- » African Rice
African Rice Recipes
African rice, known by the scientific name Oryza glaberrima, is a variety of rice native to Sub-Saharan Africa, whose cultivation is believed to have begun many centuries ago in the inland delta region of the Niger ... More »
Coconut Jollof Rice - African Food
African Coconut Rice is a nice side dish to have once in a while. It is a good alternate for the regular rice when you are bored of it. It is fluffy and flavorful. Perfect for any curry. Bon Appétit! - 116.125
African Yellow Rice With Raisins
Give some color to your rice. Try this African Yellow Rice with Raisins. This video will guide you through this simple recipe. It is a great way to spice up your meals with this fragrant side dish. Give it a go! - 104.603
North African Couscous Paella
Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
Add the peppers, scallions, garlic, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne, and saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the stock or water.
Add the tofu or shrimp and cook for another 3 to 4... - 42.5638
Jollof Rice - African Food
1. In a pot fill around 1 liter water. Add the rice and salt to taste. On medium heat, cover, bring it to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Drain, rinse in water and set aside.
3. In a blender add onions, tomatoes, green onions, red bell... - 0
You May Also Like!
Rice And Beans
Got some leftover rice from last night dinner? Just pair it with some beans and you have a delicacy that is loaded with proteins, is quick to make and is low fat too. Perfect for a comforting weeknight meal or casual entertaining, this slow-cooker Caribbean... - 112.246
African Curry With Brown Rice
1. Bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in the rice, cover, reduce the heat to low and cook 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water is completely absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes and their liquid, the... - 32.7677
South African Nectarine And Lemon Chicken With Pilaf Rice
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas mark 6.
2. Heat 20ml oil in a frying pan, season chicken and sauté over high heat until golden (3-5 minutes). Set aside.
3. Process garlic, ground spices and half the onion in a food processor... - 40.7885
This is a traditional South African recipe, which comes from the great culinary tradition of the Cape Malays -- originally brought in as slaves in the 17th century. It's easy and plain, but great with meats like venison, corned beef tongue or any meat with... - 34.2562
African Beef And Rice
Cut beef into 1-inch pieces.
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot.
Cook and stir beef in oil over medium heat until brown, about 15 minutes.
Add water, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt and the red peppers.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 45... - 44.1905
Skillet Pepper Steak And Rice
Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
Whisk together beef broth, half of cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and if desired the garlic-chili sauce and set aside.
Combine remaining cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Dredge steak slices in... - 46.075
African Chicken And Rice Casserole
Heat chicken, tomatoes (with liquid), water, 2 teaspoons salt and the pepper to boiling in 5-quart Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Stir in rice, ham, cinnamon and red pepper.
Add chicken, cabbage, green beans and... - 40.996
Mushrooms And Rice
1) In a closed pan, saute the mushrooms in the oil very gently and slowly till the juices start to ooze freely.
2) Finely chop the garlic and parsley and add to the mushrooms in the pan. Stir in the seasoning and rice.
3) Serve hot. - 34.9296
African Rice Recipes By Category