Top 8 Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds
Top 10 Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
1. Protection for Prostate Gland – Pumpkin seeds are known for promoting proper functioning of the prostate glands. In the case of an enlarged prostate, these seeds work to reduce the difficulty faced in urinating.
2. Bladder Functions – Scientists have found that pumpkin seeds are helpful for improving the functionality of bladder. More specifically, the extract from these seeds.
3. Anti-depressant – An important benefit of pumpkin seeds is that these are quite useful as an anti-depressant. The compound, L-tryptophan, which is present in pumpkin seeds can be very effective in treating depression.
4. Prevention of Osteoporosis – Even the patients of osteoporosis can improve their condition with the help of pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc and a deficiency of iron is one of the main causes of osteoporosis. So, these seeds work as a natural prevention for osteoporosis.
5. Preventing Kidney Stones – Another common benefit of pumpkin seeds is the prevention of kidney stones. As per the scientific research, pumpkin seeds prevent the formation of calcium oxalate to protect the kidney from growing stones.
6. Anti-parasitic– If your kids have parasites like worms or tapeworms, then pumpkin seeds can be used as a natural remedy. Research has proven their ability to treat even critical parasitic infections like schistosomiasis, a parasite from snails.
7. Rich in Magnesium – Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium. Around half cup of pumpkin seeds can offer you 92% of your daily requirement of magnesium. So, these can be useful for magnesium deficiency.
8. Treatment for Cholesterol – Phytosterols, a compound present in pumpkin seeds, helps to reduce the bad or LDL cholesterol. That being said, these have been very effective in controlling cholesterol levels.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv