Pork Broth Health Benefits
- Heart Health: Over the years pork has gained notoriety for inducing heart attacks. The pork is actually high in fat content, and is known to aid promotion of cholesterol too. But with recent discoveries, scientists are recommending trimmed pork to be made part of our diets. The trimming of pork actually reduces the fat content, making the broth healthier. The trimmed pork is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which are known to boost the heart health. The pork is also known to be abundant in conjugated linolenic acid, which is a vital nutrient for a healthy heart. Therefore, consuming a moderately large bowl of pork broth is going to make your heart healthy and happy.
- Protein: Lean pork meat is an abundant source of protein. Therefore, enjoying a broth involving lean cuts of pork is going to help in a big way. It has been found that only 100 grams of pork is sufficient to meet the daily protein needs of an individual. So, slurping a bowl of pork bone broth, or lean cuts is definitely going to work for your protein intake.
- Calcium: The pork broth is prepared after roasting and cooking the bones in water for a long time. The process helps to entrench maximum calcium content from the bones. Therefore, it can be summed up that pork broth is an excellent source of calcium.
- Diabetes: Scientists in Australia have found that people following a high protein and low carbohydrate diet are likely to have stabilized blood sugar levels than others. Scientists have suggested that people should try to include pork or pork based foods into their diet routine. It was observed that people who ate pork and performed moderate exercises could keep their weights and blood sugar levels under control. What better way to start than with a bowl of pork broth.
- Immunity: Pork is loaded with minerals like magnesium, calcium, etc, which are known to strengthen immune system. This means having a bowl of hot and fresh pork broth is definitely going to boost your immune system.
- Low Sodium Content: The pork meat has low sodium content, in comparison with other meats. Therefore, even people suffering from kidney ailments can try a bowl of pork broth!
Despite a host of benefits, we would still suggest that you consult your physician before embarking on a pork broth diet. This is because the pork broth health benefits may not be suitable for everyone.
Image Courtesy: trucvy-zoe.blogspot.com