Layered Mason Jar Gifts
Layered Mason Jar gifts are not only creative but thoughtful as well. Mason canning jar when layered with raw ingredients of a dish makes up for a perfect “layered gift”.The best part is that they make easy and inexpensive yet wonderful gifts. Once you fill the jar with the ingredients, tie a printed label on its top and tie another note of recipe instructions with a beautiful ribbon to complete the look. Here are some recipe ideas for making Layered Mason Jar gifts.
1. You can create a layer of ingredients for the delicious cinnamon hot chocolate. The ingredients should include nonfat milk, ground cinnamon, cocoa, sugar and miniature marshmallows.
2. For those who love tea, the Mason jar must be filled with instant tea mix, sugar, orange breakfast drink and spices such as clove and cinnamon. The tea can be enjoyed both cold and hot.
One of the most unique ways to make make a Mason jar gift is by layering the ingredients for a soup.
1. For chicken noodle soup, you must layer onion flakes, egg noodles, herbs and spices and bouillon granules. For Minestrone layer red lentils, short elbow macaroni, split peas, herbs and spices and beef bouillon granules.
2. A three-bean soup requires cranberry beans, pinto beans, seasonings, pearl barley, white navy beans and mixed dehydrated vegetables.
3. Preparing a potato soup mix is also a good idea. You should layer instant mashed potatoes, chicken bouillon, instant milk, dried minced onion and seasonings. Since most the ingredients here are white in color, you may add colorful layers like turmeric and parsley for visual interest.
1. Brownies are very simple in preparation and its dry ingredients when placed in a Mason jar make up for a great gift. The ingredients to be layered include a mix of flour, salt and baking powder and individual layers of cocoa, chocolate chips and sugar.
2. For oatmeal cookies, layer flour, cinnamon, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and rolled oats.
3. Orange dreamsicle cookies are yet another great option. Baking soda, orange drink, sugar, vanilla baking chips, baking powder and flour must be layered for this amazing treat.
1. Mason jar gifts are not merely restricted to layers of food. For a unique gift pack, you must layer kosher salt, Epsom salt, any essential oil and a few drops of liquid glycerin and a jar of homemade bath salts is ready.
2. If you layer seasonal candies in a Mason jar, it will easily hold a candle upright. Once you layer the jar with colorful candies, tie a candle on one side of the jar.
3. Write journal writing prompts on papers of different colors and textures. Place them one above the other to make a “journal in a jar” gift.