- » African Chicken
African Chicken Recipes
African Chicken is a dish as exotic as its name. Full of flavor, African chicken consists of chicken baked in a sauce made with onion, garlic, peanut butter, coriander, and red pepper flakes. To intensify the flavor, ... More »
Chicken Curry - African Food
You might have tried chicken curry several times. But this Senegalese Chicken Curry is completely different. Take a look at this video for the details of this most popular regional dish. Happy Cooking! - 118.714
Chicken And Plantain Poulet Dg
Chicken and plantains are two important ingredients used a lot in the African cuisine. And my favorite way to enjoy both of them is with this recipe of the Cameroon called Poulet DG which is a dish of chicken, plantains and vegetables. This recipe is not... - 115.083
Groundnut Soup With Chicken - African Food
Get more creative with your curries. Try this Chicken Curry with Peanut Butter. It will definitely please you and your family with the subtle flavor of peanuts and the crisp chicken. Give it a go! - 111.637
Garden Egg And Chicken Stew
Try something new in your kitchen. Watch this recipe video for Garden Egg and Chicken Stew. This African dish is unique as it is thickened with the garden egg puree. Have a look at the video and give it a go. - 110.811
African-style Chicken Curry
The wintry months are here and your stomach keeps yelling for food. This stew is satisfying enough to keep your tummy from rumbling. Watch Mary Kay with her guest prepare this brilliant concoction of fragrant African spices and American peanut butter with... - 95.9137
Moroccan Chicken Tajine Kadra With Almonds
If you are a big fan of saffron and onions working together, then you must make this dish pretty soon. 'Kadra' is a tajine cooking style in Morocco. This dish is an absolute stunner and a guaranteed winner. Watch and learn this recipe from Alia in this video.... - 88.174
Chicken Curry With Peanut Butter African Style
Want to try an African delicacy today for dinner? This video is a must watch for you. The chef shares a step by step process to prepare this Chicken Curry with Peanut Butter. Treat your family to this African delicacy and bag a lot of compliments. - 70.2163
1) Take a large bowl and stir together walnuts, couscous, honey, raisins, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander and cumin in it until nicely mixed.
2) Remove gizzards and liver from chicken and reserve for later. Rub chicken with oil and... - 49.2754
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a small, shallow roasting pan, place the chicken, giblets, and lamb.
3. Bake for 15 minutes until the meat sears easily.
4. Discard excess fat if any.
5. In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil over... - 49.1275
Curried Chicken With Almond Rice
1. Skin the chicken breasts.
2. Cut them into thin strips and set aside.
3. In a bowl, toss the chicken with flour, curry powder, salt and ginger. Keep aside
4. Cook the rice according to the package directions or until it is... - 47.5471
Chicken And Tomato Gumbo
1. In a 3-quart casserole dish, place chicken.
2. Cover the dish.
3. Heat over High for 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
4. Remove chicken to cool.
5. After cooling, separate chicken meat from the bones.
6. Discard bones.
7. In a casserole,... - 47.3784
Spray a Dutch oven with nonstick coating.
Brown chicken pieces on one side for 7 minutes.
Turn chicken, then add onion and garlic.
Cook about 8 minutes more or till chicken is brown and onion is tender.
Stir in garbanzo beans, tomato puree, un-drained... - 47.3072
Moroccan Style Chicken Breast Salad
1. Cool the chicken breasts to room temperature.
2. Cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
3. Combine the chicken, peppers, onions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, and watercress.
4. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and... - 47.013
Moroccan Chicken Stew
In 3-quart casserole, combine carrots, onion, rutabaga, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, caraway and pepper.
Microwave at High for 9 to 13 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice.
Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, raisins and salt.
Set... - 46.8693
Moroccan Lemon Chicken
1. In a microwaveable dish, combine chicken with onion, garlic, rice seasoning and olive oil
2. Cook in the microwave for 8 minutes until chicken loses its pinkishness.
3. Toss the chopped lemon, almonds and olives over the chicken.
4. Pour in the... - 46.7983
South African Chicken Pie
1) Cut the chicken neatly into quarters.
