure to bag a lot of compliments for this dish. - 87.2204
African Trout With Roast Vegetable Couscous
Would you like to try an African delicacy today? This one is just perfect for you. Watch this video now to learn the step by step procedure to prepare African Trout with Roast Vegetable Couscous now. - 78.1259
Marrowfat Peas In Garlic And Tomato Sauce
There are not many protein friendly recipes for vegetarians, so if you are looking for one; here is a great marrowfat peas in garlic and tomato sauce recipe from Jameela, which is really simple and very flavorful. Even the meat lovers would like it. So take a... - 76.9632
Ghanaian Kontomire Cocoyam Leaf Stew - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
As anyone will tell you, Ghana stews are quite sophisticated and promising with liberal use of exotic ingredients and delivering a gamut of flavors, textures and spices. And this stew is no different. Made with kontomire cocoyam leaf, this hearty stew would... - 63.9509
Authentic African Cassava Leaves With Peanuts And Palm Oil
Have you ever tried the Authentic African Cassava Leaves with Peanuts and Palm Oil? Its time you did. Watch this video now to learn how you can prepare this African condiment in your own kitchen. We bet you will love it. Watch it now. - 59.194
Egyptian Lentil Soup
Saute 2 tablespoons minced onion in 1 tablespoon butter in saute pan; set aside.
Rinse and sort lentils.
Bring chicken stock to a boil in large heavy saucepan over high heat.
Add lentils, 1 chopped onion, tomato and garlic; reduce heat.
Simmer, partially... - 45.7901
Couscous With Beans And Carrots
In a medium saucepan combine the water, carrots, onion, and vegetable bouillon cube.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
Stir in the pea pods.
Cover and simmer about 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir the... - 45.2355
African Spiced Vegetable Salad
1. Steam the cauliflower, carrots and broccoli for a couple of minutes, covered; rinse under cold water when done and drain away all the water
2. In a small skillet, combine the red pepper, ginger, cumin, coriander, nutmeg and salt and cook over medium... - 44.7908
Seven Vegetable Couscous
1. Chop and discard roots from leeks.
2. Make a 3-inch deep X cut on the white bulb and into the green of each leek.
3. In a bowl, place leeks and pour enough water to cover.
4. Add the vinegar and let the leeks soak for about 30 minutes to... - 44.2195
Moroccan Vegetable Stew With Couscous And Mint Gremolata
To make the stew:
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 7 or 8 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the carrots, tomatoes,... - 43.2743
In a medium saucepan, blend 4 cups of the vegetable stock with the turmeric and curry powder.
Add the soaked chickpeas, bring to a simmer, and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Drain and set aside.
In a medium saute pan, heat 14 cup of the stock over medium heat and... - 43.2016
African Sweet Potato Salad
Heat enough salted water to cover potatoes ( 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes; drain.
Cool potatoes; slip off skins.
Cube potatoes; place in glass or... - 42.3241
Groundnut Vegetable Stew From Ghana
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and pepper in oil for about 5 minutes over a low heat..
2) Stir in the aubergines, carrots, tomatoes, liquid and peanut butter, allow to simmer until softened.
3) Stir in the peas or beans and cook for further 10... - 41.6575
Mix together spinach, onion, and basil; cook in Radarange oven 1 minute.
Turn into electric blender container; blend until smooth.
Heat butter or margarine in 10" glass pie plate in oven 45 seconds.
Add sliced mushrooms; cook 1 minute.
Sprinkle with flour,... - 41.6342
1. Place the acorn squash, bell pepper, carrots and stock in a medium-size saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high... - 39.4439
Popular and spicy West African chicken and rice dish. - 39.3288
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
In a cooking pot, heat oil.
Lightly cook onions.
Add bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes.
Over low heat, simmer.
In a bowl, combine beaten eggs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese and mixed herbs.
Pour into cooking pot, mixing well.
In... - 38.5645
Moroccan Vegetable Tagine
Put all the vegetables in a roasting pan and marinate with salt and pepper.
Roast in an oven for 20 minutes at 180Â° C.
While roasting vegetables you can start on the tagine sauce.
Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom pan.
Add chopped onion and garlic.
Saute... - 38.5294
To Cook Carrots: In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter or margarine.
Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, and cayenne and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in carrots and cook over medium heat until well coated and sugar is melted, about 3 minutes.
Add orange... - 38.0806
Tunisian Vegetable Stew
In a large skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Add the cabbage, sprinkle with salt, and continue to saute for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the bell pepper, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne... - 37.9221
Vegetable Tagine With Chickpeas And Raisins
1. Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onions for 5 mins until soft. Stir in the spices. Add the courgettes, tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins and stock, then bring to the boil.
2. Cover, then simmer for 10 mins. Stir in the peas, then cook for 5 mins more.... - 36.8356
Moroccan Carrot Salad
Blanch carrots in boiling water 30 seconds or until crisp-tender.
Drain; rinse under cold water until cool.
Drain,- place in a medium bowl.
Combine green onions and next 7 ingredients; pour over carrots.
Add parsley, orange rind, and lemon rind; stir... - 36.2489
Vegetable Tagine With Almond And Chickpea Couscous
1. Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
2. Add the peppers and cook for 8-10... - 35.3144
Make a shallow cut across top of each row of corn kernels.
Cut corn off cob.
Scrape cob to remove corn liquid (should have about 4 cups).
In 1 1/2 quart casserole, combine oil and onion.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once.
Add com, tomato,... - 34.2892
1. Spread the couscous on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the water, and mix lightly with the fingers to moisten all grains.
2. Place grains in a muslin-lined colander over a pan of boiling water, or in a special couscous pot. Cover and steam for 20 minutes.... - 33.3833
Taiba is a yummy preparation that will definitely be a winner at the next party you host. I served the taiba last week for my husbands' colleagues and they loved it. Donâ€™t miss this one out. - 31.0379
Moroccan Carrot Salad
This Moroccan Carrot Salad tastes simply incredible ! Try these irresistibly carrots with pasta or meat and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Moroccan Carrot Salad are welcome ! - 30.6342
African Vegetable Recipes By Category
African Vegetable Course: African Vegetable Ingredient: