- » African Stew
African Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of african stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for african stew recipes.
Fish Balls Stew -african Food
Finally, we have an authentic West African Fish balls stew! Slightly time consuming but totally worth it. Enjoy this so called soupe de boulette de poisson with hot steamed rice, - 119.692
Fish And Eggplant Stew
How would you call a stew with a combination of fish, meat, eggplant and tomatoes? Probably not fish stew or meat stew. I don’t know how to call this delicious stew in English but this stew happen to be one of the most delicious among Guinean stews. It... - 117.125
African Eggplant Stew With Fish
You will definitely like this African Eggplant Stew with Fish if you like eggplants and curry. This is a country style preparation. The fish and eggplant go really well together. Take a look and try it out. - 115.238
Red Kidney Beans And Beef Stew
Are you a chili fan? How about some African chili? Watch this video recipe for Red Kidney Beans and Beef Stew. It is a rustic dish unlike the chili. So take your taste buds on an African safari tonight. Bon Appétit! - 114.592
Beef Stew - African Food
African Beef Soup is a hearty dish that can also be served as a main course with some bread or rice. Watch this video recipe for this simple dish that calls for a few ingredients and is very economic. Give it a try! - 114.408
African Fish Ball Stew
Fish curry gets a new avatar in this African Fish Ball Stew. Watch this video to learn this simple and flavorful dish. To make it easier, you can use boneless fish fillets. Try this dish for a change! - 112.468
Garden Egg And Chicken Stew
Try something new in your kitchen. Watch this recipe video for Garden Egg and Chicken Stew. This African dish is unique as it is thickened with the garden egg puree. Have a look at the video and give it a go. - 110.811
Egg stew is not only quick and easy to make but it is also so yummy. It can be served with boiled yams, potatoes, sweet potatoes or cassava. The recipe cost is also extremely cheap. It can be served for breakfast or dinner. I personally love this stew and I... - 107.816
Egusi Soup also called Agusi stew is a common stew in many African countries, in Nigeria Egusi soup is enjoyed almost every day. It is made from ground melon seed and can be served with any type of FuFu ( pounded yam, Gari ….) . Here you will find out an... - 106.954
Eru Or Afang Soup
Afang soup is a made from Okazi leaves. Afang soup is also known as Eru in Cameroon and the leaves are called Mfumbua in Congo. There is ton of way to make this dish but this is just a basic recipe that you are going to love. The fresh leaves also known as... - 106.585
African Sweet Potato Stew
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and using a sharp knife, carefully cut them in chunks.
2. In a large pot, heat vegetable oil and add onions and garlic, and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add the sweet potatoes,... - 105.389
African Spinach Mushroom Peanut Stew 非洲菠菜洋菇花生燉菜
Is there any food more comforting and satiating than a piping hot bowl of stew in middle of winter? This African spinach mushroom peanut stew is one dish that won't just satiate your hunger, but will also appease your soul. This video recipe presents an... - 95.6818
Ethiopian Vegetable Stew
Want to make a vegetarian specialty for your family today? Watch this video now to learn a tasty Ethiopian Vegetable Stew recipe now. You are sure to bag a lot of compliments for this dish. - 85.637
Hot & Spicy Smoked Fish Stew
Looking for a yummy recipe to serve today? Here's one just for you. Watch the chef make this brilliant Hot & Spicy Smoked Fish Stew that is sure going to impress your family. Hit the play button now. - 84.9795
Ethiopian Style Lentil Stew
Want to try a spicy and flavorful stew recipe today? Here's one specially handcrafted for you. Watch the chef share his personal recipe to prepare this Ethiopian Style Lentil Stew that is sure to impress all. Treat your family to this gourmet delight today. - 82.5107
African Beef Stew With Spinach
Looking for the original African Beef Stew with Spinach recipe? You've got it right here. Watch the chef share her secret recipe in this video. Hit the play button now. - 75.5595
Ghanaian Kontomire Cocoyam Leaf Stew - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
As anyone will tell you, Ghana stews are quite sophisticated and promising with liberal use of exotic ingredients and delivering a gamut of flavors, textures and spices. And this stew is no different. Made with kontomire cocoyam leaf, this hearty stew would... - 60.7145
Nigerian Beef Spinach Stew
1) Rinse the spinach, and snap away the tough stems.
2) Make small pieces by tearing the spinach.
3) Thinly slice the onions and separate the slices into rings.
