Tips To Prepare Sugar Free Passion Fruit Pie
Natural sweeteners are an indispensable part of a sugar free menu and can be used to make a range of delicious beverages, desserts and bakes. A sugar free passion fruit pie is a must for all those who want to enjoy yummy as well as healthy desserts. The fruity aroma of the passion fruit makes for a lovely tasting pie whose flavor can be further enhanced by the use of sugar free substitutes. Though there are many artificial sweeteners available in the market their safety is not supported by sufficient studies and scientific data. The natural sugar free substitutes that can replace sugar in a passion fruit pie are listed in the blog below.
- The need for sugar free ingredients arose becasue the high amount of white sugar being consumed is causing tooth decay and increasing the rates of obesity, heart diseses and diabetes mellitus.
- Natural sweeteners are preferred for making a pie or any dessert as they have been used traditionally and are free of side effects.
- Cane sugar and honey are the oldest sugar substitutes known to man.
- The fruit is high in vitamin C which keeps gums and all body tissues strong and healthy. Some studies have shown that this vitamin also helps to control blood pressure levels.
- The dietary fiber stands at 10.4 g per 100 g of the raw fruit. This meets a lot of the daily fiber requirements for adults and is good to keep blood lipids and sugars in the normal range.
- Lycopene, the antioxidant present in passion fruit has a strong protective action against the cancers of the lung and stomach.
- Potassium is another mineral that is found in good amounts and is needed for a healthy nervous and muscular system.
Once you try a natural sweetener for baking a passion fruit pie, it will be hard to get back to using sugar. The taste, flavor and health benefits of these sugar substitutes make them a sure winner.