- » African Appetizer
African Appetizer Recipes
African Appetizers are tasty, mostly crispy, short-bites, prepared as a treat to celebrate festivities and special occasions such as family re-unions, parties and weddings by the Africans. African appetizers are ... More »
Moroccan Tomato Jam - Appetizer
The Moroccan cuisine is well known for its beautiful flavors. The Moroccan Tomato Jam is an authentic fare coming right at you. In Morocco, they caramelize tomatoes with honey and orange blossom water and serve it as an appetizer (hot or cold) with bread. But... - 143.417
Fuyu Persimmon Salad With Moroccan Sweet Vinaigrette
The Fuyu Persimmon Salad with Moroccan Sweet Vinaigrette is definitely one of those exotic sounding dishes that taste equally good. With the help of this video, you can now make this dish in your home and impress your friends. Watch, learn, and bon appetit! - 141.695
Suya - Barbecued African Kebab
Bring the flavors of Africa to your platter with this spicy, colorful African suya kebab. Drizzled with spicy chili sauce, these scrummy kebabs are sure to leave you begging for more. And the good thing is that preparing them hardly warrants any back-breaking... - 116.489
African Beef Soup
African Beef Soup is a hearty dish that can also be served as a main course with some bread or rice. Watch this video recipe for this simple dish that calls for a few ingredients and is very economic. Give it a try! - 115.607
Cassava And Yam Porridge
Cassava and yams porridge is a perfect recipe to make on the lazy days because the recipe does not require a lot of work. All you have to do is to add all the tubers and other ingredients in the pot and let it cook until you get your desired consistency. This... - 113.19
African Peanut Soup
1. Place a large pot over heat, pour oil, and sauté onion and pepper in it. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Throw garlic, stir and cook until fragrant.
3. Add pasta sauce and mix well.
4. Pour vegetable stock and stir.
5. Sprinkle... - 107.413
1) Melt the palm oil in a large pan.
2) Add the crayfish and the stockfish, followed by the dry fish. Mix well.
3) Turn the heat off and continue to mix. Add the potash and mix well. At this point, the mixture will turn a little yellow. If needed, add... - 107.108
African Egusi Soup
1) Cook the beef, ox tail and cow skin together in some oil, over medium high heat in a large pot. Seasoned with salt, pepper and maggi cube.
2) Reduce heat to medium and add stockfish and dry fish. Mix add the crayfish. Stir well.
3) Cover and let the... - 101.165
Cous Cous Salad
1. Prepare the cous cous.
2. Pre-heat the grill.
3. Spread the almonds on a baking tray.
4. Place under the grill and toast until golden brown.
5. Chop the apricots into about 0.5cm dice.
6. Pick the coriander leaves from the... - 90.8003
African Egusi - Part 2 -finishing
This is the Part 2 of a 2 part video series. This video shows you how to finish the soup and it tastes good when done. Watch and learn, folk. Serve and enjoy! - 75.9352
African Egusi - Part 1 -preparation
This is the Part 1 of a 2 part video series. In this video, you will learn about the ingredients required to make this hearty African Egusi. This soup is a complete meal by itself; and it can double up as a great feast with some bread, or rice, or with some... - 69.3985
Ghanaian Kontomire Cocoyam Leaf Stew - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
As anyone will tell you, Ghana stews are quite sophisticated and promising with liberal use of exotic ingredients and delivering a gamut of flavors, textures and spices. And this stew is no different. Made with kontomire cocoyam leaf, this hearty stew would... - 63.9509
African Style Fried Sweet Potato With Chili Sauce
Have you been looking for great appetizer to serve this evening? Your search ends right here. Watch the chef share her secret recipe to prepare African Style Fried Sweet Potato with Chili Sauce. The recipe is simple and is very easy to follow. Watch it now. - 58.7092
Cream Of Green Pea Soup St Germain
1) Take a cast iron saucepan and place the frozen green peas, sliced leeks, shredded lettuce and spinach leaves in it.
2) Add coarse salt, sugar, butter and water to it and boil the ingredients together.
3) Simmer the covered saucepan over low heat for... - 48.7003
Quick Pea Soup With Shrimp
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and add in it water and potato, place it on medium heat and bring the mix into boiling point.
2. Add rest all ingredients into the mix, except shrimp, sour cream, and garnishing items. Continue cooking until potato turns soft... - 48.0405
Green Split Pea Soup
1) Soak peas as per the instructions and drain.
2) In a large saucepan,stir in butter until melted and cook the onions until lightly browned.
3) Now add water, peas, and seasoning and cover with lid.
4) Reduce to simmer and cook for 1... - 47.4809
Green Pea Soup
Wash the peas and shell about 20 pods.
Tie the shelled peas in muslin to use for the garnish later.
Put the rest of the pods, onions, mint, spinach, stock, salt, pepper and garnish in the cooker.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure, then cook... - 47.3927
North African Cauliflower Soup
In a soup pot on medium heat, saute the onions in the oil for 5 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
While the onions saute, dice the potatoes and chop the cauliflower.
Stir the cumin, fennel, and potatoes into the pot, and cook for a minute.
Then add the hot... - 45.8907
Egyptian Lentil Soup
Saute 2 tablespoons minced onion in 1 tablespoon butter in saute pan; set aside.
Rinse and sort lentils.
Bring chicken stock to a boil in large heavy saucepan over high heat.
Add lentils, 1 chopped onion, tomato and garlic; reduce heat.
