- » African Dessert
African Dessert Recipes
Enjoy our collection of african dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for african dessert recipes.
South African Doughnut
This koeksister Recipe is simple and very easy to follow. Koeksisters are those sweet, sticky and delicious South African doughnut. The doughnuts are twisted or plait and diped in a sweet and lemony cold syrup. Koeksisters are often served as desert or snack.... - 114.475
Senegalese Thiacry — Steamed Millet Couscous
When you need a scrummy option for fuss-free midweek entertaining, opt for thiacry or steamed millet couscous. Ready in 30 minutes or less, this Senegalese treat makes for a great lunchbox filler or a cozy weeknight meal. Try making it once in your kitchen... - 112.219
African Flour Porridge
African Flour Porridge is a typical dish from the continent. It is a sweet and sour porridge. It is consumed during the months of fasting as it is easily digestible. Have a look at this video for the recipe details. - 104.373
Moroccan Orange Walnut Cake
It is true that the Moroccans add orange and walnuts to most of their recipes. Alia's Orange Walnut Cake is so typical and speaks loudly of its Moroccan roots. So succulent and delicious. I'll be glad if someone makes this as a birthday cake for me. Enjoy! - 91.5555
Jamaican Potato Pudding
Are you looking for a Jamaican Potato Pudding Recipe? I have a simple Jamaican Potato Pudding Recipe for you. Sweet potato is filled with vitamins so this delicious dish is very nutritious. You can serve it as a dessert. This is my daughter’s favorite dish.... - 46.5112
1 Thoroughly drain the peaches.
2 Cut the ginger into small pieces
3 In a pan add the ginger with other spices to the juice.
4 Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
5 In a baking dish, arrange peaches and pour spiced juice over the top.
6 ... - 45.7395
Savannah Cake Squares
1) Lightly grease a 13X9X2-inch baking pan.
2) In a bowl, make the cake batter using cake mix, following the instructions mentioned on the label.
3) Transfer the batter into the baking pan.
4) Bake the cake as per the directions on the... - 43.9736
South African Peach And Spiced Ricotta Tart
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas mark 4.
2. For the shortcrust pastry - Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until pale and creamy (3-5 minutes). Add yolk, vanilla and salt, mix until just combined. Add flour, mix until... - 42.4763
Passion Fruit Freeze
1) With a sharp paring knife slice the top off passion fruit.
2) Scoop out the flesh with spoon and keep in a food processor.
3) Add orange juice concentrate and lime juice to the food processor.
4) Process until smooth.
5) Mix yogurt to... - 42.0991
West African Yam Muffins
West African Yam Muffins are well loved in my family. As holidays approach everyone's longing for the West African Yam Muffins also increases. Try this wonderful West African Yam Muffins and you will understand why it is so addictive! - 40.4798
Banana Brunch Soup
1) Slice 2 bananas.
2) In a bowl, toss the banana slices with 3 tablespoons of lime juice.
3) Mix in yogurt and cinnamon.
4) In a food processor or blender, process the mixture until nearly smooth, leaving just a bit of texture.
5) Cover... - 40.2876
Moroccan Serpent Cake
1. To make the almond paste, mix the melted butter with the ground almonds and almond essence in a bowl. Add the sugar, egg yolk and rose or orange flower water, mix well and knead until soft and pliable. Chill for 10 minutes.
2. Break the paste into 10... - 39.9878
South African Rock Lobster Rolls
1. Follow the instructions to boil South African rock lobster tails. Take out the meat and dice it.
2. Melt margarine or butter. Add seasonings and flour and stir well. Add parsley and mayonnaise and beat well.
3. Separate the rolls, leaving just a... - 39.429
Heat half the water and dissolve the gelatine in it.
Beat the egg yolks with 1 oz. sugar (2 Tbs.), the lemon rind, and the remaining water.
Put in a small pan over a very gentle heat, or in a double boiler, and cook gently, stirring frequently until the... - 37.3077
In a saucepan, mix pineapple juice, crushed pineapple with juice, unflavored gelatin, and aspartame sweetener.
Cook and stir until gelatin and aspartame sweetener are dissolved and mixture is slightly warmed.
Remove from heat.
Stir in milk. (Mixture will... - 35.3398
Individual Coconut Flans
In 2-cup (500 mL) measure, microwave milk at High for about 1-1/2 minutes or until steaming.
In food processor or blender, combine cream of coconut, eggs, egg yolks, cornstarch and rum; process until smooth.
With motor running, gradually add hot milk through... - 35.1977
Vegetable Tagine With Almond And Chickpea Couscous
1. Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
2. Add the peppers and cook for 8-10... - 34.9048
Peach And Vanilla Crème Brûlées
“People are often nervous about making this dessert but these are my fail proof, very easy crème brûlées! It can be awkward cooking them in a water bath and getting the timing and temperate just right. In this recipe they don’t get cooked in the oven... - 31.7962
Strawberries, Peaches, And Balsamic Vinegar
1. In a large, shallow nonmetal bowl place the strawberries and peaches and toss well sprinkling with the sugar.
2. Covering the bowl with plastic wrap, allow the berries and peaches to sit at room temperature for 3 hours, gently stirring the... - 31.3771
Pink Grapefruit Refresher
1) Drain and place the grapefruit sections over a bed of romaine or lettuce.
2) Combine the cranberries with sugar, then spoon in the middle of the grapefruit sections.
3) Garnish with the fresh watercress or parsely sprigs , if desired and... - 29.9006
Double Dutch Nut Clusters
Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
Melt chocolate in the top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
Cool for 5 minutes, but do not refrigerate.
Stir in nuts. Be sure to coat nuts well with chocolate. Drop by... - 26.9311
Mango Rum Sundae
1. Slice peeled mango into ¼ inch pieces.
2. Take a shallow dish, arrange mango slices and sprinkle rum and sugar on the top and allow to chill for 1 hour.
3. Take 4 serving dishes, add ice cream in each, top with mango-rum mixture and serve... - 26.4602
Heat water, raisins, margarine and salt to boiling in 1-quart saucepan.
Stir in couscous; cover.
Remove from heat and let stand covered 5 minutes. - 23.958
Bambara Peanut Butter Rice Pudding
This easy and oh-so-peanutty dessert is a great way to use up any extra basmati rice you may have in your fridge. This porridge is a favorite for Central Africans, where they prepare it similarly using rice, peanut butter, and sugar. - 0
African Dessert Recipes By Category