- » African Holiday
African Holiday Recipes
Enjoy our collection of african holiday recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for african holiday recipes.
Moroccan Tomato Jam - Appetizer
The Moroccan cuisine is well known for its beautiful flavors. The Moroccan Tomato Jam is an authentic fare coming right at you. In Morocco, they caramelize tomatoes with honey and orange blossom water and serve it as an appetizer (hot or cold) with bread. But... - 122.235
Kelewele also called Hot Plantain Crisps is a popular Ghanaian side dish. Mostly known to be spicy, it is fried plantain that is usually served with rice and stew or alone. It can be served as dessert or for just snack. Kelewele is my favorite Ghanaian... - 114.25
Here is a super simple recipe on how to make tamarind juice (Drink) that will refresh you after a long day. I often make great quantities and keep in my fridge for up to ten (10) days. - 108.471
Easy Bbq Soda Pulled Pork
This dish out here is a gem from the Bagholder – the BBQ Soda Pulled Pork ! But people, this is a crockpot recipe, which is ideal for Holiday cooking. Watch and learn how to make this toothsome recipe from this video. Mazel Tov! - 95.3118
Dissolve 2 yeast cakes in 1/2 CUP warm water.
In mixing bowl put in shortening, boiling water and cold water.
Add beaten eggs, sugar, salt and dash of nutmeg.
Then add dissolved yeast and gradually mix in sifted flour into a smooth dough.
Place in... - 50.5269
Moorish Curried Rice And Eggplant
1. In a large saucepan or a stock pot, wash and soak the rice in 4 ½ cups water.
2. Wash the egg plants and cut off the stems.
3. Using a sharp paring knife, peel the eggplant so as to remove the skin.
4. Slice the fleshy part into ½ inch... - 50.0418
Bototie - South African Meat Casserole
Bobotie is a classic South African casserole meat dish that was brought to the Cape by the Indonesian slaves brought there to work by the Dutch East India Company. It is a gently-spiced mince dish full of raisins covered with a layer of savory egg custard. - 49.9325
1) Take a large bowl and stir together walnuts, couscous, honey, raisins, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander and cumin in it until nicely mixed.
2) Remove gizzards and liver from chicken and reserve for later. Rub chicken with oil and... - 49.2754
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a small, shallow roasting pan, place the chicken, giblets, and lamb.
3. Bake for 15 minutes until the meat sears easily.
4. Discard excess fat if any.
5. In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil over... - 49.1275
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Heat 2 oz. fat over low heat and sauté onion, garlic and rice in it for 5 minutes.
3) Add in mushrooms, mixing well.
4) Pour in hot water, yeast extract and herbs and simmer,... - 48.5612
Jamaican Crab Salad Composee
1. Peel hard-boiled egg and cut lengthwise into half.
2. Remove and chop yolk finely.
3. Keep aside the whites.
4. In a large mixing bowl, put together the egg yolks, mayonnaise, curry powder, and chutney; mix well.
5. In a food... - 48.543
1) Chop together garlic, caraway, and salt finely and then keep aside.
2) In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-low heat, heat oil and sauté onion, bell peppers, and bay leaf for 5 minutes in it.
3) Mix in tomato sauce, chopped... - 47.6568
Tomato Apricot Chutney
1. In a large heavy, keep all the ingredients and heat over medium-low heat.
2. Gently simmer uncovered for 1 1/4 hours; stir often.
3. Bring it to boil and then reduce the heat.
4. Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
5. Let the chutney at room... - 47.529
Spray a Dutch oven with nonstick coating.
Brown chicken pieces on one side for 7 minutes.
Turn chicken, then add onion and garlic.
Cook about 8 minutes more or till chicken is brown and onion is tender.
Stir in garbanzo beans, tomato puree, un-drained... - 47.3072
Moroccan Chicken In Microwave
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In oblong baking dish, combine water, rice, 1/2 envelope soup mix, raisins and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Heat, covered, 4 to 5 minutes.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM-LOW.
Heat, covered, 13 to 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender,... - 46.1603
1) Make widthwise deep cuts several times in lamb at regular distance.
2) In a shallow dish, put the lamb.
3) Combine all the marinade ingredients together except... - 45.4767
1. Boil rice. Cool.
2. Mix with well beaten egg.
3. Peel and mince onions.
4. Heat a little oil. Saute minced onions without discolouration.
5. Remove from fire. Add chopped hard-boiled eggs, grated cheese, chopped parsley, salt and cayenne pepper.
6. With... - 45.3064
Moroccan Lamb Kebabs
1.Cut away excess fat and make 1 inch cubes of the lamb.
