- » Achar
Achar is the name given to Indian pickles that are made with various ingredients, such as vegetables and meat, and in some cases even fruits. In fact, the spices that go into making the Indian pickles are popular ... More »
Aam Ka Achar - Hot Mango Pickle
To all those who enjoy eating Indian pickles will relish this. For most Indians pickle is an important part of their meal. If you want to preserve it for a longer time, then do refrigerate it. Watch the video for the recipe of this tasty pickle. - 108.57
Nimbu Achar - Hot Lemon Pickle
Those who are fond of eating pickles will surely relish this one. The chef makes the recipe easy to follow by her useful tips. She makes the spicy version but you can make sweet lime pickle as well by adding sugar. Your family and guests will enjoy it. Do... - 107.552
Nimbu Achar (lemon Pickle) - Traditional And Sweet
If you're in the mood of making some Indian pickles, then you must try this lemon pickle. Chef Bhavna shows the traditional way of making lemon pickle and you can store it the whole year at room temperature. Watch the video for the detailed recipe. - 96.1127
1) In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
2) SautÃ© garlic and turmeric in hot oil and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute.
3) Pour in vinegar and add ginger, sugar,... - 49.0697
Methia Nu Achar
Wash, dry completely and cut mangoes through the seed into medium-sized pieces.
Rub with salt and keep aside for two hours.
Drain out water, mix with garlic and all spices except mustard seeds.
Leave for four hours.
Heat both oils in a large pan, with lime... - 45.5991
Mewa Nu Achar
Wash all dried fruit in a little vinegar.
Soak apricots overnight in 1 1/2—2 cups vinegar.
Cook jaggery in half the vinegar till dissolved.
Strain into another pan.
Add crushed spices and chilli powder and bring to boil.
Add all fruit, carrots, mango pulp-... - 45.2022
Gajar Lagan Nu Achar
Gajar Lagannu Acinar has a two taste in one. The malt vinegar, chilli powder with seedless dates gives the Gajar Lagannu Acinar a two dimensional taste. Must catch it. - 44.2607
Gharab Nu Achar
Wash and dry fish roe.
Peel cardamoms and crush with cinnamon, and cloves.
Heat oil and 400 ml vinegar.
Add roe and fry.
Remove, cool and cut into one-inch pieces.
Beat mustard and vinegar till strong enough to sting eyes and nose when sniffed.
Reheat oil and... - 44.0456
Gajar-meva Nu Achaar
Try out this Gajar-Meva Nu Achaar, the incredibly delicious pickle made of carrots. Extremely easy to make with long shelf-life, this Gajar-Meva Nu Achaar pretty much goes with any main dish of your choice! - 43.6099
1. With a needle poke holes into each amla.
2. In a big bowl take 2 litres water. Dissolve alum and chuna in it.
3. Add amlas and set aside for half an hour.
4. Drain out from water.
5. Wash in 3 to 4 changes of water.
6. Cut the amlas into... - 43.2096
Heat 3/4 kg oil.
Cut the chicken into small pieces (20 from each chicken) and fry well till browned in the hot oil.
Remove from oil.
In the same oil fry ginger and garlic brown.
Add chilli powder and vinegar, when it boils, remove from fire.
Heat... - 43.0494
Colmi Nu Achar
Rub prawns with salt and keep aside.
Mix garlic, chilli powder, cumin powder and salt to a paste with a little vinegar.
Dip prawns in half this mixture and keep aside for half an hour.
Heat half oil and fry remaining paste lightly.
In another pan, heat... - 42.2005
Taji Sardine Nu Achar
Clean and gut fish.
Rub with a little salt and shallow fry.
Leave in oil to cool.
Beat mustard with a little vinegar for fifteen minutes, till strong enough to sting eyes and nose when sniffed.
Coarsely grind garlic and cumin seeds in a little... - 41.279
1. Scrape, wash and cut the bitter gourd pieces of desired size, sprinkle the turmeric powder and some salt, and leave aside for 1 1/2-2 hours.