4) Slice all the whole tomatoes.
5) Stir in the cornstarch into 1 tablespoon of cold... - 47.0669
Moroccan Chicken Stew
In 3-quart casserole, combine carrots, onion, rutabaga, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, caraway and pepper.
Microwave at High for 9 to 13 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice.
Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, raisins and salt.
Set... - 46.8693
African Beef And Ground Nut Stew
This African Beef and Groundnut Stew is simply amazing ! You'll not come to taste a better combination of okra, meat and spices ! Just try this African Beef and Groundnut Stew and let me know if you like it ! - 45.5424
In a large shallow pan, combine 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon black pepper, chili powder and salt; mix well.
Dust the meat, about 1/2 cup of the carrot rounds and the onion slices with flour mixture.
In a large stew pot or Dutch oven, heat bacon drippings.
Saute... - 45.288
Moroccan Vegetable Stew With Couscous And Mint Gremolata
To make the stew:
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 7 or 8 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the carrots, tomatoes,... - 45.0768
Groundnut Vegetable Stew From Ghana
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and pepper in oil for about 5 minutes over a low heat..
2) Stir in the aubergines, carrots, tomatoes, liquid and peanut butter, allow to simmer until softened.
3) Stir in the peas or beans and cook for further 10... - 43.6835
African Pineapple Peanut Stew
In a covered saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequendy, until the onions are lighdy browned.
While the onions saute, wash the kale or Swiss chard.
Remove and discard the large stems and any blemished... - 42.0702
1. Place the acorn squash, bell pepper, carrots and stock in a medium-size saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high... - 41.8854
Doro Wat Chicken Stew
Melt butter in large stockpot.
Add onions and garlic.
Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add Berbere, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add chicken pieces, turning to coat well.
Simmer, adding enough water to maintain the... - 41.8456
Moroccan Lamb Stew
Spray a 4-quart ovenproof Dutch oven with no-stick spray.
Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
Heat over medium heat.
Add the lamb and garlic.
Cook and stir until the meat is well browned.
Stir in the flour.
Then stir in the stock or broth, tomato paste,... - 41.4022
West African Groundnut Stew
Cut up chicken and place all pieces, including back, neck and giblets, in a heavy saucepan with water, celery, and salt.
Cover and simmer gently until chicken is tender.
Drain and save the stock.
Fry onions in the fat until tender.
Mix flour with the peanut... - 40.4232
1. In a heavy-based saucepan Heat oil and cook meat over a high heat for 4-5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
2. Stirring in stock and cinnamon, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring to lift any sediment from... - 39.5385
Tunisian Vegetable Stew
In a large skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Add the cabbage, sprinkle with salt, and continue to saute for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the bell pepper, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne... - 38.2563
1) Slice the okra into thin slices, set aside.
2) Cut the meat into bite size pieces, set aside if using.
3) In a food processor, place the onion and grind well.
4) Chop the tomatoes, coarsely and dice the melon.
5) In a non-stick pan,... - 37.8725
African Spiced Chicken Stew
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.
Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the broth, squash, corn,... - 37.5462
Chicken Stew With Bulgur
1. Wash the chicken pieces; pat dry. Brown, a few pieces at a time, in butter or margarine in a heavy kettle or Dutch oven; remove all from kettle.
2. Stir onions into drippings in kettle; saute until soft. Stir in salt, ginger, paprika, pepper and 1 cup... - 37.5307
Fava Bean And Meat Stew
In nonstick saucepan, combine lamb, onion, and garlic; cook until onion is browned.
Stir in stock and tomato paste.
Add beans, parsley, and thyme; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Divide evenly. - 32.349
This Biafran Stew is from my Mom's cookbook; an easy to prepare treat for any occasion! An irresitible combination of beef, chicken and veggies - this Biafran Stew is something you must not want to miss out on! - 31.4847
Chicken Stew - African Food
1. Season chicken with salt and fry it in hot oil until nice and golden.
2. Into a bowl, pour the excess oil leaving about 2 tablespoon in the pot.
3. Add tomato, tomato paste, green onion, garlic, grated onion, thyme, and basil.
4. Add black pepper,... - 0
Fish Stew - African Food
1. In a pot, heat the oil. Add in the onion and shallots, sprinkle some salt and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the ginger, garlic, tomato, tomato paste and mix well. Stir in the bouillon cube and black pepper.
3. Allow to cook on low heat for... - 0
African Stew Recipes By Category