2) In a large skillet, put the chicken pieces, seasoning, vegetables and enough water to cover the contents. Cover and cook over low flame for about 30 minutes. Strain the stock and set it... - 46.7402
North African Style Spicy Chicken Breasts
1. In a sauté pan, heat the oil. Add the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Sauté against medium-high heat until brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
3. Transfer the breasts to a platter and set aside.
4. Add the onion to the sauté... - 46.659
In an 8x8x2-inch or 10x6x2-inch non-metal baking dish combine butter or margarine, lemon juice, coriander, onion powder, and chili powder.
Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 45 seconds or till butter or margarine is melted.
Stir to mix well.
Dip... - 46.3954
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a large saucepan, combine together the chicken, onion, celery tops, salt, curry powder, pepper and water. Cover the pan and gently simmer for 45 minutes or till the ingredients are... - 46.2117
Moroccan Chicken In Microwave
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In oblong baking dish, combine water, rice, 1/2 envelope soup mix, raisins and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Heat, covered, 4 to 5 minutes.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM-LOW.
Heat, covered, 13 to 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender,... - 46.1603
1. In a fry pan, heat butter and let it melt.
2. Put the currants, sultanas, pine nuts and apricots in the pan.
3. Once cooked, place the chicken breasts on the pan.
4. Cook the chicken well so that it gets brown evenly from all the sides.
5. Add... - 46.0141
Chicken And Date Tagine
1) Rinse the chicken pieces, discard any excess fat and dry them.
2) In a large bowl, add the chicken pieces with the onion, garlic, parsley, 1/2 cup mint, cardamom, saffron, oil and lemon juice, toss well to mix and coat. Refrigerate covered... - 45.7968
Heat the oil in a saucepan.
Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until the onion has softened and is lightly browned.
Add the cumin, coriander and allspice and stir for 1 minute, then add the chicken.
Pour... - 45.7117
To be prepared in advance, ask the poulterer to cut up 2 small chickens as for a fricassee.
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan, fry the chickens, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown on all sides.
Put the pieces as they are browned into a... - 45.7111
African Chicken With Almond Tomato Sauce
1) In a large skillet, place oil and heat over high temperature.
2) Put chicken and cook till brown on all sides.
3) Remove and keep only 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet.
4) Reduce heat to low and add onion.
5) Cook, uncovered for about 5 minutes.
6)... - 45.6254
1) In a large bowl, place the chicken thighs, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, coriander, ginger, and saffron, toss well to coat. Marinate covered for 2 hours at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3)... - 45.5249
Melt butter in a skillet and add onions and celery.
Cook until vegetables are limp.
Add the flour and curry powder.
Stir and cook for several minutes.
Transfer mixture to an electric blender.
Add apples, chicken and about 1 cup chicken broth or enough to make... - 45.4457
Frango Piri Piri
1) In a big bowl, prepare piri piri by mixing all the ingredeints arranged for it.
2) Let it stand for 2 hours.
3) Make a split in the chicken from down, but do... - 45.4228
Moroccan Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1) Combine together the bulgur, onion, celery, carrot and broth in a saucepan.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat, cover the pan and gently simmer for about 15 minutes, till the bulgur is done.
4) In the thickest part of each breast... - 45.2745
Moroccan Chicken With Preserved Lemons
Pour oil into a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and turn pieces often to brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
Lift out chicken; set aside.
Remove all but 1 tablespoon oil from pan.
Add onion; stir often over medium- high heat... - 45.2445
Chicken, Raisins And Almonds Tagine
1) In a Dutch oven, arrange the chicken breasts with 1/4 cup oil, onions, garlic, and spices.
2) Heat the chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly.
3) Mix the tomatoes and water in the chicken mixture.
4) Allow the chicken mixture to boil.
