Top 10 Foods For Brain Health
What we eat can have a role in maintaining brain health—and also can play a part in diminishing its effectiveness. So it’s important for you to know Top 10 Foods For Brain Health. A diet for good brain health should include an optimum level of beneficial nutrients. Here’s a list of Top 10 Foods For Brain Health
1. Oysters—Oysters are one of the most incredible brain food. If you are a seafood lover you will be happy to know that experiments have shown that oysters are great for your brain, no matter your age. These are a great source of zinc as well as iron, eating this under-the-sea-delight will help to keep your mind sharp.
2. Whole Grains-- A lack of Whole Grain in your diet will result in memory lapses, poor concentration, and of course other ailments throughout the body.
If you add whole grains in your daily diet it will increase blood flow to the brain which means a higher quality and quantity of brain function.
3. Eggs---Eggs play an important role in your brain chemistry. Eggs are high in Vitamin B12 which helps to fight against brain shrinkage.
4. Green Tea-- Freshly brewed green tea is an excellent brain food. It is full of catechins. After a day’s if you ever drained, tired, and “too lazy” to think, it may be because you are lacking catechins in your brain. Catechins help to fight against mental fatigue.
5. Berries-- Hurray! This one is my favourite! Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and others, are full of antioxidants that are great as brain food.
6. Curry—It is one of the Top 10 Foods For Brain Health. Curry helps to keep your mind fresh.
7. Dark Chocolates-- Cocoa, is said to be very a nutritious brain food. Researchers suggest that the antioxidant content found in just two or three tablespoons of cocoa powder is much stronger than those antioxidants found in other foods, be it green tea or red wine. The main antioxidant found in cocoa, known as flavonols. Dark chocolates are packed with flavonols and are a must addition to your diet.
8. Nuts and seeds-- Snack on these brain foods. Peanuts, hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and any other type of nut or seed you can think of, are good source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, as well as folate, vitamin E, and vitamin B6. All of these nutrients are a must for brain nourishment.
9. Leafy Green Vegetables-- Eating leafy green vegetable overall is greatly beneficial to your health, especially that of your brain. Cabbage, kale and spinach are excellent brain food.
10. Wild Salmon—As a brain food wild salmon works as wonder. It helps to improve your grey matter, your mood, your synaptic connections, your arteries, reduce your risk of stroke and Dementia and Alzheimer's and much more.
I am sure you will find this list of Top 10 Foods For Brain Health useful. Here is some food for thought (literally) ---You are what you eat. So, make the most of your brain by having these Top 10 Foods For Brain Health!