- » African Vegetable
African Vegetable Recipes
African Vegetable is a general term that includes all the numerous indigenous vegetable varieties that grow in different parts of the African continent. These range from Amaranth, Beans, Cowpeas, Eggplants, Peppers, ... More »
Moroccan Vegetable Tagine With Couscous
1. In large soup pot heat oil over medium heat.
2. Cook adding onion, garlic and carrot and stir 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Add cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper and cinnamon to pot.
4. Continue to cook and stir for 3 to 4 more minutes, until spices... - 132.898
Moroccan Couscous And Vegetable Salad
Have tried making a salad with couscous! If not then make a salad using all the fresh vegetables and mix in some couscous using the guidance of this video! Its light and easy and the video has simple instructions! - 128.961
Garden Egg And Chicken Stew
Try something new in your kitchen. Watch this recipe video for Garden Egg and Chicken Stew. This African dish is unique as it is thickened with the garden egg puree. Have a look at the video and give it a go. - 110.811
Peri Peri Sauce
Its time to tickle your taste buds!! Try this Peri Peri sauce - a Portuguese style hot chili sauce. Made from red, hot chilies, this is a fiery and fragrant sauce used widely in Portugal and Africa. This sauce goes wonderfully well with grilled chicken, fish... - 110.456
Shrimp And Sausage Gumbo
If you love Cajun recipes like Chef Scott, then you much have this Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo recipe which is his favorite Cajun dish. This video is absolutely enlightening as Scott tell you how to replace the shrimp and sausages with your favorite meat. So,... - 96.5753
Easy Moroccan Style Potato And Egg Sandwiches
Inspired by Moroccan street food, this luscious potato and egg dish makes for a quick grub on especially hungry evenings. Chef Hermann shares with us a recipe that is truly a breeze to make and is truly satiating. If you are a fan of potatoes or eggs and seek... - 96.372
Ethiopian Vegetable Stew
Want to make a vegetarian specialty for your family today? Watch this video now to learn a tasty Ethiopian Vegetable Stew recipe now. You are sure to bag a lot of compliments for this dish. - 85.637
Marrowfat Peas In Garlic And Tomato Sauce
There are not many protein friendly recipes for vegetarians, so if you are looking for one; here is a great marrowfat peas in garlic and tomato sauce recipe from Jameela, which is really simple and very flavorful. Even the meat lovers would like it. So take a... - 75.3828
Ghanaian Kontomire Cocoyam Leaf Stew - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
As anyone will tell you, Ghana stews are quite sophisticated and promising with liberal use of exotic ingredients and delivering a gamut of flavors, textures and spices. And this stew is no different. Made with kontomire cocoyam leaf, this hearty stew would... - 60.7145
Authentic African Cassava Leaves With Peanuts And Palm Oil
Have you ever tried the Authentic African Cassava Leaves with Peanuts and Palm Oil? Its time you did. Watch this video now to learn how you can prepare this African condiment in your own kitchen. We bet you will love it. Watch it now. - 57.497
Egyptian Lentil Soup
Saute 2 tablespoons minced onion in 1 tablespoon butter in saute pan; set aside.
Rinse and sort lentils.
Bring chicken stock to a boil in large heavy saucepan over high heat.
Add lentils, 1 chopped onion, tomato and garlic; reduce heat.
Simmer, partially... - 46.1917
Couscous With Beans And Carrots
In a medium saucepan combine the water, carrots, onion, and vegetable bouillon cube.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
Stir in the pea pods.
Cover and simmer about 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir the... - 45.4759
Moroccan Vegetable Stew With Couscous And Mint Gremolata
To make the stew:
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 7 or 8 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the carrots, tomatoes,... - 45.0768
In a medium saucepan, blend 4 cups of the vegetable stock with the turmeric and curry powder.
Add the soaked chickpeas, bring to a simmer, and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Drain and set aside.
In a medium saute pan, heat 14 cup of the stock over medium heat and... - 44.7631
African Sweet Potato Salad
Heat enough salted water to cover potatoes ( 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes; drain.
Cool potatoes; slip off skins.
Cube potatoes; place in glass or... - 44.0368
Groundnut Vegetable Stew From Ghana
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and pepper in oil for about 5 minutes over a low heat..
2) Stir in the aubergines, carrots, tomatoes, liquid and peanut butter, allow to simmer until softened.
3) Stir in the peas or beans and cook for further 10... - 43.6835
Mix together spinach, onion, and basil; cook in Radarange oven 1 minute.