2. Strain the gourd pieces to remove water, and discard this water. Wash the gourd pieces thoroughly. Dry on a... - 41.2443
Meetha Nimbu Achar
1)In a saucepan, add all ingredients, except lemons and cook for about 10 minutes.
2)Take a clean and dry jar, drop the lemons first and then add the cooked mixture.
3)Shake the jar thoroughly and keep it in warm place or in sun until lemon skin is... - 41.2209
Gosht Nu Achar
Rub some salt into meat pieces and fry in oil with whole spices till well browned and cooked.
Add ground spices, with sugar and salt.
Simmer gently till spices and meat are well amalgamated and cooked through.
Cool and bottle, keeping pickle covered with... - 40.6535
1. Boil some water, add the gooseberries, simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from fire. Cover and leave aside for 5 minutes.
2. Drain out all the water. Rub salt and turmeric powder on the berries, put into ajar and leave aside for a day.
3. Next day, strain the... - 40.3838
Sukhi Gharub Nu Achar
Wash, dry and cut fish roe into two-inch pieces.
Peel garlic and keep one pod aside.
Grind remaining garlic with cumin seeds and chilli powder in a little vinegar.
Fry fish roe in a little mixed sesame seed and mustard oil.
Remove from pan and drain.
Add... - 40.3657
This Aloo Achar recipe is a delicious side dish that goes great with rice or rotis (Indian bread). If a party for family and friends is what you are planning, then this potato delight is a must have on your menu. - 40.1553
This garlic pickle or lehsun ka aachar is one of my favorite pickles of choice. Made with red chilies and spices like turmeric, cumin, fenigreek and mustard, the garlic pickle is a cooked pickle and can be stored for a long time for use. - 39.6937
Clean the prawns, salt them and keep aside.
Heat Oil in a pan, add fenugreek seeds, allow them to heat up.
Add crushed garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder and prawns.
Cover it and let it cook till the prawns are done. (Prawns get cooked in 5 mins, if... - 39.4353
Gajar Mewa Nu Achar
Gajar Meva Nu Acinar has a great taste. The dates and chilli powder gives the Gajar Meva Nu Acinar a two dimensional taste. Must catch it. - 39.173
Masala Ni Sukhi Machhi Nu Achar
Slice fish through bone about three-quarter of an inch thick and rub with salt.
Put fish on banana leaves and place on a platter.
Cover with more leaves and leave overnight.
The next day wash fish in salt solution.
Grease fish with a little oil, place on a... - 38.7743
This turnip pickle or shalgam ka achar is a spiced vegetable pickle. Made with garlic, chili powder, cumin and onion seeds, the turnip pickle is made with added dry dates and set in the sun to mature before it is used. - 38.4175
Gajar Ka Achar
Gaajar ka achar is a spiced vegetabel pickle made with carrots. A cooked pickle, the gaajar ka achar or carrot pickle is prepared with chili, mace, cloves and cardamom. Sweetened with jaggery, the gaajar ka achar is sealed and set in the sun to mature. - 37.8291
Pachranga achar is a mixed pickle made with raw mangoes, chickpeas and lotus stems. Spiced with mixed spices, the pachranga achar is sealed with oil and can be stored for upto a year and used. - 37.6412
Limbu Ka Achaar
Wipe lemons dry after washing.
Cut into quarters.
In a plate mix chilli, powder, turmeric and 1/2 tsp salt.
Mix the lemon quarters into masala powder.
Put into a clean dry jar along with salt, sugar and green chillies.
Mix together, and then pour lemon juice... - 37.4337
Ladyfinger pickle or bhindi ka achar is a peppy and savory pickle recipe. Made with fresh ladyfingers, this vegetable pickle is cooked with a stuffing of spices like turmeric, red chili pepper, fenugreek, asafoetida and cumin along with curry leaves and lemon... - 37.3959
Aam Ka Meetha Achaar
1)In a saucepan, add jaggery and water and bring to the boil.