Simmer, partially... - 45.7901
Grind the peanuts, a few at a time, in an electric blender.
Do not overgrind or the peanuts will be a paste rather than a meal.
Heat the consomme in a large saucepan.
Stir in the onion, the ground peanuts and the pepper flakes.
Bring to the boiling point and... - 45.7513
African Spiced Vegetable Salad
1. Steam the cauliflower, carrots and broccoli for a couple of minutes, covered; rinse under cold water when done and drain away all the water
2. In a small skillet, combine the red pepper, ginger, cumin, coriander, nutmeg and salt and cook over medium... - 44.7908
1) Pare and thinly slice the cucumbers.
2) In a medium-size bowl, place the cucumbers.
3) In a small bowl, blend the yogurt, dillweed, French dressing and salt, blend well.
4) Pour over the cucumbers and toss gently to mix.
5)... - 44.7778
Tomato Okra Soup
1. Heat half the butter. Brown rice to golden brown.
2. Add stock. Bring to boil.
3. Chop celery, capsicum (with seeds removed and washed thoroughly) and onion.
4. Blanch and mash tomatoes.
5. Slice ladies fingers into roundels.
6. Heat remaining butter. Fry... - 44.7744
Wild Rice, Chickpea And Rosemary Soup
1.Take a soup kettle,and add oil.
2,Add the garlic and brown it well.
3.Now add the dry ingredients like the vegetables and rice.
4.Pour the water or stock, and bring to a boil.
5.Once the rice is tender, the soup should be taken off the heat and... - 44.4704
Basic Split Pea Soup
1. With a knife, dice the ham meat from bone.
2. In 3–litre microwaveable casserole, Place all the ingredients.
3. Cover the casserole and place in the microwave.
4. In the microwave, bring to a boil by cooking for 15-20 minutes at... - 44.3668
Tiger Prawns Peri Peri
Heat 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter in a sauce pan and saute the apples until soft.
Sprinkle with the flour and curry and continue to cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
Add the apple juice and chicken broth, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the cream and marmalade, and... - 44.0729
Leblebi Tunisian Chickpea Soup
Rinse and pick over the chickpeas.
Soak the chickpeas overnight in water to cover by several inches.
In a large pot, combine the chickpeas and broth.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
In a mortar or food... - 43.9412
Lemon Peanut Soup
Melt butter in a large saucepot or Dutch oven.
Add onion and celery; saute 5 minutes, or until tender, but not browned.
Add flour and mix well.
In another saucepan, heat chicken broth.
Gradually stir hot broth into vegetable mixture.
Cook 30 minutes.
Remove... - 43.8317
Melt butter in a skillet and add onions and celery.
Cook until vegetables are limp.
Add the flour and curry powder.
Stir and cook for several minutes.
Transfer mixture to an electric blender.
Add apples, chicken and about 1 cup chicken broth or enough to make... - 43.5843
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine water and burghul. Keep aside to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Once soaked, pass through a sieve and drain off all the excess water. Ensure that it is completely de void of any moisture.
3. In a large bowl, combine oil,... - 43.46
Moroccan Carrot Salad
1. In a large Dutch oven cover carrots with water and with cover bring to a boil.
2. Boil 6 minutes until crisp-tender, then drain and place in a large shallow dish.
3. In a bowl combine 2 1/4 cups water, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and... - 42.9719
Pork Bundle Kabobs
Partially freeze meat.
Cut on the bias into 3-inch strips.
For marinade, combine orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger-root.
Place meat in a plastic bag, then set in a bowl.
Pour marinade over meat and close bag.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6... - 42.8944
Sweet Pepper Soup
Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 2 minutes.
Stir in the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly, and bring to the boil.
Add the red peppers, chilli, tomatoes and... - 42.6954
Tyropetes Fennel Spiced Cheese Triangles
Combine onion, all cheeses, parsley and fennel seed in medium bowl and mix well with fork.
Blend in egg.
Stack phyllo on work surface.
Cut lengthwise into thirds; stack again.
Cover phyllo with waxed paper and damp towel to prevent drying.
Remove top strip of... - 42.3058
Potato And Green Pea Soup
Dice the potatoes, and if the pea pods are very young there is no need to shell the peas -just chop up the pods containing the peas.
If the peas and the pods seem rather tough, then simmer the pods for a short time in the stock or water before adding the peas... - 41.9961
Peanut Soup African Style
1) Cube the meat into 1/2-inch pieces and immerse in salted water.
2) Add 1 chopped onion and cook covered over a medium heat until the meat is tender.
3) Shell and skin the peanuts, then gind them finely.
3) Chop the herring and smoked fish, and stir... - 41.8761
1) Place the garbanzo beans in water 3 C and soak them overnight.
2) Drain the beans and cook them for about 2-3 hours, until soft.
3) In a blender, puree the beans into a smooth paste.
4) Stir in rest of the ingredients and blend well.
5)... - 41.3727
Moroccan Eggplant Dip
Dice eggplant, discarding ends.
In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add eggplant, tomato sauce, garlic, green pepper, cumin, cayenne, sugar, salt, and vinegar.
Cook, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Uncover and boil mixture over... - 41.2439
Roast Whole Turkey Breast With Fennel And Bay Leaves
Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven.
Lightly oil a flat rack in a roasting pan.
Rinse the turkey breast in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Place skin-side down on a flat surface.
Place the onion,... - 41.1323
African Appetizer Recipes By Category
African Appetizer Course: