- » African Fried
African Fried Recipes
Enjoy our collection of african fried recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for african fried recipes.
Spicy African Plantain Chips
When you need something healthy to munch on during the Super Bowl, think plantain chips! Spicy, salty, crispy, crunchy, plantain chips are a yummy snack option that one can happily munch on practically every day. It's all about picking the right plantains and... - 126.455
Kelewele also called Hot Plantain Crisps is a popular Ghanaian side dish. Mostly known to be spicy, it is fried plantain that is usually served with rice and stew or alone. It can be served as dessert or for just snack. Kelewele is my favorite Ghanaian... - 113.886
How To Make Chin-chin
1) Mix together the flour and butter in a large bowl.
2) Add the sugar and salt and mix all the ingredients together with your hands.
3) Once the dough is semi-hard, add the eggs and continue to knead.
4) Add the milk (if needed add some flour as well)... - 102.723
Pan Fried Plantain
Pan Fried Plantain is one of the best side dishes that can be prepared using this plantain. See how easy it is to prepare this crisp and sweet dish in a jiffy. Preparing a nice side dish had never been so easy. - 92.5304
African Style Fried Sweet Potato With Chili Sauce
Have you been looking for great appetizer to serve this evening? Your search ends right here. Watch the chef share her secret recipe to prepare African Style Fried Sweet Potato with Chili Sauce. The recipe is simple and is very easy to follow. Watch it now. - 58.7092
Moroccan Lamb On Couscous
Combine all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and add to the lamb steaks.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour so that the flavours are absorbed.
Put the couscous in a bowl and add boiling water to just above the level of the couscous.
Cover with a... - 47.5288
Pork And Spiced Cabbage
Dice the pork into 1-cm (1/2-in) pieces.
Heat it gently in the uncovered pressure cooker until the fat runs out, then brown it slightly.
Remove the meat from the cooker and lightly fry the onion until transparent.
Remove the thick stalk or core from the... - 46.6297
African Chicken With Almond Tomato Sauce
1) In a large skillet, place oil and heat over high temperature.
2) Put chicken and cook till brown on all sides.
3) Remove and keep only 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet.
4) Reduce heat to low and add onion.
5) Cook, uncovered for about 5 minutes.
6)... - 45.877
Skillet Pepper Steak And Rice
Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
Whisk together beef broth, half of cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and if desired the garlic-chili sauce and set aside.
Combine remaining cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Dredge steak slices in... - 45.8358
1. Pick, wash and soak rice.
2. Slice onions.
3. Heat fat. Fry sliced onions. Remove.
4. Fry spices. Add rice and fry.
5. Add turmeric dissolved in a little water; stir well.
6. Add hot water or stock in the proportion 1:2 and salt.
7. Finish off as for fried... - 44.0909
Koeksisters - South African Syrup Coated Doughnut Braids
1) In a saucepan, boil together sugar and water until thickened.
2) Allow the syrup to cool and place in refrigerator.
3) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4) Add in the butter and rub the mixture well.
5)... - 42.7835
1. Boil rice. Cool.
2. Mix with well beaten egg.
3. Peel and mince onions.
4. Heat a little oil. Saute minced onions without discolouration.
5. Remove from fire. Add chopped hard-boiled eggs, grated cheese, chopped parsley, salt and cayenne pepper.
6. With... - 42.742
1) In vegetable oil, fry the chopped leeks till they are soft.
2) Mix the cooked leeks with the rice, flour, grated cheese and seaoning. If required, add some milk to bind.
3) Form the mixture into croquettes. Dust with some flour.
4) With a little... - 41.2686
Chana Dhal With Rice And Saffron
1. Wash the rice until the water runs clear, set aside in a bowl of water to soak.
2. Wash the chana dhaal, then boil for about 10 minutes until it is soft but not mushy. Check by rubbing the dhaal between your index finger and thumb.
3. Drain, cover and set... - 41.0716
1) In a bowl, soak the garbanzos in water for overnight.
