Tips To Make Homemade Cheez It
We love to carry Cheez-It, popular snack crackers marketed by Kellogs, to our parties and often pack them for long drives and picnics. But what if you can prepare these super delicious snacks at home? Homemade goodies are always healthier and turn out to be cheaper than the store bought ones. So, here are a few tips on how you can prepare these crunchy snacks at home.
- Try to follow any one good recipe while picking up ingredients. If you combine and include ingredients from all different books and websites, you might mess up everything, Moreover, you need to use measured ingredients only when preparing these. To make these a little healthy you can include fat reduced cheddar cheese which is easily available in the stores.
- You can mix all the ingredients in a medium size bowl and add little water. Do not add all water together but just a tablespoon at a time. You need to add water so that the dough comes together and looks very similar to a pie crust.
- This step should not missed at all. The dough you prepare should be chilled for at least 30 minutes.
- Do not forget to lace the baking sheet with parchment paper or else the cookies will stick to the baking sheet once baked well.
- It usually takes 22 – 25 minutes to make these crackers. It also depends on the type of oven you are using and the temperature setting also. You can check after 22 minutes and then put it back to the oven for further cookies.
Once you have prepared the snacks all you need to do is store them in air-tight containers so that you can use them whenever you wish. They will remain as fresh as ever.