- » African Rice
African Rice Recipes
African rice, known by the scientific name Oryza glaberrima, is a variety of rice native to Sub-Saharan Africa, whose cultivation is believed to have begun many centuries ago in the inland delta region of the Niger ... More »
African Rice With Meat And Vegetables
African Rice With Meat And Vegetables is indeed a hearty African meal. It has some fine spices that add some beautiful flavors to it. You can make it at home with this video as your able guide. Bon Appétit! - 113.762
African Yellow Rice With Raisins
Give some color to your rice. Try this African Yellow Rice with Raisins. This video will guide you through this simple recipe. It is a great way to spice up your meals with this fragrant side dish. Give it a go! - 106.289
North African Couscous Paella
Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
Add the peppers, scallions, garlic, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne, and saute on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the stock or water.
Add the tofu or shrimp and cook for another 3 to 4... - 43.0628
Jollof Rice - African Food
1. In a pot fill around 1 liter water. Add the rice and salt to taste. On medium heat, cover, bring it to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Drain, rinse in water and set aside.
3. In a blender add onions, tomatoes, green onions, red bell... - 0
You May Also Like!
African Coconut Rice
African Coconut Rice is a nice side dish to have once in a while. It is a good alternate for the regular rice when you are bored of it. It is fluffy and flavorful. Perfect for any curry. Bon Appétit! - 116.602
African Curry With Brown Rice
1. Bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in the rice, cover, reduce the heat to low and cook 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water is completely absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes and their liquid, the... - 30.594
South African Nectarine And Lemon Chicken With Pilaf Rice
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas mark 6.
2. Heat 20ml oil in a frying pan, season chicken and sauté over high heat until golden (3-5 minutes). Set aside.
3. Process garlic, ground spices and half the onion in a food processor... - 44.1369
African Beef And Rice
Cut beef into 1-inch pieces.
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet until hot.
Cook and stir beef in oil over medium heat until brown, about 15 minutes.
Add water, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt and the red peppers.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 45... - 42.4726
African Chicken And Rice Casserole
Heat chicken, tomatoes (with liquid), water, 2 teaspoons salt and the pepper to boiling in 5-quart Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Stir in rice, ham, cinnamon and red pepper.
Add chicken, cabbage, green beans and... - 39.8604
In a 3-quart saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
Add the oil and salt, if using.
Add the rice.
Reduce the heat to medium, stir once, and keep at a lively simmer for about 12 minutes, or until cooked al dente.
Return the rice to the warm pan,... - 26.4544
This is a traditional South African recipe, which comes from the great culinary tradition of the Cape Malays -- originally brought in as slaves in the 17th century. It's easy and plain, but great with meats like venison, corned beef tongue or any meat with... - 37.577
1) In a thick pan, gently saute the dry rice in oil over a low heat for 5 minutes..
2) Stir in the curry powder, lemon juice, rind, hot water, sweetcorn and salt, then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes and 4 oz. of the chopped... - 42.2095
All Seasons Rice
Combine all ingredients in 2-quart glass casserole.
Cover and cook on HI (max. power) 12 to 14 minutes.
Let stand, covered, 10 minutes, or until all broth is absorbed. - 22.0752
African Rice Recipes By Category