Portland Food Tour
Portland, the rose city, has unique food types for foodlovers to offer and Portland Food Tour is different from other famous US cities like New York, San Francisco, or Los Angeles. Food tour Portland may not have the hype of New York, variety of Los Angeles, or extravagance of San Francisco, by the foods of Portland are made by foodies for the foodies hence make a marked difference and large portions are one of the features of Portland foods. Now in empty stomach, let’s take a stroll for Portland Food Tour.
Portland Food Tour is not only about enjoying some good foods; it is total experience learning, buying, meeting the culinary artisans, trade expert, culinary specialist vendors and then sipping some rare drinks, in one word it is fuelled gusto of super duper gastronomy feast. Here place is not the big word, food is the ultimate satisfaction. However, culinary tours in Portland can be memory of life time if you know the culinary maps of the place. Read on…..
North Portland Tour
North Portland Food tour connects local with tourists and chefs and vendors as well. The humor and tips of the expert guides makes the ambience friendly and the sample foods make the journey sumptuous experience; here you will be able to feel the original food tradition of Portland. Some of the world class samples are
- Hot crisp savory waffle sandwiches
- Chickpea French fries
- Mini burger with grilled pineapple and bacon
- Fresh local bread and farmstead cheese
- Lemon chicken sandwiches grilled preserved
- French macarons with salted caramel
- Rosemary Pecans
- Portland special cocktail,
- Craft Beer
- Many more, if your stomach permits…….
Alphabet District food tour at Portland
Alphabet district is like a cynosure in Portland culinary heritage. Although the tour takes only 3 hour around time, but you will be able to experience wide variety of foods and drinks and get to know all the seasonal ingredients specialty of Oregon and Portland culinary zone. Some of the special dishes from this tour are
- Asparagus risotto with prosciutto and pecorino
- Mimosas with strawberry rhubarb reduction
- Moist lemon coconut date truffles
- Salad of spring greens with herbed goat cheese, local hazelnuts, and grilled portabellas
- Carrot whoopie pies, chocolate hazelnut macarons, and rhubarb rugelach,
- Coffee cappuccinos from an award wining barista
- Nut butter sandwiches grilled on challah bread
Those who have any dietary restrictions chefs can make the substitute of that ingredient with their great culinary skill.
Portland Food Tour can be a memorable one if you follow your heart and calendar because shiny summer or heavy rain may not be convenient for food tour.
Image credit: ifood.tv