Tips To Make Butter Balls For A Perfect Dinner Party
Despite being loaded with calories, the appetizing and rich butter balls make a tasty addition to your dinner party menu. Elegant delicacies, the savory and creamy fried balls form delightful eats. Here are few tips that you can keep handy while trying to prepare the buttery balls the perfect way…
What You Need
- Cream Cheese
- All-purpose Flour
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
Tips For Frying Butter Balls
- Allow butter and cream cheese to come to room temperature before blending. This will help in proper blending of the ingredients.
- Use an electric blender to blend butter, cream cheese, and seasoning to form a smooth mixture.
- You can use an ice cream scoop or melon baller to shape the mixture into perfect balls.
- The balls should now be allowed to freeze until solid to prevent it from breaking into pieces.
- Eggs play a vital role in binding. Beat the egg well, after it comes to room temperature. Make sure that it is not too much of a liquid.
- Dip the balls in egg mixture and then, re-freeze so as to retain the solid texture. It is essential to keep freeze theballs so that they remain intact when deep-fried.
- Allow the temperature of the oil to rise until 350 degrees F. It is advisable to measure the temperature using a thermometer. Excessive or lower levels of heat can spoil the quality of the dish.
- Always add just 4 to 6 balls at a time. Crowding will result in imperfect cooking.
- Using a slotted spoon, keep turning the balls slowly, until the balls turn pale golden in color. Over-browning can affect the taste of these crunchy snacks.
If you want a visual representation of what I said, then play the video given below.
The fried butter balls are now ready to be served or you can even freeze them to be used later on. Serve them on a plate alongside freshly sliced thin slices of onions, carrots, and cabbage with a sauce of your choice.
Image Credit: ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com
Video Credit: youtube.com