Soups can make some really economical meal, especially when you are serving large portions. Soups can be refrigerated for 2-3 days, but before serving you will need to reheat soup. Many people find reheating soup to be quite a difficult task and the main concern is always to retain the flavor and taste of the soup. Here are some easy ways on how you can reheat soup.
Reheat soup on stovetop
- Just pour the cold soup in a large pot. It is important to have a large pot, so that the water does not boil from its different sides.
- You can add some extra water, especially when you choose to reheat soup which has rice and pasta. These normally tend to soak up a lot of soup liquid when they are inside the refrigerator.
- If you are reheating soup on your stovetop, you can add at least ½ cup of water, which makes it easy to reheat.
- You can heat the soup over medium heat in a pan.
- If the soup is more of a broth, you need to heat it over high heat.
- When reheating soup on your stove top, you need to wait for sometime so that the soup starts boiling.
- Keep stirring the soup constantly so that it does not stick.
- You can also insert a food thermometer to ensure that you have reached the right temperature for serving the soup, in case you are following a specific recipe.
Reheat soup in Microwave
- Pour the soup in a container which is microwave safe and has plenty of space in its top portion. This is recommended because soup can even boil over.
- If you are placing a microwave safe lid while reheating soup, ensure that there is a plastic wrap on the container, so that a small opening is left as a vent, for the excess steam to escape.
- Let the soup heat for at least 30 seconds.
- After the allotted time, you can open the lid of the microwave and allow the steam to escape.
- You need to keep heating the soup alternatively and keep stirring so that the soup does not stick.
Reheating soup is easy, but you just need to be a bit careful. If you reheat soup on stove top and you do not keep a track of the time, the entire soup mind just dry up!