What goes into a successful diet plan?
Success may be accidental or may be achieved through right planning and right execution. If you want to lose weight and maintain your weight, you have to be true to yourself.
Now, what lies in being true to yourself? I would say a great deal because you need to understand yourself and lead yourself to do things for your own benefit. You know it is not right to consume high fat foods but you simply love to munch those big burgers and pizzas filled with cheese.
So what are the simple steps to develop healthy eating habits?
Amir Khan says go to a good dietician and I agree with him. If you think you can do it all on your own, you may or may not succeed in losing weight, and even if you have succeeded, you have gained it faster too.
Simple steps towards a successful diet plan:
- First educate yourself about food.
- Find a good dietician and it’s best to use your contacts so that you don’t go and allow yourself to be experimented.
- Sit and discuss with him and get your doubts cleared about food, your food habits etc. See that the dietician gives you a normal kind of a routine and not special types like colour diet, all protein diet etc. As you cannot live your entire life by following a red diet on Monday or all vegetable diet on Monday etc., I totally agree with Amir Khan on this matter that follow something normal and sensible.
- Now chalk a diet plan with your dietician and follow it religiously. Allow yourself to make mistakes and but get stricter gradually. And, if you take the whole exercise as a sport, you will find that you are easily accepting the changes in your life.
- Start small and then make bigger changes. For instance if you allow yourself a burger once a week in the beginning, by the end of the month you should be able to skip a burger for the entire month following.
- You don’t have to reward yourself with a king size pastry on shedding 4 kilos in the first month. All that you should strive at is keep following the diet plan and lifestyle advised by your dietician.
- The longer you stick to the selective diet plan, you will get into the habit of eating only healthy food. Later, you will find burgers and pastries really don’t hold much attraction for you.
- Love the food that you eat and enjoy it, you will the see the change in yourself.