Raspberry Martini Garnishing Tips
Raspberry martini is one of the popular girly drinks and I love to serve this beautiful drink, whenever we have a girly session at my place. The best part of the raspberry martini drink is that you can garnish it with almost anything you want. The option is unlimited and the choice is yours. Here I am going to describe some of the easiest ways to garnish this fabulous drink. Just read on.
Keep the following kitchen tools handy to prepare and serve the garnish –
- Peeler – to peel off the garnishing item, if desired
- Paring knife – to cut thin slices or to remove skin
- Zester or grater – to zest or grate any lemon or orange rind
- Stirrers – to pierce the garnish for serving purpose
Easy Ideas on Raspberry Martini Garnishing
Raspberry is one of the common ways to garnish the raspberry martini drink. Pierce few raspberries into the stirrer to place in or over the drink, or float the raspberries over the drink. You can also make a small slit on the surface to place the raspberry on the glass rim.
Strawberry garnish is particularly popular for the blue raspberry martini. You can place a strawberry on the glass rim or float on the drink. Alternately, you can try other types of strawberry garnishes to make the drink more attractive.
Lime Wedge Garnish
Use a sharp knife, to cut the lime along the length in 5-6 wedges. Discard the seeds and trim off the core portion of the wedges. Place the wedges inside the martini glass or make a slit on the linear side to attach on the glass rim. Lime slices are also a common garnishing technique for raspberry martini. Instead of lime, you can also use lemon or orange, according to availability.
Lemon Twist Garnish
With a vegetable peeler, peel off the skin from the lemon in a spiral way, starting from top end to bottom. This can also be prepared with a sharp paring knife. Place the lemon twist on the rim of the raspberry martini glass.
Mint is a quite versatile ingredient and matches itself to various flavors. Use fresh mint sprigs to place on the rim or float on the raspberry martini drink. For strong mint flavor, chop fresh mint leaves and sprinkle all over the drink.
Chocolate raspberry martini is known to be an exotic drink, which is a blend of chocolate and raspberry liqueur. You can use chocolates in any form to garnish this type of raspberry martini. A chocolate stick, bar or spiral can act as perfect garnish. With a grater, you can also grate chocolate directly over the drink.
Important Raspberry Martini Garnishing Tips
- When you use fresh herbs like mint, rosemary, basil etc for garnishing purpose, make sure that these are clean enough. To ensure this, thoroughly rinse the herbs in cold running water and then drain. Place these on paper towel to soak the excess water, before using as a garnish.
- To prepare the fruit garnishes, always use fresh fruit for best result. You can use any fruits like mango, watermelon, kiwi etc to garnish the raspberry martini, in case you do not have the specified ones. Prepare the fruit garnishes fresh, just before serving the drink. This way, you can ensure maximum taste and flavor of the garnish.
- To maintain the freshness of the fruit garnishes, you can place these in a bowl of cold water for 10-15 minutes. Drain the garnishes properly, before placing in the drink.
- You can dip the fruit garnishes into lemon water for few seconds, before using for garnishing. This will help in retaining the original fruit color for quite some time and will make the drink appear much refreshing.
- Keep the garnishes away from heat or fan to avoid quick drying.
With all these useful tips of raspberry martini garnishing, it becomes quite easy a job for you. Therefore, from now onwards, organize more kitty parties and surprise your guests with these exquisitely decorated raspberry martini drinks.