5) Lower the... - 44.9511
1. Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. Make dressing in a small bowl, by whisking together oil, vinegar, honey, cumin and pepper.
3. Over a double sheet of aluminum foil with edges turned up all around, place the chicken spooning over with... - 44.8731
In mixing bowl, place couscous and butter, knead with fingers until couscous kernels are coated; set aside.
In bottom half of couscoussiere, heat oil; saute- chicken pieces over medium heat until they begin to brown.
Stir in onions, garlic, fresh coriander... - 44.8584
Moroccan Style Chicken With Carrot And Orange Salad
1) Pre-heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5.
2) Slit open the chicken thighs and create enough space to add a spoonful of stuffing into each thigh.
3) Mix 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon with the cumin and coriander in a small bowl. Keep it... - 44.4551
Spicy Moroccan Chicken
TO MAKE THE SPICE PASTE: In a large, shallow bowl, combine all the paste ingredients.
Add the chicken legs and turn them to coat them evenly with the paste.
In a large cast-iron skillet or flameproof casserole over medium heat, heat the olive oil, and brown... - 44.3269
Mix all the spices together.
Coat the chicken with half the spice mixture and leave overnight preferably, or for at least 2 hours.
In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and brown the chicken over a high heat.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining... - 44.2866
Chicken And Black Bean Salad
1. Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. In small bowl, make dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, honey, cumin and pepper.
3. Over a double sheet of aluminum foil with edges turned up all around, place the chicken spooning over with 2... - 44.2492
West African Lemon Chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Rinse chicken and pat dry.
Brown in 1/4 cup peanut oil in heavy skillet; remove to baking dish.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup peanut oil, lemon juice, onions, vinegar, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, hot pepper, salt and pepper in... - 44.1449
African Gold Coast Chicken
Place chicken pieces and giblets in a 2 1/2 quart casserole; add boiling water, lemon juice, and salt.
Cover, cook in Radarange oven 10 minutes, turn dish 180° after 5 minutes cooking.
Pour chicken broth into a 2 cup measure.
Set chicken aside in a bowl,... - 43.8746
1. Clean the chicken pieces by washing them and pat dry. In a heavy kettle or Dutch oven add few chicken pieces at a time and brown them. Remove them from kettle.
2. Add onions into the drippings and saute them until translucent. Add ginger, salt,... - 43.8323
Coriander Chicken And Soy Sauce Cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5. Halve the cucumber lengthwise, deseed and dice.
2. In a bowl mix the shallot and radishes. Chill until ready to serve with the diced cucumber.
3. Place the chicken thighs in a food processor and blend until... - 43.6041
Algerian Steamed Pasta Stuffed Chicken
In a large bowl, combine the acini di pepe, walnuts, almonds, raisins, melted butter, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and honey, and blend well with a fork.
Stuff the chicken with this mixture, close the cavity with skewers, and truss the chicken.
Pour boiling water... - 43.1235
African Style Chicken
1) In a heavy skillet heat oil and brown chicken in it. Keep it aside.
2) Fry onion and garlic in the skillet till golden
3) Mix beer, peanuts, lemon juice, honey, and seasonings.
4) Put chicken into skillet. Cover and cook in simmering heat for 35 to... - 42.8259
Place coconut in a medium saucepan.
Pour boiling water over coconut.
Cover and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain coconut well; reserve liquid.
Press as much liquid out of the coconut as possible.
Add water to coconut liquid to make 2-1/2 cups.
In a large... - 42.6667
One Pan Chicken Couscous
1) In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Put the onions and stir fry for about 1 to 2 minutes, till it softens.
2) Then, put in the chicken and stir fry for about 7 to 10 mins till it is cooked through and the onions have a golden hue.
3) Now,... - 42.6462
Spicy Chicken With Quinoa
1. Preheat the oven to 160C to 180C
2. Lightly grease a baking dish with oil or butter.
3. Make 3 deep cuts on top side of each chicken fillet.
4. Place them in a baking dish.
5. In a small bowl or a jar, blend together lemon rind,... - 42.5283
Moroccan Chicken With Preserved Lemon Rinds
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or a large pot with a lid.
