- » African Bean
African Bean Recipes
Enjoy our collection of african bean recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for african bean recipes.
In Morocco, the Loubia is a classic winter dish! It is made of white beans cooked in flavored tomato sauce. By the end of the video, you will also realize that it is a very healthy dish. Thalia has made it easy for the non-Moroccan viewers here. Thanks... - 118.997
Steamed Bean Pudding
Moi Moi or Moyin Moyin is a delicious and rich steamed bean pudding. The recipe is very popular in Nigeria but also in many West African countries. In Gambia Moi Moi is called Olele where fish is always added. This is just a basic recipe for Moyin Moyin ,... - 115.659
Red Kidney Beans And Beef Stew
Are you a chili fan? How about some African chili? Watch this video recipe for Red Kidney Beans and Beef Stew. It is a rustic dish unlike the chili. So take your taste buds on an African safari tonight. Bon Appétit! - 114.592
Three-bean Meatless Chili
Ever imagined making Chili without meat? Well, here is a chili without any meat in it, and yet, it has protein from the three different beans. It appears to be a pretty tasty vegetarian delight. Check out the Meatless Three-Bean Chili video here and make it! - 91.317
Leblebi Tunisian Chickpea Soup
Rinse and pick over the chickpeas.
Soak the chickpeas overnight in water to cover by several inches.
In a large pot, combine the chickpeas and broth.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
In a mortar or food... - 45.2823
Algerian Chickpea Bread
TO MAKE THE SPONGE: In a small bowl, combine the flour with the water and yeast.
Stir the mixture until blended, cover, and let sit in a warm place for 24 hours.
In a bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer, stir the sponge with the honey, water, and yeast.
Let... - 45.1689
Green Beans And Fennel Ragout
In a soup pot, saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
Add the potatoes and tomatoes.
Stir in the thyme and water.
Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
Stem the green beans... - 44.7461
Black Beans And Rice With Baked Plantains
Rinse plantains, and pat dry; trim ends.
Cut a length wise slit just through the skin of each plantain; place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until plantains are tender.
Remove from oven, and let cool.
Peel and cut... - 43.7786
Ham, Beans & Okra Soup
In deep kettle, brown meat in butter.
Add tomatoes and okra.
Cover with boiling water and simmer, covered, over medium heat for 1 hour.
Then add 4 cups boiling water.
Bring to boiling point.
Lower heat and simmer, covered, stirring frequently.
Skim soup as it... - 42.1258
Great Northern Bean Casserole
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 4-quart casserole dish, combine water, beans, bacon, onion, green pepper and salt.
Heat, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until water is boiling.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM-LOW.
Heat, covered, 45 minutes, stirring twice.
Stir in... - 38.896
French Quarter Red Beans And Rice
1. In large bowl combine beans in enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Let stand at cool room temperature -overnight. Drain.
2. In large Dutch oven or saucepan combine drained beans, 6 cups water, onion, celery, pepper, carrot, ham, thyme, and garlic.... - 37.3149
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add ginger, cinnamon, cumin seeds, and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes longer or until onions are soft.
2. Add red kidney beans, soy beans, chickpeas, chicken (if... - 36.3064
1) Place the beans in salted water overnight. Alternately allow the beans to boil for 2 minutes, then soak for further one hour.
2) In a pan, bring the beans to a boil, lower the heat and gently simmer covered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the beans are... - 35.6546
African Bean Recipes By Category