Tips To Cook Fried Banana
Fried bananas, be it from Thai or Mexico or India, is definitely a treat for those with a sweet tooth. If you want to learn how to cook fried bananas, then read through this write-up. There are some handy tips that you can always remember while frying bananas and using them to prepare some tastier delights. So, are you ready for the trip?
Directions For Frying Bananas
- Slice bananas, diagonally, into thin rounds.
- Place a deep-frying pan on medium heat. Add a couple tablespoons of oil and allow to turn hot.
- Add sliced bananas, few at a time, to the hot oil.
- With a slotted spoon, keep turning the bananas carefully until both sides turn golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towels; blot well to drain off excess oil.
You can now serve these fried delights after sprinkling it with powdered sugar as a dessert with vanilla ice cream, or use the same for preparing other delights.
Things To Remember While Frying Bananas
- Always choose ripe bananas; semi-ripe or raw bananas can spoil the flavor.
- Add the banana slices carefully to hot oil, failing which the shape may be disrupted.
Few Handy Tips
- You can slice ripe bananas into thin long pieces, dip in a sweetened flour batter, and then deep-fry it to golden brown. This itself makes a dessert.
- Raw bananas can also be fried. They can be fried by slicing them into thin rounds and frying in hot oil. Add a little brine water after the color turns golden yellow to get banana chips. Or else, slice bananas into thin rounds. Prepare a savory batter using all-purpose flour, red chili powder, salt, and a little baking soda. Dip the banana slices in the batter and deep fry to golden brown. This can be relished with tomato ketchup or can be used for cooking a casserole.
Tips For Cooking Fried Banana
Fried ripe bananas make wonderful ingredients for sandwiches and cupcakes. They can also be used for making a pie as well as a topping for a pie. Here are few dishes where you can make use of bananas…
- Sandwiches: Spread a generous amount of butter on one slice of bread. Top with the fried slices of bananas. Drizzle generous amounts of caramel sauce atop the bananas and sprinkle handful of cashews. Now top with another buttered bread slice and keep in the oven for a few minutes.
- Cupcakes: Prepare the cake batter as per the directions mentioned in the recipe. Spoon into muffin pans and top with the fried fruit slices. Sprinkle few semisweet chocolate chips and bake them as per the instructions.
Make sure that you remember these handy tips on how to cook fried bananas so that your dessert mesmerizes your guests!
Image Credit: ifood.tv