- » African Spice
African Spice Recipes
African Spice is the generic term assigned to a variety of traditional African spices and their mixtures that have been used and developed in the past and which play an important role in the African cuisine. These ... More »
Vegetables Tajine Berber Style
This video shows an authentic Moroccan dish cooked in a traditional Moroccan tajine. The vegetables here are cooked in a berber style. Berbers are natives of Morocco living in the Atlas mountains known for their delicious tagine. Serve this vegetable tajine... - 127.293
Want to pep up your chicken real spicy and saucy - here is the perfect recipe. Chicken marinated in berber rub is baked and then drizzled with zesty Berber sauce for doubling up the effect. Your guests are surely going to love this doubled zing. Go through... - 121.358
African Berber Rub Pork Ribs
Want to enjoy some authentic culinary flavor in your pork ribs - you may use African Berber rub in generous quantity, to marinate the meat before cooking. In this video, chef shows the detail process about how to rub the mix over the ribs and how to bake and... - 103.879
Spicy Berber Bean Puree
Rinse and pick over the beans.
Soak beans overnight in water to cover by several inches.
In a large saucepan, combine the beans and water.
Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Add the salt and garlic, and simmer for... - 40.8294
Berber Spiced Chicken Breasts
1. In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and lemon wedges and process to a paste. Spread the paste all over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
2. Light a charcoal grill. When the coals are hot.... - 28.0599
You May Also Like!
North African Spiced Fish With Cucumber Yogurt
Grate cucumber coarsely; drain in sieve 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine coriander, cumin, gingerand oil in small bowl.
Brush fish with spice mixture; griddle-fry (or grill or barbecue) until browned both sides and just cooked through.
Combine cucumber with... - 32.6593
South African Peach And Spiced Ricotta Tart
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas mark 4.
2. For the shortcrust pastry - Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until pale and creamy (3-5 minutes). Add yolk, vanilla and salt, mix until just combined. Add flour, mix until... - 42.4763
African Spiced Vegetable Salad
1. Steam the cauliflower, carrots and broccoli for a couple of minutes, covered; rinse under cold water when done and drain away all the water
2. In a small skillet, combine the red pepper, ginger, cumin, coriander, nutmeg and salt and cook over medium... - 42.7826
African Spiced Chicken Stew
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.
Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the broth, squash, corn,... - 37.5462
Red Pepper Spice
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
2. Transfer mixture into an air tight container or a jar with tight lid. Store in a cool dry place.
3. Use as required.
4. Use in couscous, soups, as a marinade spice etc. - 26.8165
For The Spiced Vinegar
1. Tie the spices loosely in a thin muslin cloth.
2. Pour the vinegar into a saucepan, add the salt and spice bag, and boil briskly for 12-15 minutes.
3. Remove from fire and squeeze the spice bag to remove all the liquid. Discard bag.
4. Pour enough hot... - 34.312
Pork And Spiced Cabbage
Dice the pork into 1-cm (1/2-in) pieces.
Heat it gently in the uncovered pressure cooker until the fat runs out, then brown it slightly.
Remove the meat from the cooker and lightly fry the onion until transparent.
Remove the thick stalk or core from the... - 46.3747
Rice With Seeds And Spices
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the spices and garlic for about 1 minute, stirring all the time.
2. Add the rice and stock, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until just tender.
3. Stir in the yogurt and the toasted sunflower... - 36.7652
Ethiopian Berbere Spice Mix
The Ethiopians love their stews! So to make a good Ethiopian stew, you will need the Berbere spice mix. If you have an African store near where you live, the you can buy it, else watch and learn from Oumou from this video! Besides, you can make under 15... - 111.694
Moroccan Spiced Red Chile Paste
1) In a heatproof bowl, put the chilies and cover with the boiling water.
2) Keep aside and allow to stand for 30 to 60 minutes.
3) Drain the chilies. Reserve some of the water.
4) In a blender or food processor, put the chilies along with Â¼ cup of... - 35.4417
Spiced Lemon Vinegar
Mix sherry, vinegar, 3 inches stick cinnamon, and 1 strip lemon peel in saucepan.
Bring to boil; simmer 15 minutes.
Strain into two clean pint bottles.
To each bottle add 3 inches stick cinnamon, 1 strip lemon peel, and 5 grapes.
Seal with caps or corks. - 28.873
Moroccan Spiced Roast Poussin
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Mix together the rice, onion, lemon rind, mint and apricots. Stir in half each of the lemon juice, yogurt, turmeric, cumin, and salt and pepper.
2. Stuff the poussin with the rice mixture at the neck end only. Any... - 32.8598
African Spice Recipes By Category
African Spice Ingredient: