- » African Bread
African Bread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of african bread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for african bread recipes.
Ethiopian Flat Bread
Injera is a popular Ethiopian Flat Bread, the bread is sour and spongy, traditionally made from teff flour (Teff is a grain native to Ethiopia). In this recipe, I am going to make Injera without using teff flour which is sometimes not easy to get when you... - 113.148
1. In a bowl, take ½ cup water and mix yeast. Leave it for 5 minutes.
2. In another bowl, mix sugar and salt in ¼ cup water. Stir till sugar dissolves.
3. Take flour in a large bowl. Add the cinnamon, yeast and sugar mix. Pour more water and... - 110.791
Yemarina Yewotet Dabo
In a small bowl dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water.
Set the mixture aside until the yeast starts foaming, 5 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl beat together the egg, honey, spices, salt, milk, and butter with a wire whisk.
Gradually add the flour, 1/2 cup at a... - 42.2296
Don't have eggs in your pantry and you wann make koeksisters? Welcome to BakingMama collection of eggless recipes. This recipe of koeksisters will guide you to prepare even more flavorful koeksisters without eggs for you and your loved ones. - 37.3739
Use a screw-top jar holding 2 lbs.
and three- quarters fill it with warm water.
Dissolve the yeast and combine with raisins and sugar and water in the jar.
Cover tightly with screw-top lid and stand overnight.
sifted boermeal 1/2-lb.
butter... - 31.5456
You May Also Like!
Koeksisters - South African Syrup Coated Doughnut Braids
1) In a saucepan, boil together sugar and water until thickened.
2) Allow the syrup to cool and place in refrigerator.
3) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4) Add in the butter and rub the mixture well.
5)... - 42.7835
In this video, you'll find Alia make some traditional Moroccan bread with sesame seeds and anise seeds. She proves that making bread is not a complicated process. This Moroccan bread will be a super accompaniment to any stewy main dish. Enjoy the video! - 120.634
Cook the millet 10 minutes in the bouillon with the saffron and some of the pepper.
Wash, peel and cut the asparagus into 1/4-inch pieces and cook with the millet 15 more minutes.
Clean, wash and thinly slice the mushrooms and saute 10 minutes in 3... - 40.8541
South African Curry
Soak bread crumbs in milk.
Drain off milk and reserve (about 1/2 cup); set crumbs aside.
Cook onions and apple in heated butter in a large skillet until just tender, stirring occasionally.
Mix in curry powder, sugar, raisins, and almonds.
Blend in 1 egg,... - 41.8628
Chapati is a flat, soft and thin bread. It is enjoyed all over East Africa but the recipe is originated from India and bought to East Africa by the Indian traders centuries ago. It can be served with stews for lunches or dinner or with butter for breakfast.... - 105.259
Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup warm water in 2-cup measure.
Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour; mixture may be slightly lumpy.
Warm milk slightly in saucepan.
Stir in butter.
Combine with salt, caraway seeds and anise seeds in large bowl.
Stir in... - 45.9273
Bread Stuffed With Lentils
1) With a serrated knife, horizontally cut the top quarter from the bread.
2) Wrap the top with aluminum foil or plastic film and set aside.
3) Scoop out the soft interior of the bread, leaving about 1 inch shell.
3) Scoop carefully, do not... - 48.1837
Algerian Chickpea Bread
TO MAKE THE SPONGE: In a small bowl, combine the flour with the water and yeast.
Stir the mixture until blended, cover, and let sit in a warm place for 24 hours.
In a bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer, stir the sponge with the honey, water, and yeast.
Let... - 44.1304
Cuban Breaded Steaks With Red Beans And Rice
1) In a large heavy skillet, saute the bacon over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until crisp.
Remove and drain on paper towels.
2) In the same skillet, saute the ham in the skillet drippings, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until... - 44.2927
In a medium bowl dissolve the yeast in warm water.
Set the mixture aside until the dough starts foaming, 5 to 10 minutes.
In a food processor pulse together the flour, sugar, salt, and dry milk a few times to mix well.
Add the oil and warm water to the yeast... - 38.9862
African Bread Recipes By Category