2)Stir in mango and cook on low heat until water evaporates and mixture is thick.
3)Add the remaining ingredients and cook until well.
4)Turn off heat and let it cool.
5)Serve... - 37.1531
Nimbu Ka Mitha Achar
Nimbu ka meetha aachar is tangy sweet pickle made with lemons. A popular pickle in India, the sweet lemon pickle or nimbu ka meetha achar is spiced with fennel, cumin and peppers. Sweetened with jaggerey, it is an all natural pickle and is cooked to prepare... - 36.8288
Nimbu Ka Achar
Nimbu ka achar is a peppy lemon pickle. Spiced with asafoetida, red chili powder, cloves and cardamon among other spices, the nimbu ka achar is a non cooked pickle. Combined together and set to mature in the sun, the nimbu ka achar is great with any meal. - 36.7644
Quick Bitter Gourd Pickle
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the gourds. Remove the seeds, and cut into 1" pieces. Put into pan. Add 1/4 cup vinegar and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
2. Mix the ground paste with the rest of the vinegar. Add the salt and jaggery, and boil a further 3-8... - 36.3761
Classic Ikan Achar - Asian Pickle
Put the tamarind into a bowl and pour over the boiling water.
Set aside until it is cool.
Pour the contents of the bowl through a strainer into a second bowl, pressing as much of the pulp through as possible.
Meanwhile, put the almonds, chillis,... - 36.162
Put the onion, garlic, ginger, candle or brazil nuts, chillis or sambal ulek into a blender with about 3 tablespoons of the water.
Blend to a smooth puree.
Heat the oil in a large frying-pan.
When it ishot,add the puree mixture and stir-fry for 3... - 35.9796
Bitter Gourd Pickle
1. Wash and slit the gourds, remove the seeds and cut into 1" pieces.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a kadai, and add the curry leaves and gourd pieces along with the turmeric powder. Fry on low heat till lightly browned. Remove from kadai and set aside.
3.... - 35.734
Onion pickle is a savory and spicy pickle recipe made with small onions. This onion pickle or pyaaz ka achar is a peppy pickle recipe spiced with chili pepper, amchoor, cumin, aniseed and mustard amongst others. Sealed with oil and matured for sometime, it is... - 35.4978
Limbu Nu Achar Navsari
Wash and completely dry limes.
Slit into four sections three-quarters down limes, leaving them whole.
Stuff with salt and put into a glass jar for one month, shaking bottle every day.
After one month, drain out liquid.
Put sugar in a pan and gently mix limes... - 35.2286
Gajer Nu Achar
Wash dates in a little vinegar and soak overnight in one cup of vinegar.
Beat mustard in a little vinegar for fifteen minutes, till strong enough to sting eyes and nose when sniffed.
Mix all ingredients and keep for one week before using.
This pickle will... - 32.9354
Chile Aam Ka Achar
1)Wash and skin the mangoes and cut them into 8 pieces each.
2)In a large container, add mango pieces, salt, reserving 1 teaspoon, cayenne and asafoetida and mix thoroughly.
