Tips To Remove Chili Stain
Chili leaves stubborn stains on whatever it comes in contact with and the faster one gets working on it, the higher would be the success rate in getting rid of it completely. Chili stains often occur when chili containing gravy stains surfaces, clothing etc. These stains thus have two staining components in them - the acidic tomato and the greasy meat, in addition to the chili itself. Nevertheless, this combination stain can be removed easily with products available at home.
Remove Chili Stain from Washable Fiber
- Scrape off, caked on chili from stained area.
- Turn area inside out and hold under running water to flush out the residues of the stain.
- Pre-treat stained areas with liquid detergent and let fabric soak in a mixture of water and detergent for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse well and repeat the process until the stain pales.
- Wash fabric in the hottest permissible cycle. Use color bleach or chlorine bleach while doing so.
- Check the stain prior to drying the fabric.
Removing chili stains from upholstery and carpets can also be performed using the same products. The liquid detergent solution has to be sponged into the stain using a clean cloth. The stain is blotted out and the process repeated until stain disappears. Then cool, clean water is sponged in to mop up the residues. Remove chili stains at home without any fret or fumes!
Image credit: wademack.wordpress.com/