Add the chicken pieces and brown on both sides over high heat.
Pour in the water.
Add the garlic, onions, cilantro, parsley, cumin, ginger, saffron, and salt.
Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for... - 42.5101
Tunisian Mint Chicken
1. In shallow bowl, mix together flour and lemon pepper.
2. Dredge chicken, one piece at a time to coat.
3. In frying pan, heat oil to medium temperature and saute, turning, about 35 minutes such that brown on all sides and fork can be inserted in... - 42.4411
Moroccan Chicken Tajine
1) Pre-heat oven to 350Â°F
2) Place broiler-fryer chicken thighs in a Dutch oven.
3) Pour honey over the chicken.
4) Sprinkle with onion and then with minced garlic.
5) Add cinnamon sticks and sprinkle with lemon juice and turmeric.
6)... - 42.3246
1) In a pan, partially cover and simmer the chickpeas for 1 hour.
2) In a couscousiere or a large pan, gently saute the onions, garlic and ground spices in the oil for 5 minutes until softened.
3) Stir in the drained chickpeas, tomato puree and... - 42.0181
Doro Wat Chicken Stew
Melt butter in large stockpot.
Add onions and garlic.
Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add Berbere, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add chicken pieces, turning to coat well.
Simmer, adding enough water to maintain the... - 41.8456
Chicken & Mushroomswith Couscous
Rinse chicken; pat dry.
Place pieces between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a flat-surfaced mallet until about 14 inch thick; then cut chicken into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Melt margarine in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add... - 41.7811
Place the onion, carrots, butter or margarine, and garlic in a 12 X 7 1/2 X 2-inch baking dish.
Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
Micro-cook on 100% power (HIGH) 5 minutes, stirring once.
Remove from the baking dish and set aside.
In the same baking dish... - 41.7493
Couscous With Chicken And Shrimp
Soak the couscous in the cold water for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
To cook, put the couscous in a sieve with a fine mesh and place in a casserole dish containing a little boiling water.
Cover with plastic wrap and cook at 100% for 6 to 8 minutes,... - 41.5963
Santa Fe Chicken Drumsticks With Rice
Rinse chicken, pat dry, and set aside.
Combine butter and oil in a shallow rimmed baking pan.
Set in a 400° oven until butter is melted.
Meanwhile, combine flour, chili powder, paprika, and pepper in a small bag.
Add chicken to bag, about half at a time;... - 41.4323
Moroccan Chicken is a lovely chicken preparation that has a unique and incomparable taste. I used it just last week for a themed party and the Moroccan Chicken just added to the high spirits of teh party! Try it! - 41.3853
African Chicken And Rice Casserole
Heat chicken, tomatoes (with liquid), water, 2 teaspoons salt and the pepper to boiling in 5-quart Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Stir in rice, ham, cinnamon and red pepper.
Add chicken, cabbage, green beans and... - 40.996
Chicken And Couscous Parcels
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Place the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water. Soak for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat until soft... - 40.9608
Melt the butter in a skillet, add the onions and celery and cook until the vegetables are limp.
Add the flour and curry powder and cook, stirring, several minutes.
Transfer the mixture to an electric blender.
Add the apples, chicken and about one cup chicken... - 40.8736
South African Nectarine And Lemon Chicken With Pilaf Rice
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas mark 6.
2. Heat 20ml oil in a frying pan, season chicken and sauté over high heat until golden (3-5 minutes). Set aside.
3. Process garlic, ground spices and half the onion in a food processor... - 40.7885
West African Groundnut Stew
Cut up chicken and place all pieces, including back, neck and giblets, in a heavy saucepan with water, celery, and salt.
Cover and simmer gently until chicken is tender.
Drain and save the stock.
Fry onions in the fat until tender.