3)Take a clean glass jar, sprinkle the reserved salt at its... - 32.6803
Meetha Aam Ka Achar
Meetha aam ka achar is a popular sweet mango pickle made with raw mangoes. Prepared in the early summer with fresh raw mangoes, the meetha aam ka achar is spiced with chili peppers, asafoetida and fenugreek seeds. Sweetened with sugar, the meetha aam ka achar... - 31.9338
Aam Ka Mitha Achar
Aam ka meetha achar is an appetizing sweet mango pickle that is very popular in India. Commonly made at homes across most of North India, aam ka meetha achar is prepared with roasted or lightly cooked spices and let to dry in the sun. - 31.9079
This brinjal pickle recipe is a spicy and savory vegetable pickle. Made with added tomatoes, the brinjal pickle isa cooked pickle and is spiced with asafoetida, turmeric and chili powder. Flavored with tamarind and curry powder, the brinjal pickle is... - 31.8092
A quick and easy recipe to make achar fish. A delight for any seafood lover. Discover the world of seafood , the Indian way. - 31.6505
Shimi Ka Achar
Shimi Ka Achar! Wow ! I love this delicious-beyond-words Sikkimese string bean pickle with Sel Roti ! Try this traditional fare once in a while to give your taste buds a change ! Tell me if you agree with me on Shimi Ka Achar ! - 30.4212
Keri Mewa Nu Achaar ( Raw Mango And Dried Fruit Pickle )
1. Skin the raw mangoes and chop into two pieces. Remove the seed and cut into small cubes. Discard the seeds.
2. Soak all the dried fruit overnight, in a glass bottle full of vinegar.
3. Cut the ginger-garlic a day before and dry it in the sun.
4. Take a... - 30.2347
Amla (gooseberry) Pickle
Amla or gooseberry pickle/achar is a simple pickle. Prepared with green chilies, cumin and mustard seeds along with lemon, the amla pickle or amla achar is a cooked pickle and can be sealed and stored for later use. - 30.0939
Spicy Onion Pickle
This spicy onion pickle is a spiced onion pickle recipe. This vegetable pickle also called pyaaz ka achar is spiced with cinnamon, cloves, chilies and peppercorns. A cooked pickle, this can be stored for quite some time in a cool place. - 29.525
Bitter Gourd Pickle
Place the bitter gourd pieces in a thali and sprinkle lightly with fine salt.
Take a large pan and add 1 cup of oil and place on medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop. Then lower the heat and add the ambe-halad and turmeric strips, chilli... - 29.5026
Dry Dates Pickle
Dry dates pickle is a savory and flavorful pickle made with khajoo or dried dates. Spiced with aniseeds, coriander powder and cumin to taste, the dry dates pickle is sealed with lemon juice and is set to mature for a week. - 29.3761
Pumpkin pickle or kaddu ka achar is a spiced vegetable pickle. Made with spices like turmeric, mustard and red chili peppers along with fenugreek, the pumpkin pickle is matured by setting it in the sun before it is ready for use. - 28.8231
1. Soak the figs and black currants in vinegar for twenty-four hours.
2. Cut the fresh turmeric and ginger into fine strips one inch long. Peel the carrots and cut into sticks. Peel the melons, remove the seeds and cut into thin one inch strips. Cover all... - 28.6485
Nepalese Style Alu Achar
-In a pan heat mustard oil till it smokes lightly, add fenugreek seeds and let it brown slightly. Then add mustard seeds till they crackle and add green chillies. Stir till chillies are slightly charred.
-Now add all the masalas (except amchur) with salt and... - 28.3676
Kolmi Imu Khattu Mi7thu Achaar
1. Wash the prawns well. Place in a saucepan along with two teaspoons salt, curry leaves, green chillies and two cups of vinegar. Allow to cook well and when prawns are tender - cool.
2. Grind the masala till soft and buttery.
3. Place two cups of oil in a... - 28.1431
Piroja Nu Vengnanu Achaar
1. Grind the masala finely with half to one cup vinegar and set aside.
2. Skin the brinjal, chop into small cubes and apply salt.
3. Heat three cups of oil in a large pan. Add cumin and mustard seeds. Fry the masala till golden red. Add the brinjal, chilli... - 27.9767
Vatamas Ko Achar
This Vatamas Ko Achar is simply irresistible! This Sikkimese Soybean pickle makes a mind blowing combination with rice ! Try this Vatamas Ko Achar and tell me if you share my passion ! - 27.5074
Hot & Spicy Pachrasiya Achaar
1. Soak all the vegetables in handfuls of salt in separate vessels. Cut them into sticks. Soak the apricots, dried dates and deseeded black currants in vinegar overnight.
