Top 5 Halloween Cupcake Decorating Ideas - The Spooky Cupcake Collection
October is here – time to get ready for some spooky Halloween fun and celebrate everything that’s creepy and weird. To help you in your preparations for the ghoulish season, here I have shared the top 5 Halloween cupcake decorating ideas to turn your innocent and delectable cupcake into the eeriest treat of the season…
1. Spider Cupcake: These tasty yet creepy cupcakes are true arachnophobic delights. Making these cupcakes is not at all as difficult as it seems to be. All you need is freshly baked cup cakes, meringue butter-cream, black sanding sugar, marshmallows, black licorice, and cinnamon candy. First, frost the cupcake tops with the meringue butter cream and dust it with black sanding sugar. Use candies for eyes, black licorice for legs and cut the marshmallows into tiny cone shapes for the fangs. Your spider cupcakes will be ready in minutes.
2. Eyeball Cupcake: Dare your guests to bite into creepy little eyeballs. These eyeball cupcakes are gross and delicious all at the same time. To make these, prepare the cup cake using your favorite cup cake recipe and frost it with classic white vanilla icing first. Now to give this innocent cup cake a Halloween twist, place a tootsie roll pop on the top of the cupcake and dot it with black icing; use red icing to make the veins. .
3. Severed Finger Cupcake: If you feel like treating your guests to something really gross then, these severed finger cupcakes are the things for you. To make these cupcakes, add red food coloring to the cake batter before baking it. Now, frost it with orange or mud colored icing and stick a severed finger over it. How you prepare the severed fingers will depend up on your culinary skills. If you are adept at working with marzipan then, shape green colored or flesh colored marzipan into a nice little fingers and stick it over your cupcake. However, if you need an easy way out, then purchase some plastic severed fingers and use it over the cup cake – they will look equally good.
4. Cute Ghost Cupcake: Halloween need not only be bizarre and gross. These adorable yet spooky cupcakes are the perfect treats for the little tricksters at your party. To make these, prepare the cupcakes and top them with chocolate frosting. For the ghoulish part, you will need 2 balls of fondant. roll out one of the balls into a small roundel, prick 2 holes in the center for eyes; add red, black, or brown food color to the other ball and shape it into an imperfect cone and cover it with the prepared fondant sheet – your edible ghost is ready, place it over the cupcake for some Halloween fun.
5. Vampire-Bat Cupcake: Your guests might have never thought that the blood sucking vampire bats could be this tasty! To make the Vampire-bat cupcakes, top the cupcakes with vanilla frosting and cover the frosting with colorful sanding sugar. You can use either fondant or molten dark chocolate to make the wings and face of the vampire bat; eyes can be made using confetti sprinkle.
Well, this was my list of top 5 Halloween cupcake decorating ideas….but the possibilities are unlimited. Use your imagination to come up with some cupcake decorating ideas, which are even better than the ones listed here. If you too have some great cake decoration ideas for this Halloween, please share it with me. Do browse through ifood.tv for more Halloween party ideas.