Top 10 Harvest Party Foods
We enjoy harvest parties at the end of the summer with mouthwatering delicacies, some great drinks and with good music. Here are top 10 harvest party foods which are very popular in these parties. One of the main foods which are popularly had during such parties is dishes which are prepared from pumpkins and gourds. Here are some delicious harvest party food ideas which you can easily include in your next party.
1. Spiced pomegranate apple cider - This is one of the most popular harvest party foods which are enjoyed by young and old alike. This is made from apple juices, fresh pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, brown sugar, orange peels, thinly sliced oranges and also a cider mixture. This dish is garnished with clove-studded juicy orange slices.
2. Caramel apples – This is a very interesting dish in which apples are dipped in caramel so that they get an extra dazzle. These are also dipped in chocolate or drizzled with chocolate and garnished with nuts, toffee bits and some great dried fruits.
3. Crispy autumn fruits – Children love this combination of some of best dried and fall fruits which are served in a unique dessert style. Dried fruits like plums, cherries, raisins, apricots, apples, cranberries, rolled oats and honey are some of the ingredients which are used in the making of this crispy fruit delight. Whipped cream topping enhances the taste of this unique dish.
4. Stuffed figs – This is a wonderful menu which is prepared with mascarpone cheese, some chopped prosciutto, fresh figs, snipped chives and crumbled blue cheese. It makes some great stuffing and can be enjoyed as an appetizer.
5. Harvest beef stew – If you are fond of beef stew, you will surely enjoy this spicy delicious beef stew which is served with boneless beef chuck roast. Several spices are added to enhance the taste of the stew. It is served with dried thyme and crushed mustards.
6. Country bread sandwiches – These can be prepared using different types of bread such as pita wedges, ciabatta, or even Italian bread. These breads are filled with combinations of sliced turkey, bacons, grilled spicy vegetables, sliced onions, salad green or even apple butter. These sandwiches can make some great lunch menu.
7. Red hot popcorn balls – This is considered to be a very playful menu which is made from popped popcorn, light corn syrup and marshmallow crème. These are sweet and are a favorite among the kids who love to keep popping these goodies during the party.
8. Butternut squash, hazelnut and pear salad – This is one of those menus which need to be prepared several hours before you choose to serve this salad. It is made from butternut squash, honey, allspice and vinegar along with other ingredients.
9. Harvest themed classic dessert made from pumpkin – Pumpkins and apples are one of those items which are found in abundance during this season. This is why several recipes are made from apples and pumpkin. Pumpkin desserts are very popular and are normally prepared with pumpkin seeds roasted, pumpkin pulp, sugar syrup, apple juice and fresh orange juice. These can be baked or caramelized and served with whipped cream.
10. Pumpkin cocktails – Any harvest party is said to be incomplete without pumpkin cocktail. This is prepared with mashed pumpkin, roasted pumkin seeds, chilled fruit juices, fresh cream and pomegranate syrup. You can add some fresh fruit slices to make the cocktail more sumptuous.
Image credits - dessertcomesfirst.com ,