Top 10 Cherry Quotes
You must have heard the phrase “cherry on the icing” – the word cherry has been used in several food related quotes and similes. The cute looking, fresh cherry is loved by all and used by chefs and food lovers as a point of reference. Here are some of the best quotes on cherries, collected from a wide range of sources. Hope you enjoy them all.
Best Cherry Quotes:
1. Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top.
2. The man for me is the cherry on the pie. But I'm the pie and my pie is good all by itself. Even if I don't have a cherry.
3. I say violence is necessary. It is as American as cherry pie.
4. Break open a cherry tree and there are no flowers, but the spring breeze brings forth myriad blossoms.
5. I want to do to you what spring does with the cherry trees.
6. “Loveliest of trees, the cherry now / Is hung with bloom along the bough.”
7. ““My heart that was rapt away by the wild cherry blossoms - will it return to my body when they scatter?”
8. “It may just be because I get homesick, but I have concluded Washington's cherry blossoms are just plain overrated.”
9. “I never see that prettiest thing - / A cherry bough gone white with Spring - / But what I think, 'How gay 'twould be / To hang me from a flowering tree.'”
10. “So we grew together,
Like to a double cherry, seeming parted,
But yet an union in partition.”
So, the next time you have a fresh cherry you can too can think something really interesting and you never know, your saying may become a very popular quote.
Image credits: thefrostedcupcakes