Turn into electric blender container; blend until smooth.
Heat butter or margarine in 10" glass pie plate in oven 45 seconds.
Add sliced mushrooms; cook 1 minute.
Sprinkle with flour,... - 43.248
African Spiced Vegetable Salad
1. Steam the cauliflower, carrots and broccoli for a couple of minutes, covered; rinse under cold water when done and drain away all the water
2. In a small skillet, combine the red pepper, ginger, cumin, coriander, nutmeg and salt and cook over medium... - 42.7826
Seven Vegetable Couscous
1. Chop and discard roots from leeks.
2. Make a 3-inch deep X cut on the white bulb and into the green of each leek.
3. In a bowl, place leeks and pour enough water to cover.
4. Add the vinegar and let the leeks soak for about 30 minutes to... - 42.0372
1. Place the acorn squash, bell pepper, carrots and stock in a medium-size saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high... - 41.8854
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
In a cooking pot, heat oil.
Lightly cook onions.
Add bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes.
Over low heat, simmer.
In a bowl, combine beaten eggs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese and mixed herbs.
Pour into cooking pot, mixing well.
In... - 41.0258
Moroccan Vegetable Tagine
Put all the vegetables in a roasting pan and marinate with salt and pepper.
Roast in an oven for 20 minutes at 180Â° C.
While roasting vegetables you can start on the tagine sauce.
Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom pan.
Add chopped onion and garlic.
Saute... - 39.7695
To Cook Carrots: In a large skillet over low heat, melt butter or margarine.
Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, and cayenne and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in carrots and cook over medium heat until well coated and sugar is melted, about 3 minutes.
Add orange... - 39.6387
Moroccan Carrot Salad
Blanch carrots in boiling water 30 seconds or until crisp-tender.
Drain; rinse under cold water until cool.
Drain,- place in a medium bowl.
Combine green onions and next 7 ingredients; pour over carrots.
Add parsley, orange rind, and lemon rind; stir... - 38.413
Tunisian Vegetable Stew
In a large skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Add the cabbage, sprinkle with salt, and continue to saute for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the bell pepper, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne... - 38.2563
Vegetable Tagine With Chickpeas And Raisins
1. Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onions for 5 mins until soft. Stir in the spices. Add the courgettes, tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins and stock, then bring to the boil.
2. Cover, then simmer for 10 mins. Stir in the peas, then cook for 5 mins more.... - 37.042
Popular and spicy West African chicken and rice dish. - 35.878
Make a shallow cut across top of each row of corn kernels.
Cut corn off cob.
Scrape cob to remove corn liquid (should have about 4 cups).
In 1 1/2 quart casserole, combine oil and onion.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once.
Add com, tomato,... - 35.4231
1. Spread the couscous on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the water, and mix lightly with the fingers to moisten all grains.
2. Place grains in a muslin-lined colander over a pan of boiling water, or in a special couscous pot. Cover and steam for 20 minutes.... - 35.0515
Vegetable Tagine With Almond And Chickpea Couscous
1. Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
2. Add the peppers and cook for 8-10... - 34.9048
Taiba is a yummy preparation that will definitely be a winner at the next party you host. I served the taiba last week for my husbands' colleagues and they loved it. Donâ€™t miss this one out. - 33.4402
Moroccan Carrot Salad
This Moroccan Carrot Salad tastes simply incredible ! Try these irresistibly carrots with pasta or meat and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Moroccan Carrot Salad are welcome ! - 31.8899
Creole Okra is a mouth watering dish which you would surely want to get your guest's attention. I bet, serve this Creole Okra and the taste would be just heavenly! - 30.5419
Fried Okra is an easy to prepare side dish recipe which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 30.2438
Okra With Corn
Okra With Corn is an irresistible side dish recipe. This delicious Okra With Corn is something you would never want to miss out on! - 29.3749
Quick Fried Plantains
Fried Plantains is an irresistible recipe that you will surely love to try. A delicious recipe prepared with plantains; I am sure you will enjoy this Fried Plantains!. - 29.3613
Delicious with or without saffron, this Kurdish-influenced side dish is an excellent alternative to rice. Saffron Couscous is wonderful served warm, or at room temperature. Delicious with roasted lamb, it's also excellent with your favorite fish - 18.1129
African Vegetable Recipes By Category
African Vegetable Course: African Vegetable Ingredient: