Table Setting For Breakfast
The table setting for breakfast is comparatively easier task, than setting for any formal dinner or lunch occasion. Still you should know the basics, so that you can have complete confidence in your breakfast table setting to serve your guest in most formal way. To serve breakfast, you will require less table items. But you should put more attention to decorate the table beautifully, as breakfast sets the mood for the day.
Ideas on Table Setting for Breakfast
Breakfast Table Decoration
The breakfast table should always have a fresh and clean look. Keeping this in mind, I can only think of table covers and place mats in light and soothing shades of color. Bright and dark color usually is not that fit for the morning shades, but one can always be creative in experimenting. To talk about the center piece, fresh flowers are the best choice for decorating the breakfast table. You don’t always have to buy an expensive bouquet, even a bunch of freshly picked flowers from your personal garden can also convert the mood of breakfast table in a refreshing one.
Breakfast Table Items
As I have already mentioned that the breakfast table setting requires comparatively less number of cutleries and china set. Here is the list of essential items you need to collect to set up the breakfast table.
- Luncheon plate, Luncheon/Dinner fork and Luncheon/Dinner Spoon
- Cereal bowl with teaspoon
- Bread and Butter plate and Butter Spreader
- Tea cup and saucer set with teaspoon
- Water glass or tumbler and juice glass
It is always preferable to choose the china set with a decent shade and pattern for the breakfast purpose. Similarly, choose the sterling silver cutleries to give the table more authentic look. In case of glassware, crystal would be the best choice. Even the napkin with lace border can bring much difference to highlight the mood of the morning.
Rules on Table Setting for Breakfast
- Step 1 – Place the luncheon plate on top of the placemat. If serving cereal, then place the cereal bowl on the luncheon plate.
- Step 2 – Place the luncheon knife and one teaspoon sequentially just on the right side of the luncheon plate.
- Step 3 – On the left side of the luncheon plate place the luncheon fork and napkin, respectively.
- Step 4 – On the top row, place the bread and butter plate on the leftmost corner. Put the butter spreader across the plate.
- Step 5 – On the rightmost corner of the top row, place two glasses for water and juice.
- Step 6 – Put the tea serving set and a teaspoon on the rightmost place, in between the glasses and luncheon knife set.
Follow these simple rules on setting table for breakfast at your home and every morning enjoy a royal breakfast.