2.Take a small bowl, mix together water, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and pepper.
3. Take a flat glass pan and place the lamb cubes in it.
4. Pour marinade over the lamb.Coat all... - 45.1981
1. Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. Make dressing in a small bowl, by whisking together oil, vinegar, honey, cumin and pepper.
3. Over a double sheet of aluminum foil with edges turned up all around, place the chicken spooning over with... - 44.8731
In mixing bowl, place couscous and butter, knead with fingers until couscous kernels are coated; set aside.
In bottom half of couscoussiere, heat oil; saute- chicken pieces over medium heat until they begin to brown.
Stir in onions, garlic, fresh coriander... - 44.8584
Chicken And Black Bean Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. In small bowl, make dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, honey, cumin and pepper.
3. Over a double sheet of aluminum foil with edges turned up all around, place the chicken spooning over with 2... - 44.2492
Groundnut Vegetable Stew From Ghana
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and pepper in oil for about 5 minutes over a low heat..
2) Stir in the aubergines, carrots, tomatoes, liquid and peanut butter, allow to simmer until softened.
3) Stir in the peas or beans and cook for further 10... - 43.6835
Pork Bundle Kabobs
Partially freeze meat.
Cut on the bias into 3-inch strips.
For marinade, combine orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger-root.
Place meat in a plastic bag, then set in a bowl.
Pour marinade over meat and close bag.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6... - 42.9238
Tunisian Mint Chicken
1. In shallow bowl, mix together flour and lemon pepper.
2. Dredge chicken, one piece at a time to coat.
3. In frying pan, heat oil to medium temperature and saute, turning, about 35 minutes such that brown on all sides and fork can be inserted in... - 42.4411
Passion Fruit Freeze
1) With a sharp paring knife slice the top off passion fruit.
2) Scoop out the flesh with spoon and keep in a food processor.
3) Add orange juice concentrate and lime juice to the food processor.
4) Process until smooth.
5) Mix yogurt to... - 42.0991
Chef Bayo's Tanzanian Green Tomato Chutney
1. In a large heavy pot, add green tomatoes, onions, papayas, sugar, vinegar, salt, and spices; stir well to mix.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and then slightly reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for about 1 hour until the mixture is thick.
4. Cool... - 41.3953
Roast Whole Turkey Breast With Fennel And Bay Leaves
Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven.
Lightly oil a flat rack in a roasting pan.
Rinse the turkey breast in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Place skin-side down on a flat surface.
Place the onion,... - 41.3187
Chicken And Couscous Parcels
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Place the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water. Soak for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat until soft... - 40.9608
Moroccan Prawn Packages
1. To make the filling, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan. Chop the spring onions finely and fry them in the oil and butter mixture over a very gentle heat for 2-3 minutes until soft.
2. Stir in the flour, then slowly pour in the milk, stirring... - 40.6948
1. In a heavy-based saucepan Heat oil and cook meat over a high heat for 4-5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
2. Stirring in stock and cinnamon, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring to lift any sediment from... - 39.5385
1. Place 2 sterilized quart-size canning jars on a table.
2. In the bottom of each jar, add 1 tablespoon of coarse salt.
3. Roll the lemons back and forth on a work surface with your palm; this would slightly soften the lemons and help release the... - 38.968
Great Northern Bean Casserole
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 4-quart casserole dish, combine water, beans, bacon, onion, green pepper and salt.
Heat, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until water is boiling.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM-LOW.
Heat, covered, 45 minutes, stirring twice.
Stir in... - 38.896
1. Heat half the butter in a pan. Saute the onion for about 3 minutes until soft. Add the minced meat, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning. Cook, stirring with chopsticks, for 2-3 minutes until the meat is just cooked. Set aside to cool.
2. Place one... - 38.3294
Rice With Seeds And Spices
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the spices and garlic for about 1 minute, stirring all the time.
2. Add the rice and stock, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until just tender.
3. Stir in the yogurt and the toasted sunflower... - 36.7652
Corn Bacon And Rice Chowder
1. In 3-quart saucepan, saute rice pasta mix and margarine over medium heat, stirring frequently until pasta is lightly browned.
2. Stir in chicken broth and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 8... - 32.7814