- » African Tomato
African Tomato Recipes
Enjoy our collection of african tomato recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for african tomato recipes.
Moroccan Tomato Jam - Appetizer
The Moroccan cuisine is well known for its beautiful flavors. The Moroccan Tomato Jam is an authentic fare coming right at you. In Morocco, they caramelize tomatoes with honey and orange blossom water and serve it as an appetizer (hot or cold) with bread. But... - 143.417
Spaghetti With Tomato And Beef Sauce
You must have tried spaghetti Bolognese. What if we twist its flavors to African? Try this Spaghetti with Tomato and Beef Sauce. It is similar to Bolognese but has a touch of Africa in it. Have a look at this video for the recipe and see if you like it. - 108.651
Marrowfat Peas In Garlic And Tomato Sauce
There are not many protein friendly recipes for vegetarians, so if you are looking for one; here is a great marrowfat peas in garlic and tomato sauce recipe from Jameela, which is really simple and very flavorful. Even the meat lovers would like it. So take a... - 76.9632
Pili Pili Tomato Salad
Pili Pili Tomato Salad is a unique preparation that must be tried by all food lovers. The Pili Pili Tomato Salad consists of the traditional African Pili Pili hot relish which has a distinct, peppery flavor. Include this Pili Pili Tomato Salad in your next... - 49.9481
Chicken And Tomato Gumbo
1. In a 3-quart casserole dish, place chicken.
2. Cover the dish.
3. Heat over High for 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
4. Remove chicken to cool.
5. After cooling, separate chicken meat from the bones.
6. Discard bones.
7. In a casserole,... - 49.087
Tomato Apricot Chutney
1. In a large heavy, keep all the ingredients and heat over medium-low heat.
2. Gently simmer uncovered for 1 1/4 hours; stir often.
3. Bring it to boil and then reduce the heat.
4. Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
5. Let the chutney at room... - 46.5414
African Chicken With Almond Tomato Sauce
1) In a large skillet, place oil and heat over high temperature.
2) Put chicken and cook till brown on all sides.
3) Remove and keep only 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet.
4) Reduce heat to low and add onion.
5) Cook, uncovered for about 5 minutes.
6)... - 45.877
Okra Tomato Bake
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 350°.
2) Take a large skillet and cook the bacon until it becomes crisp. Drain with the help of paper towels.
3) Preserve the drippings from the bacon in the skillet.
4) Crumble the bacon and keep it... - 44.8638
Tomato Okra Soup
1. Heat half the butter. Brown rice to golden brown.
2. Add stock. Bring to boil.
3. Chop celery, capsicum (with seeds removed and washed thoroughly) and onion.
4. Blanch and mash tomatoes.
5. Slice ladies fingers into roundels.
6. Heat remaining butter. Fry... - 44.7744
Slow Baked Tomatoes With Lamb And Minted Rice
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine lamb, onion, mint, and thyme in a Dutch oven; cook over medium heat until lamb is brown, stirring to crumble.
Drain in a colander; return lamb mixture to pan.
Add cumin, cinnamon, Minted Rice, tomato puree, and garlic cloves to... - 41.3928
Chef Bayo's Tanzanian Green Tomato Chutney
1. In a large heavy pot, add green tomatoes, onions, papayas, sugar, vinegar, salt, and spices; stir well to mix.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and then slightly reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for about 1 hour until the mixture is thick.
4. Cool... - 39.6803
Chilled Moroccan Tomato Soup
In a saucepan or a large refrigerator container, combine the tomatoes, celery, scallions, tomato juice, and orange juice.
In a small skillet on low heat, warm the olive oil.
Saute the garlic, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon for just a minute, being careful not... - 38.9365
Tomato & Pepper Relish With Moroccan Lemons
Place bell peppers in a 9 to 10-inch-wide pan; broil 4 inches f rom heat, turning as needed, until charred on all sides, 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove peel, stems, and seeds.
Drain tomatoes, reserving juice for another use.
Coarsely chop... - 37.3363
Fennel And Tomato Gratin
1. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan, then add the fennel, cover and stew over a low heat for 15 mins. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 10-20 mins until the fennel is soft (the timing depends on how thick the fennel is). Add tomatoes and simmer,... - 36.5864
1. Drain the chickpeas in a colander, rinse and drain again. Put them into a saucepan, cover with water to a depth of 5 cm (2 inches) above the chickpeas and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours, or until the chickpeas... - 34.0987
Cowpea Chow Chow
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour. - 27.061