2) Drain excess water.
3) Use a flour mill or meat grinder to grind the beans.
4) Combine other ingredients to beans mixture. Mix well.
5) Form 1" balls or prepare patties about 1/2" thick... - 40.4265
Simple Rice Fritters
1) In a bowl, beat the eggs properly and spoon in the currants, rice, lemon rund and nutmeg. Add sugar or honey to taste.
2) Stir in just about enough flour to thicken the mixture sufficiently enough for frying.
3) In hot oil, cook the mixture a dollop... - 40.1349
1) In the oil, fry the chopped onion and once they are soft, mix with the rice, breadcrumbs, flour, grated cheese, egg, seasonings and tomato puree. Form into a thick dough.
2) Form the mixture into sausages or burgers.
3) Brush with the vegetable oil... - 38.5263
Cut off wing ends; you will not use these.
Coat wings with a mix of: flour, salt & pepper.
Use olive oil in skillet to fry wings, 1/2 at a time.
Place all wings in large skillet along with: mushrooms, tomatos & green peppers, placed between chicken... - 37.8056
Piri Piri Chicken
1. In a food processor jar, combine the chilies, pepper, vinegar, oil and seasoning.
2. Blend into a coarse paste.
3. Using a sharp tipped knife, make long slant slashes on the skin side of the chicken breasts.
4. Arrange them in a baking... - 37.2307
1. Boil the rice.
2. Heat fat and fry the cashewnuts to a golden brown. Remove and drain. Fry curry leaves. Remove.
3. In the same fat, fry cleaned gingelly seeds, red chillies, asafoetida and split black gram.
4. Remove and grind to a powder.
5. Mix the... - 37.1899
Vegetable Tagine With Almond And Chickpea Couscous
1. Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
2. Add the peppers and cook for 8-10... - 35.3144
1. Heat fat. Fry finely chopped garlic and bulgur wheat for 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Fry meat pieces cut into small cubes and add to fried bulgur. Fry well.
3. Add mutton stock, sliced tomatoes, sultanas and salt.
4. Finish off as for rice pulao. - 33.9321
Chris S Bhanoo Rice
Melt butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
Stir in rice and seasonings and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 8 minutes or until rice is golden.
Add water and cover.
Reduce heat to low and cook until all water is absorbed (10 to 20 minutes).
Mix in choice... - 33.4856
Beef And Spinach Rolls
1. Remove stalks from spinach and cut leaves into 2 pieces. Blanch leaves in the microwave for 30 seconds, or in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain. Blanch carrot sticks in the microwave for 1 minute, or in a saucepan of boiling water for 2... - 31.9984
Cut game into servings.
Using dry wine, boil until tender.
Roll pieces in a mixture of flour, salt & pepper.
Fry in hot vegetable oil until golden brown & crispy. - 28.4188
Fried Okra is an easy to prepare side dish recipe which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 28.4168
Wash, clean and dry the fish.
Remove their skins and fasten the tail in the mouth with a small skewer.
(The fishmonger will usually do this for you.) Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat the fish with it.
Brush them over with egg, coat with... - 28.1961
Trout In Oatmeal
1. In a frypan heat the oil.
2. Dry the trout and dredge either in oatmeal or flour.
3. Lay in the hot pan and cook for 7 minutes per inch thickness of fish.
4. Serve with lemon wedges. - 27.5957
Quick Fried Plantains
Fried Plantains is an irresistible recipe that you will surely love to try. A delicious recipe prepared with plantains; I am sure you will enjoy this Fried Plantains!. - 26.9129
Fennel Sausages And Potatoes
Saute sausage in frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp.
Drain on paper towels.
In another frying pan melt butter over medium heat, add potatoes and cook until crisp.
Stir in sausage and cook together several minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to... - 25.026
Fried Chicken , The African Way
This Fried chicken recipe is extremely easy to make and full of flavor. The chicken is first boiled for few minutes with its seasoning and then deep fried. - 0