Mix flour with the peanut... - 40.4232
Combine lime juice, salt, red pepper, black pepper and bay leaf in shallow dish.
Cut each chicken into 8 pieces; rinse and pat dry.
Add to marinade, coating well.
Place onion slices over chicken.
Add 2 tablespoons oil.
Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 2... - 40.2474
Moroccan Lemon Chicken
Heat oil in large pan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned all over.
Drain; cover to keep warm.
Add onion, garlic, cinnamon and ground spices to same pan; cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
Return chicken to pan with rind, juice, undrained crushed... - 39.9832
Chicken And Orange Mould With Rice Sauce
Dissolve soaked gelatin in hot chicken stock.
Add orange juice and seasonings.
Clear with egg white.
Brush 1-quart Charlotte Russe mold with salad oil and pour in a thin coating of jelly [gelatin mixture] on the bottom.
Let stand until set.
Place orange... - 39.8591
Moroccan Chicken With Yogurt
In oblong baking dish, combine water, rice, 1/2 envelope soup mix, raisins and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Heat, covered with plastic wrap, at high4 to 5 minutes and at medium-LOW 13 to 15 minutes, or until rice is almost tender, stir once.
Arrange chicken on... - 39.5204
Creamy Paprika Chicken
Melt butter in heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken in batches and brown on all sides.
Remove chicken and set aside.
Add onions and paprika to skillet; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft but not browned, about 10... - 39.3489
Chicken With Roasted Fennel And Citrus Rice
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6. Lightly crush the fennel seeds and mix with oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Place between the skin and flesh of the chicken breasts, careful not to tear the skin. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the... - 39.1994
Cut off wing ends; you will not use these.
Coat wings with a mix of: flour, salt & pepper.
Use olive oil in skillet to fry wings, 1/2 at a time.
Place all wings in large skillet along with: mushrooms, tomatos & green peppers, placed between chicken... - 38.4761
1. In a large skillet heat the oil and cook the chicken until golden from all sided.
2. Now add the vegetables, garlic and coriander to the pan, stir and cook until vegetables are soft about 7-10 minutes,
3. Add the tomatoes, mint, vinegar and black... - 38.3334
1. Heat half the butter in a pan. Saute the onion for about 3 minutes until soft. Add the minced meat, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and seasoning. Cook, stirring with chopsticks, for 2-3 minutes until the meat is just cooked. Set aside to cool.
2. Place one... - 38.3294
Chicken And Fennel With Lemon And Ginger
1. Rub the chicken with the soy sauce and leave for 15 minutes.
2. Pare the rind from the lemon, then cut into very thin strips. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice. Blend the juice with the stock, honey, cornflour and any soy sauce left after... - 38.2866
In 3-quart casserole, place chicken pieces with meaty portions along outside of dish.
Add onions and carrots.
Combine broth, lemon juice, lemon rind, paprika, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon.
Pour over chicken.
Microwave at high (10) 25 to 29 minutes... - 37.7959
Piri Piri Chicken
1. In a food processor jar, combine the chilies, pepper, vinegar, oil and seasoning.
2. Blend into a coarse paste.
3. Using a sharp tipped knife, make long slant slashes on the skin side of the chicken breasts.
4. Arrange them in a baking... - 37.7261
African Spiced Chicken Stew
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.
Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the broth, squash, corn,... - 37.5462
Chicken Stew With Bulgur
1. Wash the chicken pieces; pat dry. Brown, a few pieces at a time, in butter or margarine in a heavy kettle or Dutch oven; remove all from kettle.
2. Stir onions into drippings in kettle; saute until soft. Stir in salt, ginger, paprika, pepper and 1 cup... - 37.5307
Mostaccioli With Harissa Chicken
In a large deep pot, heat the oil and saute the onions and celery until soft.
Push vegetables aside and brown the chicken thighs evenly, seasoning with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, beans, peas, and limas.