2. Next morning wash all the vegetables lightly in vinegar and place in a colander.... - 27.253
Gajar Mewa Nu Achaar ( Carrot And Dried Fruit Pickle )
1. Place the grated carrots in a heavy based pan. Add three to four cups of sugar and two to three cups of vinegar and cook over a slow fire. Keep stirring. Add the garlic.
2. If you need more vinegar to soften the carrots use it Ã¢â‚¬â€ a little... - 26.8529
Chammna Nu Achaar ( Pomfret Pickle )
1. Cut each pomfret into small pieces. Wash well, apply salt, turmeric and chilli powder and set aside. Do not use the soft stomach flap portion.
2. Take a frypan and half fill it with oil. Fry the fish pieces in small batches taking care not to bruise... - 26.7032
Iagan Nu Achaar ( Wedding Pickle )
1. Place the grated carrots, sugar jaggery and one bottle vinegar in a heavy bottomed pan and allow to cook over a slow fire. When soft add the sliced ginger and garlic and salt to taste.
2. When the carrots are cooked and you have a nice sticky syrup add the... - 26.5336
Pani Nu Achar
Wash and dry mangoes.
Mix with alum and some salt.
In a large jar, place a layer of salt and alternate layers of mango and salt till jar is full, making sure it is tightly packed.
After a week, open jar, remove water and discard any mangoes that may have gone... - 26.1463
Keri Nu Pani Nu Achaar Or Mango Pickle In Brine
Wash and dry the mangoes. Do not chop them.
Take a large brown and white pickle bottle. Put salt at the bottom, then place a layer of mangoes, then salt and again a layer of mangoes with chillies, till all the mangoes are used up. Pour boiled cooled water... - 25.758
Silam Ko Achar
This Silam Ko Achar tastes incredible ! A wonderful Sikkimese pickle, it makes a mind blowing combination with Phulaurah(buckwheat fritters). Just try this Silam Ko Achar and let me know if you share my passion ! - 24.7295
Limbu Marcha Nu Achaar
1. Wash the sour limes, allow to dry and cut into 8 pieces. Remove the seeds as they spoil the taste of the pickle.
2. Combine the salt and powdered masalas. Place a layer of the salt mixture at the bottom of the pickle jar. Then place a layer of sour limes... - 24.5722
Mrs. Deboo Nu Methianoo Achaar
1. Wash the mangoes and allow to dry. Cut into half, discard the seeds and cut into small pieces of even size.
2. Grind the fenugreek coarsely in a mixie or stone pata. Clean the salt of any impurities.
3. Mix the chilli, turmeric, fenugreek, asafoetida and... - 23.9494
Chhurpi Ko Achar
This Churpi Ko Achar tastes incredible! You'll love this traditional Sikkimese cottage cheese pickle with breads ! Try this Churpi Ko Achar and let me know if you like it ! - 23.476
Tomato Achar ! Aha ! Can there be a better reason for me to gorge on my wheat flour roties everyday with undeterred punctuality ? Just try this irresistible savory tomato pickle known as Tomato Achar and let me know if you share my passion ! - 22.4868
Keri Nu Pani Nu Achaar ( Mango Pickle In Brine )
1. Wash and dry the mangoes. Do not chop them.
2. Take a large brown and. white pickle bottle. Put salt at the bottom, then place a layer of mangoes, then salt and again a layer of mangoes with chillies, till all the mangoes are' used up. Pour boiled cooled... - 21.9679
Pani Nu Karvanda Nu Achaar
1. Wash and dry the karvandas.
2. Place salt at the bottom of a large pickle bottle and layer it with karvandas, chillies, ginger strips followed by a layer of salt till the bottle is full. Top it with hing and alum and fill it up with boiled, cooled water.... - 18.3559
Achar Recipes By Category