Cover and cook in a... - 37.274
Classic Curried Chicken With Couscous
1. Remove skin and trim all visible fat from chicken thighs; set chicken aside.
2. In a 2 1/2-quart casserole, combine zucchini, onion, oil and garlic; microwave, covered, on High 2-3 minutes. Stir in curry powder and flour until blended. Add tomatoes with... - 36.5071
Date Night Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Smash and peel the garlic cloves and put into a shallow baking dish or casserole. Halve and thinly slice the onion. Quarter the dates and add them to the dish. Scatter the olives on top.
2. Peel 6 long strips of zest from the lemon... - 36.3419
Chicken Wings Moroccan Style
1. Heat oil in a wide-based saucepan or lidded skillet, add chicken wings a few at a time and brown lightly on both sides. Remove to a plate as they brown.
2. Add onions and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and spices. Cook, while stirring for 1... - 36.1631
1. Melt the butter in a skillet, add the onions and celery and cook until the vegetables are limp. Add the flour and curry powder and cook, stirring, several minutes.
2. Transfer the mixture to an electric blender. Add the apples, chicken and about one cup... - 35.056
Chicken & Mushrooms With Couscous
1. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place pieces between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a flat-surfaced mallet until about 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick; then cut chicken into 1/2-inch-wide (1-cm-wide) strips. Set aside.
2. Melt margarine in a wide nonstick frying pan... - 35.0067
Combine all ingredients except tomato puree in saucepan and cook for 25 minutes.
Add tomato puree.
Heat and serve.
Divide evenly. - 34.5611
Moroccan Chicken With Cucumber Melon Relish
1. For marinade, in a small bowl stir together the lemon juice, oil, garlic, gingerroot, cumin, coriander, salt, cinnamon, paprika, red pepper, and black pepper. Place chicken into 2 large plastic bags set in 2 large bowls. Pour half of the marinade over... - 32.8731
1) In a bowl, combine soup and curry powder.
2) Gradually add milk to stir in.
3) Place the bowl inside refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours.
4) Ladle the soup in chilled bowls to serve. - 31.5909
Chicken Smothered With Onion Peppers And Fennel Seeds
1 Sprinkle the fennel seeds in the bottom of a nonstick Dutch oven and cook over medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool, then grind the fennel seeds in a spice grinder; set aside.
2 Sprinkle the... - 31.3186
Spread mustard on each slice of ham.
Set bananas on edges of ham slices and roll up.
If large bananas are used slice lengthwise and roll up each half.
Arrange rolls in a shallow 9 X 6-inch bake dish or bake-and-serve platter.
Spread with soup or sauce and... - 30.2557
Lemon Olive Chicken With Minted Couscous
1. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and... - 27.9556
Delicious with or without saffron, this Kurdish-influenced side dish is an excellent alternative to rice. Saffron Couscous is wonderful served warm, or at room temperature. Delicious with roasted lamb, it's also excellent with your favorite fish - 18.1129
Fried Chicken , The African Way
This Fried chicken recipe is extremely easy to make and full of flavor. The chicken is first boiled for few minutes with its seasoning and then deep fried. - 0
Chicken Stew - African Food
1. Season chicken with salt and fry it in hot oil until nice and golden.
2. Into a bowl, pour the excess oil leaving about 2 tablespoon in the pot.
3. Add tomato, tomato paste, green onion, garlic, grated onion, thyme, and basil.
4. Add black pepper,... - 0
Piri Piri Chicken
1. In the blender combine red chili, garlic, sweet paprika, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt.
2. Blend until well combined.
3. Make slits on the chicken legs using a sharp knife.
4. Marinate the chicken with ½ of the... - 0
Piri Piri Chicken- African Food
1. In a food processor or blender, add roasted chilli powder, fresh chillies, garlic, ginger, black pepper, salt, paprika, lime juice, oil and bouillon cube (if using). Blend till smooth.
2. In a large bowl, place the chicken legs. Pour the... - 0
African Chicken Recipes By Category